Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2017 1:02:18 PM EDT
Will this be legal in our humble state and could it be used as a truck gun ? Would also make a good home protection gun !!! For between 370 to 450 I want one bad !!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 2:54:43 PM EDT
[#1]
As long as its OAL is greater than 30" I don't see why not.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 3:02:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As long as its OAL is greater than 30" I don't see why not.
View Quote

26 inches.

Illegal.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 5:19:29 PM EDT
[#3]
It is a pump action, so not illegal under CT law and not a SBS.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 5:20:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Just get sbs benelli
By the way... I can't hit shit with my sbs and slugs... I would be better off using it as a club
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 7:02:28 PM EDT
[#5]
It is 26.37 OAL with a 14" barrel straight from the factory. Holds 6 shots but with the mini shot shell adapter it holds I think 9 or 10 rounds  . For the price I will definitely get one and the other 2 they came out with need the tax stamp and are going around 8 to 9 hundred.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It is 26.37 OAL with a 14" barrel straight from the factory. Holds 6 shots but with the mini shot shell adapter it holds I think 9 or 10 rounds  . For the price I will definitely get one and the other 2 they came out with need the tax stamp and are going around 8 to 9 hundred.
View Quote

Can't you just buy a Mossberg 500 yourself, then order the Shockwave parts, cut the barrel yourself and assemble.

I looked into it and it would be way less money.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 7:40:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Can't you just buy a Mossberg 500 yourself, then order the Shockwave parts, cut the barrel yourself and assemble.

View Quote

Not sure if that can be done, may have to be made from a receiver that has never been made into a rifle/shotgun.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not sure if that can be done, may have to be made from a receiver that has never been made into a rifle/shotgun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Must be "other/firearm", virgin receiver.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:24:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

Virgin receiver.

ETA
Terrible thread read beat my ass by 2 hrs
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 1:09:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Mossberg has introduced the 590 Shockwave 12-gauge firearm. A non-NFA firearm, these transfer just like any Title 1 pistol, rifle, or shotgun. It features a 14? barrel and associated 590 front-end components as well as the Shockwave Technologies Raptor Grip for M500.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 1:25:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Shockwave is made on a 590 receiver and the best part you just buy it, take it out the box and play, no putting together from parts.  The other 2 are AOW's and need a 5 dollar tax stamp and paperwork.

The 590A1 Compact Cruiser AOW (51664) has a 10.25-inch heavy-walled, cylinder bore barrel with front bead sight; convenient cleanout mag tube with 3+1 capacity; metal trigger guard; metal safety button; and anodized aluminum receiver with Parkerized steel finishes.

The 500 Compact Cruiser AOW (51697) features a 7.5-inch cylinder bore barrel with front bead sight; 2+1 capacity; durable anodized finish on receiver; and Parkerized finish on barrel and mag tube. MSRP:  $910 – $980.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#12]
I handled one at Shot Show.  I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, but I need one.

Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:03:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:51:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Vehicle gun
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:10:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vehicle gun

Yes.

This !!! Was looking for a cheap SKS for this purpose but prices have gone way up on them. Plus I really do not need to add another caliber to the collection. (7.62x39)
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Any info on release date, and or where to get one?
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 2:38:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Other than a toy I don't understand the fascination with this Shockwave thing.  For a home defense shotgun I would, and do, have a semi-auto.  Even a coach gun would be better than a Shockwave.  Try firing that thing with one hand.  If one has something wrong (sprained, broken, shot, arm/hand/shoulder) they might not be able to fire this Shockwave thing let alone rack it.

My main home defense firearms are handguns and an AR with 30 rounds of JHP ammo in it.  I live out in the boonies.  The nearest house is over 1,000 feet away so I'm not too worried about hitting a "friendly".
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Other than a toy I don't understand the fascination with this Shockwave thing.  For a home defense shotgun I would, and do, have a semi-auto.  Even a coach gun would be better than a Shockwave.  Try firing that thing with one hand.  If one has something wrong (sprained, broken, shot, arm/hand/shoulder) they might not be able to fire this Shockwave thing let alone rack it.

My main home defense firearms are handguns and an AR with 30 rounds of JHP ammo in it.  I live out in the boonies.  The nearest house is over 1,000 feet away so I'm not too worried about hitting a "friendly".
View Quote

Because 'Merica.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 4:33:25 PM EDT
[#19]
I ordered one last week.  For me it will be a toy and vehicle gun.  Since it's not a "long gun", "rifle" or "shotgun' by definition - I believe it can be carried loaded in a vehicle if you have a pistol permit...
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 5:46:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It's not a pistol when the barrel is over 12"
View Quote

Great - no pistol permit needed!  But since it's not a long gun, then the long gun permit wouldn't apply either...

If I get bored with it down the road, I can always form 1 it and add a but stock
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 7:53:49 PM EDT
[#22]
If you want something useless and cool..
.i believe that is what you are looking for with this thread....

Serbu super shorty.

