Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2017 3:02:57 PM EDT
Good news for our brethren in NH, they are apparently getting constitutional carry.

GD thread on it: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1964198_NH-House-PASSES-CONSTITUTIONAL-CARRY.html

Update: Apparently the NH governor signed the bill on 2/2/17. Bill effective upon signing.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#1]
It passed last time too.

I think the govnah is a skank lib
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 6:50:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It passed last time too.

I think the govnah is a skank lib
View Quote

The new governor has expressed intention of signing it.

I am debating whether or not to keep renewing my P&R license if it passes. If I were a resident I would, but as a non-resident it doesn't seem worth it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 7:27:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Figures, I have only had my Non-Res. NH permit for a couple of months.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 7:32:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me too.

I'm going to be a permit collector
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 8:11:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Lolz I renewed just last year!! We go every year to the white mountains region so at least it will save a few bucks in the long run.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 10:10:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Lolz I renewed just last year!! We go every year to the white mountains region so at least it will save a few bucks in the long run.
View Quote

You can put the money saved toward you increased CT permit fee.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 5:29:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Hahaha I was thinking of that just after I submitted the reply.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Still worth having. You can carry in PA and a number of other states with a NH permit
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 1:12:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Darn. NH just cashed my check Friday.  Sent it in right before Christmas
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:29:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Still worth having. You can carry in PA and a number of other states with a NH permit
View Quote

This!  Although I way switch and get a FL permit instead, it covers almost the same as NH
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:51:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Still worth having.
View Quote

(Quote edited for relevance to my post)

Another consideration is Guns Free School Zones Act compliance.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:24:14 PM EDT
[#12]
" Another consideration is Guns Free School Zones Act compliance. "

Not sure what you mean?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:29:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm fairly sure in NH you can carry in schools.  And the only places you can't carry are Federal buildings and courthouses.  Also recall reading the courthouses must have  storage facilities
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
" Another consideration is Guns Free School Zones Act compliance. "

Not sure what you mean?
View Quote

Federal law saying you can't be within 1000 feet of a school zone with guns.

Permit excempts you. But knot from any state made laws
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:38:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I honestly had no idea about that.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:41:36 PM EDT
[#16]
NH governor apparently signs the constitutional carry bill and it is effective upon signing.

NH eliminates license requirement to carry concealed gun, effective immediately
http://www.concordmonitor.com/sununu-signs-conceal-carry-bill-8252381
Republican Gov. Chris Sununu signed so-called “constitutional carry” into law Wednesday morning, his first signing since taking office in early January.

“It is common-sense legislation,” he said during a ceremony in the Executive Council chambers. “This is about making sure that our laws on our books are keeping people safe while remaining true to the live-free-or-die spirit.”

The signing marked a GOP victory a week after the bruising defeat of right-to-work, one of Sununu’s top priorities.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:27:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I never thought I would say this in a million years but I am actually jealous of New Hampshire (and Maine for that matter).  Good for them.

Meanwhile, in the Constitution State...
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 5:14:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Guess it's time to get a Florida instead and let my NH expire.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:04:04 PM EDT
[#19]
So this applies to non residents as well? As in NH=VT now?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:24:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Maine too I believe.
Too bad we are surrounded by libturd states
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#21]
In maine if you have a permit you can carry in Acadia park and don't have a dooty to inform
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:03:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So this applies to non residents as well? As in NH=VT now?
View Quote

You are GTG in VT, NH and ME.  No need for non-resident permits for NH or ME anymore.

Just leaves the suckfests that are MA , RI and us.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:45:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Are we part of New England or not?

We need to be on the same page with our brothers and sisters.

Regardless, this can't hurt our stance on the 2A.    It's got to at least tilt the scales in our favor from Malloy's permit increase.   More ammo to write your legislators with.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:25:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Never mind.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 1:39:31 PM EDT
[#25]
What a difference a state makes, while one wishes to live up to it's "Live Free or Die" motto, the other known as "The Constitution State" wishes to expand roadblocks to it's citizens exercizing their constitutional rights.  FDM
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 2:46:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What a difference a state makes, while one wishes to live up to it's "Live Free or Die" motto, the other known as "The Constitution State" wishes to expand roadblocks to it's citizens exercizing their constitutional rights.  FDM
View Quote

The sad part is NH is quickly going blue. Much like CT of the 1980s. People from MA have invaded and are voting the same way they did in MA, which we all know is the cause of MA's spiral down hill.

We got it doubly bad because NYers invaded and MAssholes invaded.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 3:00:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The sad part is NH is quickly going blue. Much like CT of the 1980s. People from MA have invaded and are voting the same way they did in MA, which we all know is the cause of MA's spiral down hill.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will never understand liberals...they move from a blue state because it is unbearable, expensive with shitty policies. They then move to a red state because they hear how great it is then vote for the same liberal idiots that ruined the first place they lived. I don't know how much more obvious it needs to be regarding where the problem lies....
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 5:17:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I will never understand liberals...they move from a blue state because it is unbearable, expensive with shitty policies. They then move to a red state because they hear how great it is then vote for the same liberal idiots that ruined the first place they lived. I don't know how much more obvious it needs to be regarding where the problem lies....
View Quote

New Hampshire should build a fucking YUUGE TALL WALL and then round up the libtards and throw them out.

MNHGA

MAKE NEW HAMPSHIRE GREAT AGAIN
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 5:27:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

New Hampshire should build a fucking YUUGE TALL WALL and then round up the libtards and throw them out.

MNHGA

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MNHGA

Link Posted: 3/3/2017 7:11:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

MNHGA

View Quote

We should do that too. Return this state to how it used to be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top