Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2017 3:11:06 PM EDT
Does the blade length restriction apply to axes or tomahawks left in your trunk?  Wasn't sure if these fell under the blade laws or not, or if they are unrestricted...
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 4:35:12 PM EDT
[#1]
They are tools not weapons

I have an axe and a machete mounted on the roll bar of my Jeep...
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are tools not weapons

I have an axe and a machete mounted on the roll bar of my Jeep...
View Quote

If you ever use them in a defensive/aggressive manner they will become "deadly weapons"
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 7:48:21 PM EDT
[#3]
You need to buy pre bans.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 7:50:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you a viking?

What the fuck do you need a fucking tomahawk for? Or an axe?

This is not how to make the ct hometown forum great again.

What the fuck is going on in here. Seriously.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 7:55:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Theres a chopping axe, splitting axe, wedge, maul and chainsaw in the tool box of my truck all the time. Never gave it a second thought.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 7:57:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Theres a chopping axe, splitting axe, wedge, maul and chainsaw in the tool box of my truck all the time. Never gave it a second thought.
View Quote

Unless you work in the timber industry that should be illegal.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 8:15:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank God I know you're just kidding because that would be just bizarre.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 8:29:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

In my trunk I keep.... Either, duct tape, a bandana, some rope , a set of handcuffs, a bag of lime and a shovel.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 8:38:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

In my trunk I keep.... Either, duct tape, a bandana, some rope , a set of handcuffs, a bag of lime and a shovel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chloroform and a hanky. Justnot sure what color hanky for the type of stuff youre into
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Chloroform and a hanky. Justnot sure what color hanky for the type of stuff youre into
View Quote

Hankies are white dude!
Bandanas can be any color
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Gorilla tape is more better and you should throw in some painters plastic or trash bags. You need a backup shovel, too.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 9:47:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Gorilla tape is more better and you should throw in some painters plastic or trash bags. You need a backup shovel, too.
View Quote

True...
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:22:43 PM EDT
[#13]
As a meatcutter I keep knives in my car all the time,  they are badass large and I usually keep them on my dash with a spare apron wrapped around them.  I've never had any issues.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:14:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Are you a viking?

View Quote

Stop not liking what I like

@leon82 is a master tomahawk wielder. And he's good people too.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:16:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Z. Want his address?
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 6:21:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I got cheap one under my night stand. It has a blade and a spike ty thing on the other
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 7:51:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
As a meatcutter I keep knives in my car all the time,  they are badass large and I usually keep them on my dash with a spare apron wrapped around them.  I've never had any issues.
View Quote

You might want to consider the possibilities if you were to get into an accident. It's the only reason I don't keep anything except for gloves on my dash.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 8:22:53 AM EDT
[#18]
I have sheaths for them.  

Shit flies everywhere in a wreck.  My car is essentially open from front to rear. No trunk,

Maybe I should clamp them in my teeth.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:35:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You might want to consider the possibilities if you were to get into an accident. It's the only reason I don't keep anything except for gloves on my dash.
View Quote

Being in the auto industry I have seen some pretty bad wrecks. Working for a manufacturer I have been to the crash testing labs and have seen the high speed camera test results. Small things in the cabin can do some serious damage.

Putting stuff on the rear package shelf or on top of the dash is just insane. For one on the passenger side the airbag blows up and bounces off the windshield to protect the passenger. Anything there becomes a projectile. Those idiots who ride with their feet on the dash are just begging to be permanently injured or killed. Look up people who have crashed with their feet there.

If you have to keep stuff on the interior of your vehicle keep it low and secured if possible. I keep a container in the trunk that has stuff.

The lady who used to do our car seat training had crashed and was hit int the neck by a tissue box and had serious nerve damage. Enough where she had to learn to speak all over again and was paralyzed for a few weeks she said.

Much like a bullet the energy is mass x velocity, basically. Combine that with human flesh and there is a disaster waiting to happen.

Rant over!! Go back to driving around with your knives on the dash.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:03:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lemme axe yu a question.

I just accidentally bought a whole peeled knuckle thinking it was a whole sirloin- I understand they're near each other. When I buy whole sirloins I typically break them down along the seam, cut into sirloin steaks, and the stuff I fuck up I cut into "steak tips".
Can I do the knuckle the same way? Typically I buy my whole sirloin when Costco has had it on sale, but this was at Food Bazaar and I was in a rush and didn't realize it wasn't their whole sirloin I've seen there b4.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:06:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Being in the auto industry I have seen some pretty bad wrecks. Working for a manufacturer I have been to the crash testing labs and have seen the high speed camera test results. Small things in the cabin can do some serious damage.

Putting stuff on the rear package shelf or on top of the dash is just insane. For one on the passenger side the airbag blows up and bounces off the windshield to protect the passenger. Anything there becomes a projectile. Those idiots who ride with their feet on the dash are just begging to be permanently injured or killed. Look up people who have crashed with their feet there.

If you have to keep stuff on the interior of your vehicle keep it low and secured if possible. I keep a container in the trunk that has stuff.

