Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 4:20:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like we're just waiting on one person to join. Who is it?

Everybody good with drafting this Saturday at 4pm? It'll be an online draft, I won't be able to meet up. Everybody will either need to be able to draft on a computer or on their phone (Yahoo App).
View Quote

Rgr that.  Sounds good.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 6:09:46 PM EDT
[#2]
4:00 sounds good
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 6:39:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll make it work.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 7:42:19 PM EDT
[#4]
4 or auto draft. Sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 8:43:42 PM EDT
[#5]
We need another guy to make 8 unless someone didn't register yet.

TEAM MRAP
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:20:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

TEAM MRAP
View Quote

I think we're waiting on 98cobra to register.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:30:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TEAM MRAP

Of course we are.  He makes MOPARs seem reliable.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 5:03:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok, everyone has joined, all scoring rules have been set, and the draft day/time is locked in.

We can still take two more guys, if anyone is on the fence, just jump in. Its a single Pmag and it'll be a good time. Hell, maybe you'll even win a bunch of Pmags!

Make sure you have all reviewed the scoring settings. All missed kicks are penalized, QBs only get 1 point per 25 yards passing, and 4 for a touchdown. This is significantly less than the Yahoo standard of 1 point per 10 yards and 6 per passing TD. QBs will still get 1 point per ten yards rushing and a full 6 points for rushing TD's.

Pick sixes and fumble sixes are -7 points against the person who threw the interception or fumbled.

There are return yards for kick returns, but it is 20 yards to 1 point.

Theres a handful of other ones, be sure to check it out.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 9:29:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Dang Zen, like running QBs much? that scoring is heavily slanted toward running QB and hurts middle of the road AN, the top 2-3 passers might still be ok. Glad I read this post before 4 today.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 10:02:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Dang Zen, like running QBs much? that scoring is heavily slanted toward running QB and hurts middle of the road AN, the top 2-3 passers might still be ok. Glad I read this post before 4 today.
View Quote

Thats why Ive told everybody to review them right from the start. It is NOT Yahoo standard scoring. I mimic the rules from my main league, which has been going for 7 years. Its been years of tinkering with scoring to try and keep each position levelly scored with the others.

Those QB rushing stats are the standard for Yahoo, we just cut back on the Standard passing points because standard scoring runs the top 5 QB scores up to 40-50+ points per week (~50% of an average weekly score). Its ridiculous.  The only reasons we didn't cut back on the QB rushing score settings is because; 1) they are exposing themselves to the risk that comes with becoming a runner, and, 2) if we were cutting back on QB rushing we'd have to cut back on RB rushing scoring, too. A rush is a rush, regardless who is holding the ball.

So it doesn't so much favor rushing QB's, it just doesn't so heavily reward QBs for doing their intended job. And since QBs are the only ones who routinely throw the ball, its easy enough to cut back on passing yards without handicapping other positions. Otherwise, you'd see those top 5 QBs running away with the scoring every week, and there is no chance for anybody without those 5 QBs to beat them.

This is offset slightly by the yardage bonuses. If the QB hits those big milestones they earn an extra couple points.

Average scores should land 120-130 (Im guessing because we never had an 8 team league, and our ten team usually averages 110-120). Thats not to say people won't have 150+ point weeks, its just hard to do consistently.

ETA: I actually don't like rushing QB's. QBs are not meant to get hit like an RB. I love a QB that can scramble in pickle, but not one who intends to run every possession. They don't last. QB's also lose points for getting sacked, fumbling, throwing pics, and the yardage works the same way for rushing. If they get tackled for a 5 yard loss, they lose 0.5 points. So gaining those rushing yards can come at a cost.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 10:12:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Heres last years QB scoring with the exact same scoring settings. Only 2 rushing QBs in the top ten.

Link Posted: 9/3/2016 1:23:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I totally agree that QBs get way too many points on avg compared to other positional players. We are saying the same thing in different ways about this being unfavorable for the typical QB. I am all for the change and I was just getting the ball busting in early. Think of it as some presnap gamesmanship. Rock and roll.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 4:52:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Excellent job.  45 minutes for the whole draft is a record.  In person would have been tremendously slower with the eating, drinking and ragging.  But much more fun.  Thanks Zerg for your efforts .  To save time, you can just mail your P-mags to me now.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 4:56:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Excellent job.  45 minutes for the whole draft is a record.  In person would have been tremendously slower with the eating, drinking and ragging.  But much more fun.  Thanks Zerg for your efforts .  To save time, you can just mail your P-mags to me now.
View Quote

Taking defense in the 8th. A sure key to success!
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 4:57:13 PM EDT
[#15]
It was great. Fast, which helped me a lot. Great job Zeg.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 5:13:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends when you fill the other positions.  Mine were full, next was D. And I didn't take it first.  Also, please get me a black P-Mag.  I'm not a FDE guy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Good draft guys. Yea, the speed was nice. 8 guys and a couple autodrafters helps speed it up big time.

