Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2016 9:18:05 PM EDT
I did a search and I only found one thread with little info besides saying to have 3-4 of your friends help, which isn't going to cut it in this situation. Does anyone know any movers who handle gun safes and able to bring two of them out of a basement in F airfield county up to the middle of the state and put them in a basement there?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:34:35 PM EDT
[#1]
How heavy are they?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:54:39 PM EDT
[#2]
About 850 pounds each.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
About 850 pounds each.
View Quote

Me and my BIL did a 675 just the 2 of us. It was not the best experience but it can be done. How big are the stairs? Do you have a hatch to your basement?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:36:21 PM EDT
[#4]
rent a stair climbing hand truck
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:50:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
rent a stair climbing hand truck
View Quote

Call these guys:  http://lomacltd.com/centurion.html

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:47:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 4:30:07 PM EDT
[#7]
yeah, call Lomac
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 8:41:36 AM EDT
[#8]
When I moved I just told the moving company I had a gun safe, and they just added an extra man to help move it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 11:19:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the help guys. I have safe movers all set.

A moving company was contracted to take them along with everything else but on the day of the move they brought a truck which didn't have a lift gate and their ramp was already bending under normal loads. They were worried about moving the safes, called their boss and the boss said they would come back for them with a different truck. Then a few days later there was a phone call saying they couldn't move the safes and they didn't charge for moving them. I was not happy but my dad needs the safes moved. I may end up getting it all fixed in the end for him through small claims for the price difference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top