Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:36:03 AM EDT
[#1]
It is indeed hard to believe that this was the cradle of gun manufacturing. We are now 180 degrees out.

When you get too saturated with dogma, you make the mistake of thinking others are as passionate about the subject as you are and lose all sense of perspective. The populace just sees "wing nuts" as the first thought in their heads after they look for a badge and fail to see one.

If you want to OC, fine, but manufacturing drama and filming is stupid. Doing it at a DUI checkpoint takes the cake. It demonstrates a lack of rationale and a juvenile decision-making process. What part of risk-to-reward don't they get?

The mistake a lot of folks make is not calling them out for being stupid. You can indeed do a lot of things, but knowing what you should do is the test of a man.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:41:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Since they were ocing the rifle I'm going to call them oc tards. Did you noticed in throughout video dontr was run 6 times that week?

I told him it was a great idea to carry it on the open Carry facebook.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:49:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Don-Trell is a retard who is just trying to bait cops into shooting a legal gun owning BLM agitator. I am sure he is just trying to get something to happen so he can have a lawsuit.

I want to see Don-Trell open carrying off a cliff with all the other BLM agitators and Pokeman Go zombies. The gene pool is severely polluted in this country and this guy is a turd floating in it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 12:58:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don-Trell is a retard who is just trying to bait cops into shooting a legal gun owning BLM agitator. I am sure he is just trying to get something to happen so he can have a lawsuit.

I want to see Don-Trell open carrying off a cliff with all the other BLM agitators and Pokeman Go zombies. The gene pool is severely polluted in this country and this guy is a turd floating in it.
View Quote

All that hate is gonna eat you up.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 1:39:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

We had the largest history of gun MAKING which doesn't translate to gun culture.  CT was the Arsenal of Democracy within the Arsenal of Democracy that was the United States during most of our wars.  Eli Whitney revolutionized gun manufacturing with an assembly line of interchangeable parts.  At one time, Colt, Winchester, Remington, Auto Ordinance, High Standard, Marlin and others in addition to hundreds of smaller machine shops made weapons for our war efforts.

But unlike other parts of the country, after the American Revolution, our small area of New England didn't require fights against Indian tribes and the hunting of animals to sustain us.  For the other parts that did, a gun was a tool.  An important tool for protection and food but a tool nonetheless.  Numerous Colt SSAs and other revolvers would be used as hammers in a pinch to fix a fence for example.  As such, a gun just became another "thing" and not a death weapon.  That's why their open appearance never caused alarm.

While I understand that OC is not illegal and that a right should trump anyone's uneducated feelings, open carry will NEVER be socially accepted here.  We are too far down the guns are bad path.  The best you can do is maintain your rights by concealing your pistol and go about your day.  It's not that hard.  I don't even have gun related stickers or license plate frames on my cars.  Why advertise?  Again, you will change no one's mind.  It's as divisive a topic as religion and politics.  You can yell and scream at each other but in the end, no one budges.

Just an opinion that's worth what you paid for it.  AAYMMV.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trying to force "gun culture" in a State with no apparent history of it, is a recipe for restrictive legislation. The populace will resent the "freedom" they are advertising.  

Guys, we get it...but give it a rest.

We actually might have one of the largest histories of gun culture, not that there's any remnant of that today.

Waterbury was once dubbed "brass city". I don't remember the statistic but we basically made most of the munitions the Allies used in WWII. Now it's dubbed "Death Valley".

The home of Colt. The blue Hershey kiss is now the home of a liberal arts school.

I agree with your stance, though.

We had the largest history of gun MAKING which doesn't translate to gun culture.  CT was the Arsenal of Democracy within the Arsenal of Democracy that was the United States during most of our wars.  Eli Whitney revolutionized gun manufacturing with an assembly line of interchangeable parts.  At one time, Colt, Winchester, Remington, Auto Ordinance, High Standard, Marlin and others in addition to hundreds of smaller machine shops made weapons for our war efforts.

