Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2016 7:21:16 PM EDT
Hartford, shocker.

Convicted felon, walking around with it.    I wonder who he was about to end.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Hartford-Police-Responding-to-Report-of-Assault-Weapon-Arrest-2-Suspects-394602571.html
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 8:04:16 PM EDT
[#1]
What the heck is that! Looks like haji made.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 8:19:04 PM EDT
[#2]
The news said BUSHMASTER.    Then again, they probably think all "assault rifles" are BUSHMASTERS.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Bushmaster ARM Pistol - It's a Pre-Ban.

https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=43&t=369196

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 8:59:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Need more gun laws.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:35:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I have no issue with arresting bad people, doing bad things.  If guilty, throw the book at them.  Just wish I had found that Bushmaster pistol before he did.  Ugly little beast, but interesting.  Kind of a forearm Bullpup, before Bullpups were cool!
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:39:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:05:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Interesting gun.

I assume that was one of Obama's sons?
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:45:08 PM EDT
[#8]
That pre-ban bullpup would have sold for over $1K in the EE!
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:32:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Aaaaaaannnnnddddddd we're fucked. Malloy n' the dummycrats are going to ban these next.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:00:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bushmaster ARM Pistol - It's a Pre-Ban.

View Quote

Yep.  That's pre ban as fuck.  

They made them for USAF pilots, idea was they would be part of the gear they eject with. Some were FA.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:23:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, there's a nice gun destined for the bandsaw.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:33:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Interesting to see if there will be a try at a charge for unregistered assault weapon.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:48:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Interesting to see if there will be a try at a charge for unregistered assault weapon.
View Quote

how though?  pre 1994 is legal so.........  just adding charges to get the headlines then drop them later?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:06:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
how though?  pre 1994 is legal so.........  just adding charges to get the headlines then drop them later?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We all know it's legal but the DA that will be charging this guy might be ignorant and want to include it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:03:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
We all know it's legal but the DA that will be charging this guy might be ignorant and want to include it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I only see this going one way if charges are brought:

DA brings charges of an "unregistered assault weapon" and charges get dropped because prebans are legal. The unknowing masses call for more legislation because evil assault weapons hurt people's feelz and kill babby's.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:27:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I GUARANTEE the DA will not bring any gun charges.  You heard it here first.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:55:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:57:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Is this the right time to use ??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I GUARANTEE the DA will not bring any gun charges.  You heard it here first.

Is this the right time to use ??

So convicted felon with gun will not be brought up on gun charges and this is good?
Time for the dancing banana?
I am so lost at this point I am going fishing! Next we will celebrate Hilary's victory
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:17:36 PM EDT
[#19]
OK. Because I like you guys I'll give you the inside scoop.

He will not be charged by the DA because ....and this is for about the 100th time here....WE DONT HAVE DAs in CT. We have states attonreys. Told you I guaranteed it.  I know, that's kind of cruel. But words matter.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:04:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

He will not be charged by the DA because ....and this is for about the 100th time here....WE DONT HAVE DAs in CT. We have states attonreys. Told you I guaranteed it.  I know, that's kind of cruel. But words matter.
View Quote

"Words matter". Written like a true lawyer.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:52:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

A joke that only you got...now that's funny
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:11:56 PM EDT
[#23]
According to the ct dept of justice case look up he was charged with the gun charges..... Including an unregistered AW.  But I thought Pre bans didn't have to be registered?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:15:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I was hoping more people would take the bait and lose it.  I guess I have to settle for just you. Another time maybe.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So convicted felon with gun will not be brought up on gun charges and this is good?
View Quote

I didn't see anything about being a felon.
Is there another article?

Conn, how/why do you get charged with something that's not a crime?
I could see if they had nothing else, but...
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:37:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yeah, I was hoping more people would take the bait and lose it.  I guess I have to settle for just you. Another time maybe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

my reply was to andropos......... so who took the bait? He was kissing your ass and I questioned him....and then you stepped in, so who took the bait?
if your trolling ........thats ok i guess, troll on brother , troll on!
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:39:55 PM EDT
[#27]
I got it after he explained it
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:21:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

my reply was to andropos......... so who took the bait? He was kissing your ass and I questioned him....and then you stepped in, so who took the bait?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mr. Moderator is my olive oil dealer.  How he was "kissing my ass" I have no idea. I leave that to you. But given the quality of his EVOO, if there's any ass kissing to be done, it's by me.  His oil is awesome.

You mentioning troll is the funniest thing I have heard in awhile.  I bow to the master as I am but a pale imitation . No homo!!!!

ps, I appreciate you thought of me about that SS but I need a 62, my birth year.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:41:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The criminal possession of a firearm charge would indicate that he is (allegedly) prohibited from possessing a firearm- either because of convicted felon status, history of disqualifying misdemeanor, history of SJO conviction, subject to qualifying protective/restraining order, or specified psych history (not guilty by mental disease/defect, probate court committal, voluntary inpatient hospitalization-- within the respective time frames)   [I'm surprised that they didn't go for criminal possession of a pistol/revolver on that and also carrying a pistol without a permit and weapon in a motor vehicle- even if they wanted to make the claim the the Bushmaster in question was designed or redesigned to be fired from the shoulder, it should by barrel length meet the statutory definition of a pistol]

Possession of an assault weapon is generally a crime in Connecticut, unless the assault weapon was lawfully possessed before a certain date AND registered on a certificate of possession, is possessed by an exempted person, or was possessed by an exempted person and registered on a certificate of possession as required/permitted. There is an exemption to the registration requirement for certain assault weapons lawfully possessed prior to 13 September 1994. Presumably a police officer could fairly easily establish probably cause (for the purpose of making an arrest) that the the defendant possessed the firearm in question and that the firearm is an assault weapon. That's why they made the arrest. Typically, in Connecticut, the burden of proof when an exemption is raised is upon the criminal defendant who must prove applicability of the exemption he is claiming by preponderance of the evidence.