The lady who used to do our car seat training had crashed and was hit int the neck by a tissue box and had serious nerve damage. Enough where she had to learn to speak all over again and was paralyzed for a few weeks she said.

Much like a bullet the energy is mass x velocity, basically. Combine that with human flesh and there is a disaster waiting to happen.

View Quote
Having been in two reasonably bad accidents (neither my fault! Rear ended) I have very strict rules about unsecured objects in my car. Unsecured objects go on the floor, not seats, even if it's just a handbag. And unless the trunk or is full, nothing on the back seat. Dash is clear, any electronics are hard wired and hard mounted, no suction cups or vent mounts.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:32:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Lemme axe yu a question.

I just accidentally bought a whole peeled knuckle thinking it was a whole sirloin- I understand they're near each other. When I buy whole sirloins I typically break them down along the seam, cut into sirloin steaks, and the stuff I fuck up I cut into "steak tips".
Can I do the knuckle the same way? Typically I buy my whole sirloin when Costco has had it on sale, but this was at Food Bazaar and I was in a rush and didn't realize it wasn't their whole sirloin I've seen there b4.
View Quote

Knuckle is super lean. Also has a couple of sinew veins that run through the middle.  

If your looking at it from the flattish end you see something circular with a line splitting it then a triangular shape  to the right or left (depends on if it was a right leg or left).    

At work we cut straight across, make London broil, or split it and make roasts.   It's OK but not great.

Personally, I seam the whole thing.  Slice it thin across the grain, grain runs two different ways on this piece,  then make jerky or minute steaks, marinated satays. Etc.    Also makes great kabob , tar tar or carpaccio .

If you open it and it smells funny bring it back.  Knuckles tend to get cheesy smells for some reason.  

Top sirloin is much better cut.  The cap (it is NOT a tri tip but close, tri tip is what the peel from the knuckle) makes a great steak, similar to a strip.  

As for my unsecured implements of death, I'll live on the edge.

Trying to post a pic but I can't figure this out.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 1:15:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw a news story where a girl had her knees pushed into her face from the airbag. She's a little bit more than a vegetable now
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 3:50:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you a viking?

You spend too much time in GD and @leon82 spends too much time in HOTD

@cavgunner
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:58:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I saw a news story where a girl had her knees pushed into her face from the airbag. She's a little bit more than a vegetable now
View Quote

I saw a movie once where a young lady could put her ankles behind her ears- it was shocking to say the least
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:44:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I saw a movie once where a young lady could put her ankles behind her ears- it was shocking to say the least
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I seen plenty of those in my time
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:18:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have seen those too. Sometimes she also used vegetables.

I think the girl referred to is severely damaged from her knees crushing her skull. I read about one girl who was riding like this and her knees went into her eyes and she is blind and severely brain damaged. Might be the same girl. It has happened more than once.

Airbags are no joke. They use Ammonium Nitrate as the ignitor. Older ones used Sodium Azide.

Has anyone ever seen an airbag ignited?
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:24:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Well as long you not a stalker or only in FL

they also found a hatchet  ax in the car

I tried to run, but all I got is shot at
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:55:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 6:50:22 AM EDT
[#30]
My Mazda has those tekada airbag.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 9:14:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

What year Mazda?
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 9:45:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What year Mazda?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What year Mazda?

I got the temp recall done. I think the new one came in again. I need to find then letter
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 10:02:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I got the temp recall done. I think the new one came in again. I need to find then letter
View Quote

2004? Time for a new car anyway.

I don't understand why Takata is on the hook for old cars. I can see 2-3 year old ones but 13 year old cars. At what point do we cut off liability?

After this whole Takata debacle things will be WAY different, which by the way is FAR from over. NHTSA wants to expand this to another 75-80,000,000 cars. Considering 16 million cars was the peak of vehicle sales in this country this is insane.

One of the big differences is the manufacturers will go back to an expiration date on Airbags and pyrotechnic devices. Remember cars of the 80s and 90s? They had expiration dates. At this point you were told to replace your Airbags. Nobody did and the manufacturers did not push it and eventually removed those requirements. I would bet that you will see something like a 10-15 year replacement interval with a mileage cap of something like 150,000 miles. This way Takata and the auto manufacturers can cut liability exposure for old vehicles.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 1:36:48 PM EDT
[#34]

<edit - dildo pictures are not allowed here or in GD.... andrapos>

Use this. Then you can use the LGBT card to defend yourself incourt if they try to say it's a deadly weapon.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 4:42:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Lol in
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 4:53:34 PM EDT
[#36]
My newest car is a 1995.  None of my cars have airbags.  If I ever buy a car with airbags they will be removed.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
My newest car is a 1995.  None of my cars have airbags.  If I ever buy a car with airbags they will be removed.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 6:42:01 PM EDT
[#38]
The abs in my truck is horrible.

In the snow it adds about 300 feet to my stopping distance
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 9:16:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Had the ABS issues with my 04 ranger.   Any moisture in the air and the rear wheels lock up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top