But unlike other parts of the country, after the American Revolution, our small area of New England didn't require fights against Indian tribes and the hunting of animals to sustain us.  For the other parts that did, a gun was a tool.  An important tool for protection and food but a tool nonetheless.  Numerous Colt SSAs and other revolvers would be used as hammers in a pinch to fix a fence for example.  As such, a gun just became another "thing" and not a death weapon.  That's why their open appearance never caused alarm.

While I understand that OC is not illegal and that a right should trump anyone's uneducated feelings, open carry will NEVER be socially accepted here.  We are too far down the guns are bad path.  The best you can do is maintain your rights by concealing your pistol and go about your day.  It's not that hard.  I don't even have gun related stickers or license plate frames on my cars.  Why advertise?  Again, you will change no one's mind.  It's as divisive a topic as religion and politics.  You can yell and scream at each other but in the end, no one budges.

Just an opinion that's worth what you paid for it.  AAYMMV.

I stand corrected.

I DO think peoples minds are changed every day, though, by some of these conversations and the messages you see on cars etc. (Im not saying this video is a shining example of that my any stretch of the imagination) It might not happen right then in that moment, but that information sits with them, and it stirs, and it will be there in their mind whether they know it or not or think it right or wrong. The worst thing we could possibly do is nothing. If we do nothing than we fail, without question or argument. If you sit down and watch, and wait, and do nothing, then nothing is what we will end up with.

People quit cigarettes. That is a change of mind in a person that might be incomprehensible to those who have not smoked, but it is all the argument necessary in the world to prove that minds do change. People change religion, political parties, affiliations, every single day, and they do not do it on their own. They do it based on what has influenced their mind to that decision.

Some of us don't mind sharing the same conversation 200 times if it means we helped change one mind.

I was a registered Democrat out of High School. I was a cigarette smoker for 10 years. Im the first person in my family to have owned a gun, never mind what I have accumulated now. I grew up in CT, I am a product of the system we all swear we despise, that makes us the way we are. So what made me this way? What made me swing so far to the right Im coming back up around again on the left? What got me into firearms to the extent I openly organize and protest for them? If not conversations, experiences, then what? We change our own minds, yes, but we don't change our own minds without influence. Someone has to be that influence.

You claim yourself right in the previous statement that there is no gun culture because guns weren't prevalent. A gun culture isn't going to create itself if we keep hiding ourselves. I personally think its multi-generational thinking, just like you've described, thats got us here. If society is going to change its mind on this, its going to be because the next couple generations don't continue down the path of hiding themselves from the public eye.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:48:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I stand corrected.

I DO think peoples minds are changed every day, though, by some of these conversations and the messages you see on cars etc. (Im not saying this video is a shining example of that my any stretch of the imagination) It might not happen right then in that moment, but that information sits with them, and it stirs, and it will be there in their mind whether they know it or not or think it right or wrong. The worst thing we could possibly do is nothing. If we do nothing than we fail, without question or argument. If you sit down and watch, and wait, and do nothing, then nothing is what we will end up with.

People quit cigarettes. That is a change of mind in a person that might be incomprehensible to those who have not smoked, but it is all the argument necessary in the world to prove that minds do change. People change religion, political parties, affiliations, every single day, and they do not do it on their own. They do it based on what has influenced their mind to that decision.

Some of us don't mind sharing the same conversation 200 times if it means we helped change one mind.

I was a registered Democrat out of High School. I was a cigarette smoker for 10 years. Im the first person in my family to have owned a gun, never mind what I have accumulated now. I grew up in CT, I am a product of the system we all swear we despise, that makes us the way we are. So what made me this way? What made me swing so far to the right Im coming back up around again on the left? What got me into firearms to the extent I openly organize and protest for them? If not conversations, experiences, then what? We change our own minds, yes, but we don't change our own minds without influence. Someone has to be that influence.