We'll have to get together for some Sunday games!
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 8:50:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Got tied up, checked the time and it was after 6pm.   Guess I should check to see who I drafted.  ??
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 8:53:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Got tied up, checked the time and it was after 6pm.   Guess I should check to see who I drafted.  ??
View Quote

Can't be worse than half the guys who did draft hahaha

I kid, I kid

Link Posted: 9/4/2016 12:35:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Robo draft for me. I had no service for it in Vermont.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 4:11:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

And you got ranked best draft. Sounds like a great weekend, where'd you guys go?
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 9:50:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

And you got ranked best draft. Sounds like a great weekend, where'd you guys go?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sweet! The only pick I was able to actually pick was my TE.

We took our motorcycles up Mount Equinox in Shaftesbury VT. We had a great time.Stopped in Bennington at Madison Brewing Co. For dinner. By the time we pulled into our yard it was 1130 pm. Both of our asses were dragging this morning.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 8:34:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Forgot about the time of the draft. Was in the land of no cell phone reception
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 5:18:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Did I win my matchup this past weekend?
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 12:26:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Just a heads up. The season starts tonight  and in looking over some rosters , some of you are starting injured or inactive players.  You might want to check that.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 3:23:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just a heads up. The season starts tonight  and in looking over some rosters , some of you are starting injured or inactive players.  You might want to check that.
View Quote

Well look at you bein the courteous courier
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 10:46:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Looks like my Gronk/Eifert strategy is about to backfire for week 1. Oops.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 7:34:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ouch

Lucky for you this years TE pool is much deeper than normal. I mean, you're not going to be able to replace Gronk, but theres plenty of other quality guys available.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 10:54:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Starting a single defensive player is so strange to me lol. I keep freaking out that I didn't put in my WR3 then realize I don't have one.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 3:03:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Ouch

Lucky for you this years TE pool is much deeper than normal. I mean, you're not going to be able to replace Gronk, but theres plenty of other quality guys available.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ouch

Unfortunately nobody I was willing to drop to get. One week bump at TE. I'll roll with the goose egg and hope Gronk gets on track next week.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 3:35:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Starting a single defensive player is so strange to me lol. I keep freaking out that I didn't put in my WR3 then realize I don't have one.
View Quote

been playing fantasy football for 15+ years and have never used a single defensive player either.

I kinda like the idea, but I would have liked to draft knowing that.  ( I got tied up and had to auto draft)
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 4:33:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Unfortunately nobody I was willing to drop to get. One week bump at TE. I'll roll with the goose egg and hope Gronk gets on track next week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ouch

Doesn't look like you have anything to worry about
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#33]
I think the rest of my team can muster up 24 points.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 8:22:25 PM EDT
[#34]
I call unfair teams I want to repick
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 9:27:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Who is team get both?
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 7:01:19 AM EDT
[#36]
anyone want a package deal on AP and Freeman? They combined for 7 points lol. Fantasy football makes me laugh every year and every year I come back. WTF is wrong with me. Here are some real nice score out there this week fellas with Monday still to go, nicely done.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 2:03:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
anyone want a package deal on AP and Freeman? They combined for 7 points lol. Fantasy football makes me laugh every year and every year I come back. WTF is wrong with me. Here are some real nice score out there this week fellas with Monday still to go, nicely done.
View Quote

Hahah nicely summed up, I concur!
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Who is team get both?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 6:18:44 PM EDT
[#39]
My team seems to be doing ok this week.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 11:17:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Well, that's a pretty good start for a Thursday.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 1:08:09 AM EDT
[#41]
My F#*king Bills
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 6:44:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Holy shit great start.

Can everyone post their team names for those who don't know? I'm Eli's face.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 7:25:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:28:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Holy shit great start.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit great start.

Team MRAP
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Magtax man
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Team Glock #1
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 4:18:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Muh Rights
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 6:53:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 7:19:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Get Both
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm kicking ass in ESPN Pigskin Pickem, does that count?  .  I jumped over 500 places with the Jets win last night, hoping to hit the top 10 this week. If the Colts had held on for another minute or two of game time if already be up there

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx78/Andrapos/IMG_20160916_184851_zpsdq3vryca.jpg
View Quote

That's actually pretty impressive. Did you join the one in GD, too, or is that some lame non-ARF group?
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top