Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2017 7:44:02 PM EDT
I recall that one of you guys purchased the Steiner M536. Just curious if you have had the opportunity for anymore range time with it. Appears that it is a great optic at a fantastic price. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I recall that one of you guys purchased the Steiner M536. Just curious if you have had the opportunity for anymore range time with it. Appears that it is a great optic at a fantastic price. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
View Quote

Conn has one, he's reported good things. 
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Conn has one, he's reported good things. 
View Quote

Yes Sir.  Best deal in optics.  Very well made, excellent glass, excellent illuminated reticle.  The mount returns to zero.  This thing is a steal for what you get.  I use it on a 20" LT  Stealth upper.  They make a 7.62x51 version as well.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:12:01 PM EDT
[#3]
If I may ask. What does it have over the Aimpoint M4?. I ask because I was looking into maybe getting another M4. The Steiner is nearly 2.5x heavier and only $200 less. Not questioning the optical clarity, at all, because I've used tons of and love Steiner binos.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:17:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I may ask. What does it have over the Aimpoint M4?. I ask because I was looking into maybe getting another M4. The Steiner is nearly 2.5x heavier and only $200 less. Not questioning the optical clarity, at all, because I've used tons of and love Steiner binos.
View Quote

Two different animals for me.  I use it as an optic for a stationary long distance rifle.  The reticle is too busy for a combat optic like a red dot or a true 1x to whatever variable.  My "fighting" rifles have M4S red dot with magnifiers if I want.  But for precision, the Steiner rules.

It is heavy.  Built like a tank.  Another reason I lean toward stationary use.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 8:07:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a couple of Aimpoints and love them for close quarters. Its my go to optic for home defense. They work OK for ringing steel out to 300 but do not compare to my ACOGs or variables. I have the opportunity to shoot on a range that has lots of trees on it. Unlike most ranges, this results in a lot of shaded areas where the targets are placed. All of us acquire our targets more rapidly with the ACOGs than any red dots in this environment. First time shooters in this environment are really surprised by the advantage. Targets are at varying distances 25-300 yards. We usually place threat and non threat targets overlapping for proper target ID. We also have someone else(non shooter for that scenario) place the targets out for the rest of us to engage. That way we do not know what target is a threat or non threat. Again the ACOG rules for us in this environment.  

I am looking at the Steiner (M332 3 power) as a cheaper alternative to purchasing another ACOG. The M332 appears to be close to the TA33 that I already have and love. Eye relief and field of view are a bit better on paper for the M332 but it weighs a tad more than the TA33. I just dont feel like forking out the cash for another TA33. There are many models of ACOGs and they are all unique in their own way. I have owned or shot almost every model. I prefer the TA11 and TA33. I have used Steiner binos and love their glass and robust design. If this optic is anything like their binos I guarantee this is a killer deal. I think I am going to grab the Steiner M332 and give it a shot. Keep you posted.

Thanks for the feedback Conn
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:08:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I checked out the M332 and it drops a good 6oz and looks like it could fit the bill.
Are there any LGS's which might have one in stock, to fondle?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 4:02:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Thats a good question. The only authorized dealers in CT appear to be marine stores.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#8]
All I read were reviews. I bought one from a guy on another board LNIB for $450.  I have no idea who would have one in CT
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:58:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I just ordered a M332 from Sportsman Guide.
Buyer club member double discount and free ship. $440  The 5X would be $480 shipped
Coupon Code SK1462.  For buyer club members only
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top