You claim yourself right in the previous statement that there is no gun culture because guns weren't prevalent. A gun culture isn't going to create itself if we keep hiding ourselves. I personally think its multi-generational thinking, just like you've described, thats got us here. If society is going to change its mind on this, its going to be because the next couple generations don't continue down the path of hiding themselves from the public eye.
View Quote

God damn, that is a great post.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:49:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it won't. Idiots like these 3 paint chip eaters do not even get a thought from me at all.

This country has devolved over the years. Look at the Kardashians and Reality TV.

If these jackasses worked at a job as hard as they do being assholes they would not have time for this foolish cop baiting.

Idiocracy is not a comedy. It is a documentary.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 4:25:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No it won't. Idiots like these 3 paint chip eaters do not even get a thought from me at all.

This country has devolved over the years. Look at the Kardashians and Reality TV.

If these jackasses worked at a job as hard as they do being assholes they would not have time for this foolish cop baiting.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blah blah blah. "Retards" aren't a new phenomenon and "devolved" is objective. Devolved from what?

Slavery?

Waging war in red coats and a straight line?

Fucking witch hunts, dude! Witch hunts! We hunted people down and burned them alive  based solely on accusation, but today were devolved because 1/2,000,000 decided to tastelessly flaunt their rights? Hahaha yeah ok. Man kind tried to rid the world of witches!

It wouldn't surprise me to find out youre still pissed women can vote now. God damned country has gone to shit!

I agree Idicracy is becoming a documentary but why feed into it? How can you sit there and repeatedly wish death on someone just because you don't agree with their approach, when at the end of the day it's their fucking right, whether you god damned agree or not. And then try and pass it off as if "they don't get a thought from you". They got like 5 of the most barbaric thoughts from you in this thread alone, ranging all the way up to capital punishment for protesting.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why anyone even wastes their time talking about this idiot and his merry band of oxygen thieves, I have no idea.
View Quote

Awww come on its fun to stir the pot (mostly in GD) from time to time and get the derp flowing on the open carry issue.

The open carry issue always guaranteed to generate a lively discussion much like the 9 v 45 debate and beans v no beans chili does.

Some folks just cannot understand how the actions of Picard and Brown may be, and at some point probably will be, used as justification for enacting laws banning open carry just like the action of Lazurek was used to now mandate, under certain circumstances while open carrying, the showing of the permit. Yes I know a right unused is a useless right and all that, just making an observation.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 6:24:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Blah blah blah. "Retards" aren't a new phenomenon and "devolved" is objective. Devolved from what?

Slavery?

Fucking witch hunts, dude! Witch hunts! We hunted people down and burned them alive  based solely on accusation, but today were devolved because 1/2,000,000 decided to tastelessly flaunt their rights? Hahaha yeah ok. Man kind tried to rid the world of witches!

It wouldn't surprise me to find out youre still pissed women can vote now. God damned country has gone to shit!

I agree Idicracy is becoming a documentary but why feed into it? How can you sit there and repeatedly wish death on someone just because you don't agree with their approach, when at the end of the day it's their fucking right, whether you god damned agree or not. And then try and pass it off as if "they don't get a thought from you". They got like 5 of the most barbaric thoughts from you in this thread alone, ranging all the way up to capital punishment for protesting.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Slavery?

Which one were you in the video? I know Don-Trell had the dreads.

This women voting thing is really annoying. Next thing you know they will want to go to school and drive.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 8:06:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This women voting thing is really annoying. Next thing you know they will want to go to school and drive.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Slavery?

I love lamp........ and the interwebs.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:40:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Finally watched the video.
These guys are simply going to ruin it for the rest of us.
I get both side of the OC issue. But c'mon
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Just an FYI, not only does the PD get the info on permit holders and registered firearms, so does the FD. We recently had a new computer system installed. We get permit info and all registered firearms info. We also get registered sex offenders, court orders, restraining orders, etc, etc. pretty much anything they deem necessary. To top it off, we not only get the info for the address we are dispatched for, but for everything immediately around us. Big brother is watching.

