Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/25/2016 3:33:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:03:57 PM EDT
[#1]
You should post it to GD for shits and giggles.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a plan
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:15:28 PM EDT
[#3]
That's right down the street from my house and it appears from the construction on exit 63 it was realitively recent.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:17:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Have these guys filed any civil rights lawsuits against any of these PDs for civil rights violations?

I'd think the cops would know by now open carry is legal in our state.  Time and time again, they act like they don't care.  Time and time again the cops keep falling for this trap.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:00:20 PM EDT
[#5]
The videonclears it up. They weren't acting retarded.

As in they were just kinda standing there.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's right down the street from my house and it appears from the construction on exit 63 it was realitively recent.
View Quote

That McDonalds always has the best fries
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:16:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sounds like a plan
View Quote

Yep, cannot help but stir the usual GD pot a bit.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They weren't acting retarded
View Quote

Some may say they were by acting retarded with one of them open carrying what appeared to be a rifle which is what generated the initial 911 call about someone with a machine gun or assault rifle.

Which of course does bring up the question was the rifle (if that is what it was) what the state considers and AW? If so that opens up potential for problems with the transport statute and transporting it between those locations where one is legally allowed to possess an AW under the idiotic AWB laws if an officer (or prosecutor) decided to press the issue.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:30:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Some may say they were by acting retarded with one of them open carrying what appeared to be a rifle which is what generated the initial 911 call about someone with a machine gun or assault rifle.

Which of course does bring up the question was the rifle (if that is what it was) what the state considers and AW? If so that opens up potential for problems with the transport statute and transporting it between those locations where one is legally allowed to possess an AW under the idiotic AWB laws if an officer (or prosecutor) decided to press the issue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They weren't acting retarded

Oh, I didn't realise it was a rifle.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Dontrell states the rifle slung across his back was a 22.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:20:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"It's an aerosol."

"Oh, ok. It's not an aerosol."
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

"It's an aerosol."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

"It's an aerosol."

Then dontrell says therrr you go
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had to watch one portion of the video two or three times to see that the officer did remove a rifle from Brown while he was on the ground. Early on when police roll up and they are all still standing you can see the rifle strap on Brown.

If it was a .22LR AR-15 that would explain the stupid 911 call where the caller claimed a machine gun or assault rifle.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:55:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Why anyone is carrying around a rifle with the police having a big bullseye on their back is beyond me. Theses immature young adults are going to eventually get shot by the police. That fat guy was close on this tape. Another 6" toward his waist line when he wouldn't get down and the cop would likely have/should have plugged him. I mean his own buddy was telling him to chill out. Then all the laughing at the end, yea immature punks. Follow the 4 s rules fellas, don't do stupid things, at stupid times, with stupid people, at stupid places. This video showed two violations.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:07:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Why anyone is carrying around a rifle with the police having a big bullseye on their back is beyond me. Theses immature young adults are going to eventually get shot by the police. That fat guy was close on this tape. Another 6" toward his waist line when he wouldn't get down and the cop would likely have/should have plugged him. I mean his own buddy was telling him to chill out. Then all the laughing at the end, yea immature punks. Follow the 4 s rules fellas, don't do stupid things, at stupid times, with stupid people, at stupid places. This video showed two violations.
View Quote

You hit the nail on the head. They are immature attention seeking idiots. They aren't gun guys and most of them barely even shoot. They just like shouting "muh rights" and getting in peoples faces.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:48:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quick question, during the video when they run their background, they say something the lines of "negative warrant, 5 registered, permit is valid"  They talking about how many guns he owns or vehicles or what?  That confused me but im not LEO
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quick question, during the video when they run their background, they say something the lines of "negative warrant, 5 registered, permit is valid"  They talking about how many guns he owns or vehicles or what?  That confused me but im not LEO
View Quote

I think it the number of guns registered.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:21:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:39:49 PM EDT
[#19]
How do guns get on the registered list? Do they file them with an authorization number? Most of my guns came from RI when I moved years ago, never had to register them, at least not the non scary black ones 2 years ago.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:41:42 PM EDT
[#20]
The dps3 when you purchase
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:42:50 PM EDT
[#21]
A state cop confirmed that when a DL is run he knows if you have a permit and how many weapons the state says you own.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:43:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
A state cop confirmed that when a DL is run he knows if you have a permit and how many weapons the state says you own.
View Quote

I have had this confirmed as well.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:44:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:49:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We know EVERYTHING....
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 2:17:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Is that fat slow fuck Picard up spreading autism again?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 2:18:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HAHAHAHAHA 5 guns.   That's it?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 6:18:41 AM EDT
[#27]
If the skunk doesn't stink, don't poke it!
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 6:55:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of them only had 1 registered, other 5.  

Why would that even be pertinent info during a police encounter though.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 7:07:00 AM EDT
[#29]
When did this happen?  I also never knew that PD had that info available to them. Is it the number of Firearms they actually own?  Or is it the number of firearms they actually filed DPS 414 C forms on.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 7:34:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
When did this happen?  I also never knew that PD had that info available to them. Is it the number of Firearms they actually own?  Or is it the number of firearms they actually filed DPS 414 C forms on.
View Quote

It happened according to the video on May 27th.

