Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2016 4:24:12 PM EDT
Is it Lockheed reaching a deal with Malloy, or more likely Malloy begging Lockheed with money to keep Sikorski here?

Lockheed Martin reaches deal with Malloy administration to keep Sikorsky HQ in Stratford
http://www.ctguntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=44796.new#new
Pending legislative and union approval, the deal will keep Sikorsky Aircraft in Connecticut until 2032.

Under the deal, Sikorsky will build nearly 200 CH-53K King Stallion Helicopters in Connecticut for the United States Navy until at least 2032. Lockheed Martin has considered numerous states for production of the CH-53K.

The terms of the agreement specify that Lockheed Martin will;

Keep the Sikorsky headquarters in the state and maintain Connecticut as a primary production facility for its government based helicopter business;
   Retain and grow its full time employment in Connecticut to more than 8,000 by the end of year 14;
   Nearly double its spending of $350 million per year with local Connecticut suppliers throughout the state;
   Increase its capital spending for machinery and equipment by 22 percent.

The State of Connecticut will provide financial incentives totaling up to $220 million in exchange. Governor Malloy touted the significance of the deal in a statement Tuesday afternoon.

“This proposal represents a landmark victory not only for the 8,000 workers at Sikorsky/Lockheed Martin but for the small businesses, machine shops and workers across the entire supply chain,” said State Senator Martin Looney (D-New Haven.) “Hundreds of suppliers throughout the state will benefit from a strong Sikorsky/Lockheed Martin partnership with the State of Connecticut, and that means keeping good-paying jobs here in Connecticut for today’s workforce and tomorrow’s graduates.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 5:04:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice to keep them here but now that dickhead is going to pat himself on his back about it.   Fuck him
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 5:12:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nice to keep them here but now that dickhead is going to pat himself on his back about it.   Fuck him
View Quote

Yes this, but very glad to hear they're staying.

FDM

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yes this, but very glad to hear their staying.

FDM

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes this, but very glad to hear their staying.

FDM

Same.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:11:09 PM EDT
[#4]
well that sucks, i was looking forward to that place getting shut down and going the way of GE.  the stratford plant could lay off 50% of the union employees and still meet the current production times.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:22:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

well that sucks, i was looking forward to that place getting shut down and going the way of GM.  the stratford plant could lay off 50% of the union employees and still meet the current production times.
View Quote

And you think the extra money they save would be put back into this state?

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 5:22:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I used to work with a guy who would punch in and immediately sit on the shitter for 45 min.

He works there now, he is their model employee
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 6:53:43 AM EDT
[#7]
good news .

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 8:54:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I used to work with a guy who would punch in and immediately sit on the shitter for 45 min.

View Quote

Probably making a 6 figure salary too

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 8:58:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

pretty common to see mechanics on the floor making well over 100k . there is a reason why the 53k costs 120 mil a piece
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:50:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's crazy that they have time for the 45 minute bathroom sessions between the stretching exercises, break time,lunch time,nap times and cigarette breaks.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:54:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It's crazy that they have time for the 45 minute bathroom sessions between the stretching exercises, break time,lunch time,nap times and cigarette breaks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hah this, but those guys live in CT and spend money here. I'm not worried about where that money is going. If they cut the union workers and the company saves money, it wouldn't end up here in CT, the share holders would just buy a bigger yacht.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hah this, but those guys live in CT and spend money here. I'm not worried about where that money is going. If they cut the union workers and the company saves money, it wouldn't end up here in CT, the share holders would just buy a bigger yacht.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

overpaid workers directly effect our taxes. its worse then most think
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 4:57:39 PM EDT
[#13]
It's Lockmart. They were probably planning on staying anyway to hedge their influence in Congress on our reps. There's a reason big defense contractors have locations all over the US. Nothing makes a congressman jump like the threat of closing a facility.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:33:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
well that sucks, i was looking forward to that place getting shut down and going the way of GM.  the stratford plant could lay off 50% of the union employees and still meet the current production times.