Mike

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:13:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just an FYI, not only does the PD get the info on permit holders and registered firearms, so does the FD. We recently had a new computer system installed. We get permit info and all registered firearms info. We also get registered sex offenders, court orders, restraining orders, etc, etc. pretty much anything they deem necessary. To top it off, we not only get the info for the address we are dispatched for, but for everything immediately around us. Big brother is watching.

Mike

View Quote

So in the eyes of your employer/the state firearms owners are in the same category as sex offenders?

WHAT.THE.FUCK.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:24:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
So in the eyes of your employer/the state firearms owners are in the same category as sex offenders?

WHAT.THE.FUCK.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike

WHAT.THE.FUCK.

That has implications
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:01:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

WHAT.THE.FUCK.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike

WHAT.THE.FUCK.

Wow! I certainly didn't make that connection.

I understand why we have this info. It's all in the name of safety. I don't necessarily agree with it. I personally find it highly invasive. I'm also heavily restricted by law on how this info is accessed and used. It does amaze me at the amount of info that I have at my finger tips.

BTW, most people that are registered sex offenders don't belong on that list. Had sex with your under aged girl friend in high school and her dad complained, your on the list. Went streaking in the 70's, your on the list. Stopped to take a leak on the side of the highway, your on the list. I personally know someone on the list for one of these reasons. It's to easy to get on this list and you can't get off.

Mike

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:49:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I understand why we have this info. It's all in the name of safety. I don't necessarily agree with it. I personally find it highly invasive. I'm also heavily restricted by law on how this info is accessed and used. It does amaze me at the amount of info that I have at my finger tips.

BTW, most people that are registered sex offenders don't belong on that list. Had sex with your under aged girl friend in high school and her dad complained, your on the list. Went streaking in the 70's, your on the list. Stopped to take a leak on the side of the highway, your on the list. I personally know someone on the list for one of these reasons. It's to easy to get on this list and you can't get off.

Mike

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mike

WHAT.THE.FUCK.

Mike

I know of this and think its complete BS.

I don't agree with firearms owner being through in a category with less than desirable people. Judging by that list it seems to be people who could pose a threat to firefighter or the public in case of an emergency. It appears they want to condition first responders to see gun owners the same as your average criminal.

I also don't agree with the fact that your average firefighter can see the list of weapons I own. Most fire depts in CT are volunteer (or at least the ones i know of) and you would hope they attract good people but there is the exception to the rule, they could also say the wrong thing to the wrong person and now someone knows how to get there hands on someone's collection. This information should be available to the fire Marshall or chief and given out at their discretion. I know some people may use the "ammo exploding in a fire" excuse but there are plenty of videos that show ammo does not explode and become harmful projectiles when set on fire. If the firefighters are wearing the proper equipment they should be it shouldn't even be a concern.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:40:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Not surprised at the general tone of that article at all considering this is CT and the media hates gun owners.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 12:04:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Here's the law regarding the confidentiality of pistol permits:

(d) Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 1-210 and 1-211, the name and address of a person issued a permit to sell at retail pistols and revolvers pursuant to subsection (a) of this section or a state or a temporary state permit to carry a pistol or revolver pursuant to subsection (b) of this section, or a local permit to carry pistols and revolvers issued by local authorities prior to October 1, 2001, shall be confidential and shall not be disclosed, except (1) such information may be disclosed to law enforcement officials acting in the performance of their duties, including, but not limited to, employees of the United States Probation Office acting in the performance of their duties, (2) the issuing authority may disclose such information to the extent necessary to comply with a request made pursuant to section 29-33, 29-37a or 29-38m for verification that such state or temporary state permit is still valid and has not been suspended or revoked, and the local authority may disclose such information to the extent necessary to comply with a request made pursuant to section 29-33, 29-37a or 29-38m for verification that a local permit is still valid and has not been suspended or revoked, and (3) such information may be disclosed to the Commissioner of Mental Health and Addiction Services to carry out the provisions of subsection (c) of section 17a-500.

