Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2017 8:51:12 AM EDT
I'm selling an SKS through the EE and I have a buyer out of state. The buyer said he holds an FFL.

What do I need to do? Can I just ship it to him direct? Does it have to go through an FFL on my end? Do I need to call a NICS check if I ship it myself?

Should I get his FFL info to cover myself?

I've never done this before, could use some advice. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 9:19:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm selling an SKS through the EE and I have a buyer out of state. The buyer said he holds an FFL.

What do I need to do? Can I just ship it to him direct? Does it have to go through an FFL on my end? Do I need to call a NICS check if I ship it myself?

Should I get his FFL info to cover myself?

I've never done this before, could use some advice. Thanks.
View Quote

You can just send him the rifle but I would verify his Ffl by checking https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/
I have done this in the past. You only need some of his FFL INFO TO Verify he is telling the truth. Some dealers don't want to give out copies of there ffl's to non dealers- you only need some of his info to verify that he is legit. Ask him for the info you need - he should supply it
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 9:23:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I have never had an FFL refused to send me a "file copy" of their FFL, then I check via the EZcheck to make sure it us still valid. If they did refuse I would probably not do business with them. I would rather cover my ass then take someone's word for it.

But to answer your question, Yes, if he is an FFL you can ship directly to him.

ETA: if you are going to the Hartford USPS hub to ship the rifle (assuming you are shipping it yourself) they WILL require a copy of his FFL to ship it. Just an FYI
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 9:27:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Awesome, thanks guys.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 11:52:27 AM EDT
[#4]
If it is an SKS a C&R FFL is good too.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 12:58:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it is an SKS a C&R FFL is good too.
View Quote

Many SKS in their original configuration are C&R eligible. (I believe that the OP was selling a 59-66, which is)

However, rifles that have been modified (i.e. sporterized) are not nor are recent production rifles that are not specifically mentioned on the C&R list (e.g. recent production Chinese commerical distribution rifles, SKS-D rifles, SKS-M rifles)
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:00:29 PM EDT
[#6]
JAD is correct, it is a 59-66 Yugo
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top