Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2016 11:13:30 AM EDT
Drugs, gangs, money woman? Take your pick. Police think two possible shooters.

13 Shot Overnight In Bridgeport, One Critically Injured
http://www.courant.com/breaking-news/hc-bridgeport-shooting-0822-20160821-story.html
Thirteen people were shot overnight at a house party on Plymouth Street, city officials said. One woman remains in critical condition.

Officers were called to 19 Plymouth St. about 1:30 a.m. Sunday when after learning that shots had been fired there, police said.

When they arrived, they some of the victims, who were taken by ambulance to Bridgeport Hospital. Police said the rest of the victims had been driven to both St. Vincent Hospital and Bridgeport Hospital by private vehicles.

Police said the evidence was pointing to at least two shooters, hiding in the hedges, opening fire on the people in the back of home.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 4:25:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Apparently the people throwing the party applied for a permit with local police but were denied because they wanted to charge money for booze. Supposedly at least 10 shell casings were found and police belive upwards of 100 people were attending the party.

Not surprisingly the usual call for more anti gun laws was made by the usual suspects.

13 people injured in Bridgeport shooting
http://www.wfsb.com/story/32806202/13-people-injured-in-bridgeport-shooting
U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal said the shooting was "more trauma, more tragedy."

"Every day more Americans are injured or killed by a bullet is more graphic evidence-unwelcome and unwanted-of the urgent need for common sense gun violence prevention measures. Congress is complicit in this scourge by its inexcusable inaction. The victims in Bridgeport are among tens of thousands of shooting casualties every year. No one is immune to this public health crisis as it rips apart communities near and far," Blumenthal said in a statement on Sunday.

U.S. Sen. Chris Murphy said the news of shooting in Bridgeport was "infuriating."

"I'm simply unable to contemplate the evil behind such contempt for human life. I'm overwhelmingly grateful that surprisingly no lives were lost. I thank Bridgeport's first responders and emergency services for their outstanding professionalism and effectiveness in times of crisis. I stand with the people of Bridgeport and local law enforcement as they investigate this attempted mass murder and bring the perpetrators to justice.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:08:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw Sen. Dick at the back of the press conference and could just see him thinking how he was going to blame the NRA and common sense blah blah blah.  

Who thinks the firearms used were bought lawfully by the perpetrators?
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#3]
My feeling is a house full of illegals and a few illegal guns,  not one law bidding person in the hole place.  I'm not saying everyone at the party was a bad person just not here legally.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Brought to justice, are you f'n kidding me?  Will they be swiftly prosecuted with no plea bargains, serve the full 5, 10 15, year terms with no early release, pay the thousands of dollars in fines?  Be kept off the streets and act as a deterrent to other thugs, drug dealers, gangbangers and underage youth?  

I, and I'm sure many of the rest of us am so sick and tired of being blamed for this crap.  Public health crisis my ass.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#5]
G A N G S
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:20:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
G A N G S
View Quote

Gangs of NRA members?
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:35:59 AM EDT
[#7]
What are the chances one of these 13 people were not at work today?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:00:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Gangs of NRA members?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
G A N G S

Gangs of NRA members?

Yea right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top