I sure don't see anything in there about fire fighters.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 1:36:08 PM EDT
[#21]
We do not get specific information, it's more of a general warning. Restraining order + address, registered firearm + address. If you have 27 firearms registered, we will get 27 generic warning with the address. We do not get names, we do not get type, make and model number. This is a new system and I am not fully up to speed on its capabilities. I do know that the PD has expanded capabilities over what we have.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 1:44:57 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

"FOX 61 asked Picard if there was any point he felt it could get out of hand. He answered, “Of course, I do, but that's not going to stop me from exercising my rights,” said Picard."

ASSHOLE!
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
We do not get specific information, it's more of a general warning. Restraining order + address, registered firearm + address. If you have 27 firearms registered, we will get 27 generic warning with the address. We do not get names, we do not get type, make and model number. This is a new system and I am not fully up to speed on its capabilities. I do know that the PD has expanded capabilities over what we have.

Mike
View Quote

Its not the people who have legal firearms you should be warned about. Remember these are people just like yourself and many members on the forum, they are legal gun owners and for them it is a hobby and something they enjoy, not somthig used to knock over your nearest 7-11. How would you feel if a fire dept was pulling up to your house and saw that you had firearms and acted differently than someone who didn't own them?

You can say I doesn't happen but I'm sure there are those out there that would be willing to let it go down in flames for fear of a few legal firearms being inside.

I'm not trying to be an ass here Mike, you seem like a good guy, I'm just trying to point out something that was brought up earlier in the thread. That being that fact that in CT they have conditioned us that guns are horrible evil things. Look at your wording towards legal gun owners, with out even thinking about it you have basically made it sound like they are warning you of an extremely dangerous person because of something they legally own.

ETA: I'm not saying all gun owners are great people I'm just saying it seems like some people tend to stick all of gun owners in the dangerous and crazy category.

Here is how i see it.....I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color contents of their safe skin, but by the content of their character.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:20:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

"FOX 61 asked Picard if there was any point he felt it could get out of hand. He answered, “Of course, I do, but that's not going to stop me from exercising my rights,” said Picard."

ASSHOLE!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

ASSHOLE!

+1
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 3:09:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

ASSHOLE!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

ASSHOLE!

On one hand he's right, one should continue to exercise their right since they wasn't breaking any laws. On the other hand he may have, in effect, just publicly challenged/dared to Looney, Bye, Malloy and the rest of the gun grabbers statists to ban open carry or further restrict guns in this state to "prevent things from getting out of hand".

I now fully expect to see a bill proposed at the beginning of the next legislative session to ban open carry.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 3:46:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

On one hand he's right, one should continue to exercise their right since they wasn't breaking any laws. On the other hand he may have, in effect, just publicly challenged/dared to Looney, Bye, Malloy and the rest of the gun grabbers statists to ban open carry or further restrict guns in this state to "prevent things from getting out of hand".

I now fully expect to see a bill proposed at the beginning of the next legislative session to ban open carry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ASSHOLE!

I will be happy to name a proposed anti open carry ban bill the "Don Troll / Picard" bill.  If the legislature passes it hopefully both of them get caught up "printing" and arrested and convicted.  After that maybe we can sue them.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:02:10 PM EDT
[#27]
I really doubt any firefighter goes to collect training or has a psc number. A dispatcher who does fire AND police? Yes.

For those who have no idea what I just said...you have to be certified, take a long class every few years and be assigned a specific log in and password and ID number to get into COLLECT. Misuse is a crime by statute.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:05:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I really doubt any firefighter goes to collect training or has a psc number. A dispatcher who does fire AND police? Yes.

For those who have no idea what I just said...you have to be certified, take a long class every few years and be assigned a specific log in and password and ID number to get into COLLECT. Misuse is a crime by statute.

