Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2016 8:37:20 PM EDT
Wow this looks good....I've been waiting for a trailer for this movie for a long time.   I'm a big fan of Mel Gibson, and it's been 10 years since his last movie.
If anyone wants to embed it that would help!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sslCRVx7nPQ

Desmond T Doss is the medic, check out his bio, pretty unbelievable guy.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:43:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I almost never make it a point to see a movie but this looks like it could be one of those.

I think "We Were Soldiers" is one of my top 10 and "The Pacific" is up in the top 20. This looks like a cross between the two.

Besides that, being it's based on a true story, I'd likely see it just to pay homage to the man it is about.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:54:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:07:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks good I'll see it at home,  I refuse to go to the movies
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:09:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks good I'll see it at home,  I refuse to go to the movies
View Quote

I only go to theaters for certain movies, it too damn expensive now.... This one I may have to see in theaters though.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:34:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't go to the movies for several reasons.

They are gross.

I am too cheap to spend the money when I can see it at home for free.

Mainly I do not like to give my money to a bunch of liberal assholes.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:56:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't go to the movies for several reasons.

They are gross.

I am too cheap to spend the money when I can see it at home for free.

Mainly I do not like to give my money to a bunch of liberal assholes.
View Quote

This plus

Beer is cheaper at my house

I can pee when I want

I can shoot back if someone starts shooting at me
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:24:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I like going to the movies. The Plainville Lowes theater has reclining pleather seats withe the arm thingy that goes up. My wife really likes it, and she insists that I pack heavy and roll dirty... Lights, full size guns, extra mags. We went to see a movie on vacation a few weeks back (in RI, no reciprocity) and she said she doesn't like it as much when I'm not her personal armed security. It's a nice outing for us when we can find the time and the sitter. It is expensive though. Just went to see the new Star Trek and are planning to see a few others coming out soon.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:43:08 PM EDT
[#8]
If you can get to the movies before 6pm it cost only 5 bucks !! Bring your own drink and snack in your cargo shorts, winning !!! Southington has the reclining seats also
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:41:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Didn't mean for the thread to talk about whether we go to the movies or not.  Just wanted to show that non liberal(Mel Gibson) made what looks to be another fantastic movie about a guy who did some incredible things, that without this movie most people would never have known about.

Gibsons' movies actually usually piss off liberal Hollywood,  and he is not funded by them.

Also figured the subject would be interesting to most here.

I'll add that I probably won't see this in theaters either.  I just don't like going anymore for the reasons mentioned above, but again, that's not what I intended the thread to be about.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:51:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for posting this, I will see it, not sure where, but will see it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:22:49 AM EDT
[#11]
In one seen it looks like he is Spidermaning a grenade.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top