Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2016 6:38:43 PM EDT
So on April 3rd I put in an application for my pistol permit...It took them until  July 20th to call me in for an interview with the chief of police (because of an arrest on my record years ago that would not disqualify me for my permit)...During this interview I was told that I would most likely be receiving my permit and to type up a summary of what happened during that arrest. I handed this in the very next day directly to the chief and was told that I would be hearing from them "very soon".  Well here we are 27 weeks after I submitted my application and I have heard nothing.  I call the station every now and then to check and always get the same response - "your application is still in the review process." Anyways I was talking to a friend earlier today and come to find out the chief is retiring on the 20th of this month...so now I am figuring he has been putting this off for the new chief to deal with which in my opinion is unfair to me. What if the new chief has something to prove and denies me for reasons the current chief wouldn't have?  Anyone else had any similar situations? Any advice on what I should do?
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 7:03:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I did actually send an email to the board, although it was before I found out the chief was retiring...not sure if that would even make a difference to them or not though
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#3]
And i just e mailed CT carry...hopefully something will happen...I've just been sitting in limbo for far too long with this
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 10:34:05 PM EDT
[#4]
What was your original arrest for and disposition ?
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 12:13:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a failure to appear On my record.  Even if it were something worse they could have just said no and denied me...I'm still eligible for my pistol and revolver eligibility cert. And I would just get that if it really came down to it...but  to just not give me any kind of answer is a bit upsetting.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 8:16:58 AM EDT
[#6]
You should have posted prior to writing an explanatory letter...would have advised against it and said just go to board.

From the hip...go get a C&R FFL just because.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 1:20:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I just called and asked to talk to the chief...The dispatcher asked who was calling and when I told him he told me to hold on, and then came back to say the chief was busy...so I left him a message (again) detailing how I've been waiting 7 months and that I should have had an answer no longer than a week after he got my background check and that if there was some kind of delay that I should have been notified in writing of the reason for the delay...I think I am honestly fighting a loosing battle here...This guy is leaving on the 20th and just doesn't care...I've contacted Rich at CT carry and and I'm the process of filing an appeal with the BFPE so hopefully something will come of it...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top