View Quote

And if you mistype your password three consecutive times 15 minutes after you get back from the class because you are so excited to try it, you get locked out.  And that was 13 years ago.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Listening to all this talk regarding who sees what and why, I come to this question. If a fire occurs in your home and the firemen arrive, volunteer or not, wouldn't it be prudent for them to have this info with regard to the ammunition that may be stored in the home? I am sure not all of the gun owners out there have their ammunition store in fire proof safes, etc. I for one, if at home would surely let them know about it. At any one time I may have several thousand rounds stored of various caliber. Would hate to have one of the my volunteer fireman hurt trying to save my house.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:06:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Listening to all this talk regarding who sees what and why, I come to this question. If a fire occurs in your home and the firemen arrive, volunteer or not, wouldn't it be prudent for them to have this info with regard to the ammunition that may be stored in the home? I am sure not all of the gun owners out there have their ammunition store in fire proof safes, etc. I for one, if at home would surely let them know about it. At any one time I may have several thousand rounds stored of various caliber. Would hate to have one of the my volunteer fireman hurt trying to save my house.
View Quote

There is a very good videot that show what would happen if something like Cabela's ammo displays caught fire. They don't do nearly as much damage as you would think and wouldn't cause the harm you would think especially if firefighters are wearing the proper gear they should be for any fire..I will try and find it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:13:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If a fire occurs in your home and the firemen arrive, volunteer or not, wouldn't it be prudent for them to have this info with regard to the ammunition that may be stored in the home? I am sure not all of the gun owners out there have their ammunition store in fire proof safes, etc. I for one, if at home would surely let them know about it. At any one time I may have several thousand rounds stored of various caliber. Would hate to have one of the my volunteer fireman hurt trying to save my house.
View Quote

Lets set aside ammunition/powders for a moment. What about gasoline? What about basic house hold chemicals that are toxic? What about all the REST of the items in one's home that is toxic, can burn vigoriously or even explode?

In an effort to protect firefighters, should people now be in a government database simply because they own a law mower or other gasoline powered tools? What about if you own a generator? Should you be in a government database because you may have several fuel containers stored? What about if you repair your own vehicles and have various flammable fluids in your home? There are a variety of home hobbies and businesses that can result in one having a large amount of flammable materials in one's home.

Do we want, in the name of firefighter safety, to be mandated to report how much ammo we store? To be limited to some arbitrary amount (which some localities actually do) of ammunition/powders before we have to store it in a government approved bunker?

It is understandable to want to protect the firefighters while they fight a fire at your home or property. But at what cost to privacy or rights?

Might as well post this video again...

iPotato: https://youtu.be/3SlOXowwC4c
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:42:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Lets set aside ammunition/powders for a moment. What about gasoline? What about basic house hold chemicals that are toxic? What about all the REST of the items in one's home that is toxic, can burn vigoriously or even explode?

In an effort to protect firefighters, should people now be in a government database simply because they own a law mower or other gasoline powered tools? What about if you own a generator? Should you be in a government database because you may have several fuel containers stored? What about if you repair your own vehicles and have various flammable fluids in your home? There are a variety of home hobbies and businesses that can result in one having a large amount of flammable materials in one's home.

Do we want, in the name of firefighter safety, to be mandated to report how much ammo we store? To be limited to some arbitrary amount (which some localities actually do) of ammunition/powders before we have to store it in a government approved bunker?

It is understandable to want to protect the firefighters while they fight a fire at your home or property. But at what cost to privacy or rights?

https://youtu.be/3SlOXowwC4c

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If a fire occurs in your home and the firemen arrive, volunteer or not, wouldn't it be prudent for them to have this info with regard to the ammunition that may be stored in the home? I am sure not all of the gun owners out there have their ammunition store in fire proof safes, etc. I for one, if at home would surely let them know about it. At any one time I may have several thousand rounds stored of various caliber. Would hate to have one of the my volunteer fireman hurt trying to save my house.

https://youtu.be/3SlOXowwC4c

Safety uber alles!