Of course, the assault weapon charge is not the top count.....
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:41:57 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

According to the ct dept of justice case look up he was charged with the gun charges..... Including an unregistered AW.  But I thought Pre bans didn't have to be registered?
View Quote
Called it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:41:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Mr. Moderator is my olive oil dealer.  How he was "kissing my ass" I have no idea. I leave that to you. But given the quality of his EVOO, if there's any ass kissing to be done, it's by me.  His oil is awesome.

You mentioning troll is the funniest thing I have heard in awhile.  I bow to the master as I am but a pale imitation . No homo!!!!

ps, I appreciate you thought of me about that SS but I need a 62, my birth year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's pretty ghey bro
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:45:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The criminal possession of a firearm charge would indicate that he is (allegedly) prohibited from possessing a firearm- either because of convicted felon status, history of disqualifying misdemeanor, history of SJO conviction, subject to qualifying protective/restraining order, or specified psych history (not guilty by mental disease/defect, probate court committal, voluntary inpatient hospitalization-- within the respective time frames)   [I'm surprised that they didn't go for criminal possession of a pistol/revolver on that and also carrying a pistol without a permit and weapon in a motor vehicle- even if they wanted to make the claim the the Bushmaster in question was designed or redesigned to be fired from the shoulder, it should by barrel length meet the statutory definition of a pistol]
So "criminal possession" for various reasons, most of which have nothing to do w/ being a felon?

Typically, in Connecticut, the burden of proof is upon the criminal defendant
You want burden? State v. Holle

Of course, the assault weapon charge is not the top count....
Yeah, that "possession of a large-capacity magazine" is really gonna set him back
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:17:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rabble! Rabble rabble!
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:12:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:13:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:52:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Nutter. Your seemingly endless infatuation with gayness.  Anything and everything is gay to you.  

I like Andropos' family olive oil.  It is extra virgin, hence EVOO.  But he's kissing my ass for being a friend and I'm gay for liking it.  I want a 1962 Impala SS because that is my birth year.  But that's gay too.  I even thanked you for thinking of me with the 64.   Oh well.  

Is there something you want to say?  You can come out.  It's OK.  It's Connecticut.  Everything is acceptable.  We don't judge.  

I'll let you run with this for awhile but then you should probably turn your infatuation elsewhere.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:59:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So "criminal possession" for various reasons, most of which have nothing to do w/ being a felon?

Typically, in Connecticut, the burden of proof is upon the criminal defendant
You want burden? State v. Holle

Of course, the assault weapon charge is not the top count....
Yeah, that "possession of a large-capacity magazine" is really gonna set him back

Holle is a state appellate case from Arizona. It has no real meaning in Connecticut. In Connecticut, claiming an exemption is to raise an affirmative defense. In Connecticut, the criminal defendant has the burden of proving a raised affirmative defense by perponderence of the evidence. The state is not responsible for disproving each exemption that could potentially be applicable. One of the many Connecticut State Supreme Court cases upholding the constitutionality of that is state v. Constance Andersen (2001, SC16437), in which the State Supreme Court upheld conviction of Andersen who was convicted of a securities registration violation. The primary issue Andersen raised to the Supreme Court, among others, was a contention that, " because the trial court shifted the burden to her to prove that the securities or transactions were
exempt, she was denied her constitutional right to due process under the fourteenth amendment to the United States constitution and article first, § 8, of the Connecticut constitution" The court disgreed, concluding,
"Accordingly, we conclude that the existence and
applicability of an exemption does not ‘‘serve to negate
any essential element of the crime which the state has
the burden of proving beyond a reasonable doubt in
order to convict’’; State v. Arroyo, supra, 181 Conn. 430;
and that requiring the defendant to bear the burden of
proof, by a preponderance of the evidence, with respect
to the affirmative defense of an exemption from registration
does not violate the defendant’s right to due
process under the fourteenth amendment to the United
States constitution. Patterson v. New York, supra, 432
U.S. 210; State v. Valinski, supra, 254 Conn. 131; State
v. Arroyo, supra, 430.24"

The principle that affirmative defenses require the defendant to prove applicability is clearly spelled out in the penal law. Additionally, the statute considers that an exception to a generally applicable law is an affirmaitive defense even if it is not identified as one in the text of the statute (like the affirmative defense raised in Andersen was. Refer to 53a-12(b).

If the court does not find that there is sufficient evidence that would allow a "rational juror to find that all the elements of the defense are established by a preponderance of the evidence" then the defendant may not even be entitled for the jury to be instructed about the affirmative defense. (State v. Person) (1996)

Top count would be Criminal Possession of a Firearm, which is a Class C felony  (10 year max, enhanced via PA 13-3 from previously being a D felony) and which carries a  two year mandatory minimum which can not be suspended or reduced. It also carries a mandatory $5000 fine, which can only be reduced if the court puts reason for such reduction on record.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:58:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Nutter. Your seemingly endless infatuation with gayness.  Anything and everything is gay to you.  

I like Andropos' family olive oil.  It is extra virgin, hence EVOO.  But he's kissing my ass for being a friend and I'm gay for liking it.  I want a 1962 Impala SS because that is my birth year.  But that's gay too.  I even thanked you for thinking of me with the 64.   Oh well.  

Is there something you want to say?  You can come out.  It's OK.  It's Connecticut.  Everything is acceptable.  We don't judge.  

I'll let you run with this for awhile but then you should probably turn your infatuation elsewhere.
View Quote

Your weird and ghey evoo rant was ... Just weird an ghey
Carry on sir
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top