Make sure to get it built on a 870, since mossbergs suck
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 8:46:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Here is one for sale

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6145-wts-non-nfa-mossberg-500-with14-barrel/
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 1:14:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If you want something useless and cool..
.i believe that is what you are looking for with this thread....

Serbu super shorty.

Make sure to get it built on a 870, since mossbergs suck
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:01:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Called around and got different prices between 430 and 500 bucks. Stopped into my local LGS and he told me he has 8 of them coming in and he is selling them at 379.99 !!! Put my money down and now the wait begins, c'mon March !!!! I will also be ordering the adapter Mossberg came out with so this can feed mini shells reliably Heard from a friend that JoJo's is getting 10 in soon but he did not know the price they are going to sell it at.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 9:55:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Great - no pistol permit needed!  But since it's not a long gun, then the long gun permit wouldn't apply either...

If I get bored with it down the road, I can always form 1 it and add a but stock
View Quote

The long gun transfer procedure would apply to the transfer of a Mossberg Shockwave  because for that section, a long gun is defined as any firearm that is not a pistol or revolver.

No permit is required to transport or carry a firearm other than a pistol or revolver (i.e. firearm with a barrel less than 12" long).
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 7:28:41 AM EDT
[#27]
The owner of Greyson Guns, told me he has them coming in. So they are legal in CT.
Trying to explain that to the responding officer at 1 in the morning when you used it to defend yourself from a home invasion. Another story.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:32:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The owner of Greyson Guns, told me he has them coming in. So they are legal in CT.
Trying to explain that to the responding officer at 1 in the morning when you used it to defend yourself from a home invasion. Another story.
View Quote

2 things to remember when you defend yourself against a bad guy.
   1. Tell responding officer "I was in fear of my life"
   2. I'm not saying another word without my lawyer present.

Everything will get sorted out in the courts that the weapon was legal, now the shoot, that's a different story.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 12:43:54 PM EDT
[#29]
I want one.  

As stated above.

Why? Cause Merica.  

I'd hike/hunt with it.  I used to bring my Mossberg Persuader out for squirrels  

I don't care about the haters.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I want one.  

As stated above.

Why? Cause Merica.  

I'd hike/hunt with it.  I used to bring my Mossberg Persuader out for squirrels  

I don't care about the haters.
View Quote

I wonder if it would be a lawful hunting implement on public land, given that by definition it isn't a shotgun. (On most state land the permitted firearms for squirrel are shotguns and .22/.17 rimfire rifles and pistols, except for certain hunting areas (e.g. permit required) which are limited to shotguns)
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 8:18:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Called around and got different prices between 430 and 500 bucks. Stopped into my local LGS and he told me he has 8 of them coming in and he is selling them at 379.99 !!! Put my money down and now the wait begins, c'mon March !!!! I will also be ordering the adapter Mossberg came out with so this can feed mini shells reliably Heard from a friend that JoJo's is getting 10 in soon but he did not know the price they are going to sell it at.
View Quote
Care to share the name of the gun shop that you ordered from?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:17:31 AM EDT
[#32]
But the grip looks like a big dildo.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 3:39:30 AM EDT
[#33]
I made one from a Cruiser 500. Easy and inexpensive.
Check my Instagram for pics.  @j._gunz
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 8:36:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why is it always dildos.

I had a similar grip on a shotgun awhile back,  wrapped it in tennis racket grip tape and was the most comfortable pg shotgun I've ever shot.  Much better than the standard grip.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 7:40:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Why is it always dildos.

I had a similar grip on a shotgun awhile back,  wrapped it in tennis racket grip tape and was the most comfortable pg shotgun I've ever shot.  Much better than the standard grip.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is it always dildos.

CTHTF. It's always a dildo. You may not be aware of some of the awful weapons related dildo farces that have been perpetrated on this community.

Damn Wolcott Militia...
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:03:18 PM EDT
[#36]
I've never thought to wrap tenis racket tape on a dildo before.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:10:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

CTHTF. It's always a dildo. You may not be aware of some of the awful weapons related dildo farces that have been perpetrated on this community.

Damn Wolcott Militia...
View Quote

Probably not,  I live in a pretty tight bubble.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:41:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

The "Dildo" grip brings the firearm over 26" to conform with the ATF, a simple pistol grip does not...
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:53:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Real question is.........is the trigger guard metal or plastic?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:52:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Real question is.........is the trigger guard metal or plastic?
View Quote

Heard it was plastic but it is still not a deal breaker as you can simply get a metal trigger housing and swap it out
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 7:43:06 PM EDT
[#41]
I checked with my dealer tonight and he was told the March ship date was bumped out until June.  MSRP will be less than $400
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 10:45:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I checked with my dealer tonight and he was told the March ship date was bumped out until June.  MSRP will be less than $400
View Quote

There are a few already for sale on gun broker...........for ~$600
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only one there is 649.00 bidding or buy it now for 699.99 !!! That's one hell of a deal !!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top