I think my wife has an unregistered box of tea candles in the basement. Who do I report her to?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:43:04 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote

Ammunition that is not in a chamber and is on fire and detonates cannot even penetrate cardboard, let alone fireman turnout gear. Or skin.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#34]
According to ct open carry, Picard had a sitdown with the police chief. Is was soposedly friendly conversation.

I've been thinking about this and since my opinion is highly valued I offer it to you.

The police know who this guy is. Issue a statewide memo about how he wants attention. On a "gun call" an officer will drive by. (We don't want to get a boy who cried wolf situation).

Once the officer knows its Picard they can continue on and not pay attention to him. If its a threat the can exit the vehicle and bussa cap in his ass.

Hopefully after he receives no attention, he will go away.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 7:53:05 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote
Correct, this is not the COLLECT system that the police use. I'm just finishing up a double shift and have taken some time to dig a little deeper on the new computer system. This is a brand new system within the past couple of weeks. When we are dispatched we get an "alert" for the specific address plus the immediate area. if a firearm is register to that address, it will be in the alert along with restraining orders, registered sex offenders and other info. We do not get names or the type of firearm. The alert is not interactive. I can't request additional info. I can't  look up another address. Once we have cleared the scene the alert is gone and I can't retrieve it.

I don't agree with the inclusion of firearms in the alert, others look at it as situational awareness. They want to know what they might be walking into. I have not been able to confirm the inclusion of permits. I thought that was covered during the training, but I may have misspoke.

As for ammo, it is no more of a concern than cans of paint or the number of other hazardous materials that people store at home.

Mike

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:53:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Correct, this is not the COLLECT system that the police use. I'm just finishing up a double shift and have taken some time to dig a little deeper on the new computer system. This is a brand new system within the past couple of weeks. When we are dispatched we get an "alert" for the specific address plus the immediate area. if a firearm is register to that address, it will be in the alert along with restraining orders, registered sex offenders and other info. We do not get names or the type of firearm. The alert is not interactive. I can't request additional info. I can't  look up another address. Once we have cleared the scene the alert is gone and I can't retrieve it.

I don't agree with the inclusion of firearms in the alert, others look at it as situational awareness.
They want to know what they might be walking into. I have not been able to confirm the inclusion of permits. I thought that was covered during the training, but I may have misspoke.

As for ammo, it is no more of a concern than cans of paint or the number of other hazardous materials that people store at home.

Mike

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't agree with the inclusion of firearms in the alert, others look at it as situational awareness.
They want to know what they might be walking into. I have not been able to confirm the inclusion of permits. I thought that was covered during the training, but I may have misspoke.

Mike

If your department is 1st responder on medical assistance calls (rather than the PD) it would definitely make sense to have that information. In fact on a medical assistance call related to pscyh issues, it would probably be more relevant information than several of the other alerts they could give you.

(NOT an FF or  LEO)
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 1:01:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I will be happy to name a proposed anti open carry ban bill the "Don Troll / Picard" bill.  If the legislature passes it hopefully both of them get caught up "printing" and arrested and convicted.  After that maybe we can sue them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ASSHOLE!

Hhahaahahahahahhaahh.  Oh fuck I want that to happen so badly.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
According to ct open carry, Picard had a sitdown with the police chief. Is was soposedly friendly conversation.

I've been thinking about this and since my opinion is highly valued I offer it to you.

The police know who this guy is. Issue a statewide memo about how he wants attention. On a "gun call" an officer will drive by. (We don't want to get a boy who cried wolf situation).

Once the officer knows its Picard they can continue on and not pay attention to him. If its a threat the can exit the vehicle and bussa cap in his ass.

Hopefully after he receives no attention, he will go away.
View Quote

That's my take on all of this, if I were an LEO responding to their autism display I'd laugh at them both and tell them to troll somewhere else I have better things to do then drive away.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top