Hahahaha.  Of course it wouldn't.  That's the point.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:39:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

pretty common to see mechanics on the floor making well over 100k . there is a reason why the 53k costs 120 mil a piece
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used to take 2 or 3 30+ min shits a day some times.  2nd shift doesn't even have to really look busy, I was doing R&D stuff on the 53k for a few years which was a joke.  If they got out of CT and went south they could make the 53k for like 50nil a peace.  It's a joke.  The Blackhawk air frames that are made in Poland look amazing and done correctly.  The airframes made state side by union guys look like blind monkeys did the work.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:14:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I used to take 2 or 3 30+ min shits a day some times.  2nd shift doesn't even have to really look busy, I was doing R&D stuff on the 53k for a few years which was a joke.  If they got out of CT and went south they could make the 53k for like 50nil a peace.  It's a joke.  The Blackhawk air frames that are made in Poland look amazing and done correctly.  The airframes made state side by union guys look like blind monkeys did the work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

53k air frames are made in Wichita and will probably continue that way even in full production
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:04:21 PM EDT
[#17]
FDM
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:29:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had heard they rework every tail section because its easier than doing it right and re certifying it or some weird shit like that
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 2:15:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

53k air frames are made in Wichita and will probably continue that way even in full production
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I meant the Blackhawk frames.  I know the 53k is all carbon and made in a special massive oven.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 2:19:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like you are part of the problem.  Either that or you have a serious intestinal issue.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 2:53:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Sounds like you are part of the problem.  Either that or you have a serious intestinal issue.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 3:09:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hahaha no, I wasn't actually shitting, just hiding in the bathroom, or long lunches with snack time I between.  Not because we were hiding from work but because we didn't have any. First shift would tell us to not do things so they could come in Saturday and Sunday for OT or double time.  And I wasn't even with the union section, we were all contractors or non Union Sikorsky guys.  Great area to work in and I liked it, just too many old timers who were lazy and scammed the company.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:02:56 PM EDT
[#23]

This stuff is why manufacturing is moving overseas. The typical American factory worker was a high school grad or dropout, making mid six figures and was 50% or less productive. At some point the unions got greedy and management found workers willing to work.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:26:17 PM EDT
[#24]
ITT we learn...

Marines like snacks...

And Bikerman knows secret squirrel stuff. He must be water boarded to extract information.

Fir the chirren.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 6:53:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I meant the Blackhawk frames.  I know the 53k is all carbon and made in a special massive oven.  
View Quote

autoclave
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:53:40 AM EDT
[#26]
this is one of the Wichita claves, im not sure if i saw this exact one or not but they have acres if these. this is a small one

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:27:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Of course the legislature has to approve of the deal.  Mostly democrats brought into special session.  

Malloy is spending money he doesn't have.  We're billions in debt budget to budget but he's out there thrown rubber checks around for millions that will have to come from some place else. " Where?" one might ask.  

So, tax reductions and incentives will keep Sikorsky here? Hmmmm.........maybe the Malloy adminstration might want to rethink their tax policy on small businesses that employ many more people than just Sikorsky.  But, no, that won't happen.  

Rome
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#28]
^^^^ EXACTLY ^^^^
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 7:35:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Not surprisingly the legislature approved the deal.

Connecticut General Assembly approves deal to keep Sikorsky Aircraft in Stratford
http://wtnh.com/2016/09/28/connecticut-lawmakers-debate-deal-to-keep-sikorsky-aircraft/

The Democratic-controlled Senate voted 35-1 in favor of the agreement recently reached between Sikorsky, Democratic Gov. Dannel P. Malloy’s administration and Sikorsky’s new owner, Maryland-based Lockheed Martin. The House, also controlled by Democrats, passed the deal with a 136-6 vote.

A separate agreement with unionized Sikorsky workers still must be ratified.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top