Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2016 2:23:11 PM EDT
Any local availability of a Stoeger M3K semi auto shotgun?

Looking to pick one up before this weekend for a 3 gun match.

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 6:41:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

View Quote

This one........
Cabelas flyer
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:21:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, I wouldn't pay plug nickle for any Stoeger product.  Had one of their semiauto 12 gauge blow up in a duck blind (Luger Branded).  When I called them the next day they literally hung up on me saying they can't be responsible for how their project is used or what happens to it.  I then called Remington because that's what ammo we were using (Heavi-shot).  Remington asked to see everything, paid for pick up within 24 hours but only after making sure I was fine.  (I was but a bit shaken).  The called me 2 days later confirming it was their ammo that caused the problem and replace the shotgun with an 1187 premier and a bunch of fresh ammo. At that point, I became a Remington man.  Stoeger can pound sand.  I really was angry that they couldn't even ask it I had been injured.

Rome
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:28:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This one........
Cabelas flyer
<a href="http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/pirrosnet/media/Mobile%20Uploads/3896F9F4-AE80-42D8-85E0-8BB7BFE16EE3_zpsylmumnik.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff456/pirrosnet/Mobile%20Uploads/3896F9F4-AE80-42D8-85E0-8BB7BFE16EE3_zpsylmumnik.jpg</a>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This one........
Cabelas flyer
<a href="http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/pirrosnet/media/Mobile%20Uploads/3896F9F4-AE80-42D8-85E0-8BB7BFE16EE3_zpsylmumnik.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff456/pirrosnet/Mobile%20Uploads/3896F9F4-AE80-42D8-85E0-8BB7BFE16EE3_zpsylmumnik.jpg</a>

Thank you so much... going to check it out soon.. little worried because they show a m3k clearly in the picture, but list it as model 3000.. which is a bit different.  Either way, checkin' it out.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:30:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sorry, I wouldn't pay plug nickle for any Stoeger product.  Had one of their semiauto 12 gauge blow up in a duck blind (Luger Branded).  When I called them the next day they literally hung up on me saying they can't be responsible for how their project is used or what happens to it.  I then called Remington because that's what ammo we were using (Heavi-shot).  Remington asked to see everything, paid for pick up within 24 hours but only after making sure I was fine.  (I was but a bit shaken).  The called me 2 days later confirming it was their ammo that caused the problem and replace the shotgun with an 1187 premier and a bunch of fresh ammo. At that point, I became a Remington man.  Stoeger can pound sand.  I really was angry that they couldn't even ask it I had been injured.

Rome
View Quote

Lots of folks over in 3 gun talking about how they saw the 930 JM pro choke up and die during a match.  I'm glad it worked out for you, but glad to know that the Stoeger wasn't at fault.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 7:24:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Stoeger wasn't at fault but for goodness sakes, I just informed him that one of the shotguns they sold exploded in my hands.  I would hope that statement would elicit more than I got from them.  They are one of those groups that buy internationally and slap on labels they also buy, like Luger.  I bet you didn't know the Luger even made shotguns.   They don't.  It was just their lack of appreciation for my condition with their product that bothered me.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:14:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Lots of folks over in 3 gun talking about how they saw the 930 JM pro choke up and die during a match.  I'm glad it worked out for you, but glad to know that the Stoeger wasn't at fault.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Rome

I've seen a lot of JM Pro's choke at matches. Their quality control seems to be pretty bad. I'd look at a used Benelli M1 for 3 Gun. They're about as good as it gets and can be had for around $800.

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 2:36:28 PM EDT
[#7]
My buddy runs 5000 shells through his Bennelli every year in his trap league.  It's still snug and tight.

Rome
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 3:19:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll recommend the Beretta 1301 Comp. Unlikely that you'll find one in a local shop though. I got mine from Lanbos Armory for $1050 shipped. It eats anything.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 3:39:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'll recommend the Beretta 1301 Comp. Unlikely that you'll find one in a local shop though. I got mine from Lanbos Armory for $1050 shipped. It eats anything.
View Quote

The best semi shotgun going right now.  As you said, will eat anything.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 4:21:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fairfield county has these in stock.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:53:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

That looks awesome to be honest.. but I ended up going Stoeger for the $525.  While the Beretta looks amazing, it's exactly 2x the cost.  If the Stoeger gives me a bunch of headaches then I'll 'upgrade' over to the Beretta..

Likely I won't shoot enough 3 gun to get that heavily invested in the shotgun portion at least... I'm looking at doing it once a month around here.

If I move off to FL or TX and find a group that wants to shoot every weekend or every other weekend.. I'll put more coin into it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top