The PD has access to the state's weapons registry which is primarily composed of the firearms that had a DPS-3-C form submitted to the state when a gun is sold or transferred. Prior to 4/4/13 private long gun sales didn't require the DPS-3-C form to be submitted to the state, nor does one have to notify the state of non AW's when they move into this state. As such there could be more firearms a person owns but isn't listed in the registry.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 8:33:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Over under on 20
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 9:25:06 AM EDT
[#32]
This exactly the kind of shit anti gunners need to bring down their ridiculous laws upon us. Just because they wanted to "Push" the issue. This incident has nothing to do with CT gun laws as restrictive as they are. Unfortunately there are no "Stupidity Laws" and it is pretty obvious they had no common sense!
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 9:27:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Obviously if you bought it FTF there is no record. The state's database is horribly wrong at best. You would be surprised at all the info about you that can be found with just a DL number.

If they can get all this info in seconds via the radio, it makes you wonder why it takes 8 weeks or more to get a background check. Oh wait because they can!

Think about all this technology. Computers scanning fingerprints, databases with your name, DL number, SSN and credit history. It should take seconds to do a background check. For that matter why does it still take weeks to get a mortgage? You can buy a car and drive it home the same day but you can't close on a house for a month or two.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:58:42 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote

Was that the same cop from that older case?

"IT IS ILLEGAL TO TAKE MY PICTURE!"

Him?

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:35:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Him?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Him?

Oh idk, it should be though.  

Mike just wants to troll LEOs till he gets shot, not sure if he's just slow in the head or has some master get rich quick scheme going here.  

Also you can clearly tell this was a stunt for just attention, I keep hearing that all the firearms were unloaded anyway.  Like they met at the fast food place and then called the cops on themselves.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 2:12:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 2:29:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

They've done it before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Him?

Oh idk, it should be though.  

Mike just wants to troll LEOs till he gets shot, not sure if he's just slow in the head or has some master get rich quick scheme going here.  

Also you can clearly tell this was a stunt for just attention, I keep hearing that all the firearms were unloaded anyway.  Like they met at the fast food place and then called the cops on themselves.

They've done it before.

I imagine the phone call going a bit differently though.

911 Dispatcher: What's your name, sir?
Caller: I DON'T HAVE TO GIVE YOU MY NAME! IT'S ILLEGAL FOR YOU TO ASK ME FOR MY NAME! <drops phone and blades at 45>
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 2:43:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

They've done it before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They've done it before.

Have they done it before? (called in the police on themselves for open carrying)

There was one little thing, if I put on the tinfoil hat super tight, that struck me as a little off with the initial call beyond the fact it was edited down, the dispatcher gives a whole lot more info on the three to the officers than the portion of the call we heard. Was the use, by the caller, of the word "alarm" (or was it alarming?). The word alarm is straight out of the Breach of Peace 2nd degree statute that would give police a reason to investigate and arrest.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 3:42:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted: the dispatcher gives a whole lot more info on the three to the officers than the portion of the call we heard.
View Quote

I realized this as well. Right when the video went to the officer driving, I was wondering where all this info was coming from.

What about the part where the Supervisor tells the officer,"You have to be in a casual conversation, nothing more". The officer immediately draws and tells them to get down. It's not like he didn't know they were armed, from the very beginning.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:39:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:40:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I realized this as well. Right when the video went to the officer driving, I was wondering where all this info was coming from.

What about the part where the Supervisor tells the officer,"You have to be in a casual conversation, nothing more". The officer immediately draws and tells them to get down. It's not like he didn't know they were armed, from the very beginning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: the dispatcher gives a whole lot more info on the three to the officers than the portion of the call we heard.

Yeah I wonder if all that descriptive information came from that one single edited call or if other people had made a "man with a gun" call that was not included with the video? If a lot more people called in that might change the context slightly of the video and the police reaction at the outset. Or it may not. <shrugs>
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:45:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The news report says Dontrell called 911 before he approached the Bridgeport courthouse in June to let them know he was there
View Quote

Yeah knew about that press statement, I thought there may have been something else.

Brown claims he didn't say that to police (or something to that effect): http://thewashingtonstandard.com/cops-falsely-charge-activist-for-showing-them-breaking-the-law-video-tells-the-true-story/
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 8:38:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Why anyone even wastes their time talking about this idiot and his merry band of oxygen thieves, I have no idea.  All these assholes want is attention and they have figured out a way to get it.  They are not pro-rights, they are anti-authority and pro being ball breakers.  They are playing a real life Jackass movie and one of these days something is going to go very wrong at one of these forced interactions and someone, either them, LEOs or a bystander is going to get shot.  If this happens, I guarantee open carry will go the way of the dodo bird.  For those of you who use OC, these are not the spokesmen you want.  They are crayon eaters and its eventually going to cost you and maybe the non-OC people too.  Keep saying "my rights" but continue to have assholes like this around and you'll see.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 10:43:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Why anyone even wastes their time talking about this idiot and his merry band of oxygen thieves, I have no idea.  All these assholes want is attention and they have figured out a way to get it.  They are not pro-rights, they are anti-authority and pro being ball breakers.  They are playing a real life Jackass movie and one of these days something is going to go very wrong at one of these forced interactions and someone, either them, LEOs or a bystander is going to get shot.  If this happens, I guarantee open carry will go the way of the dodo bird.  For those of you who use OC, these are not the spokesmen you want.  They are crayon eaters and its eventually going to cost you and maybe the non-OC people too.  Keep saying "my rights" but continue to have assholes like this around and you'll see.
View Quote

Someone gets it! Let these guys create a scene while shouting "muh rights" and "molon labia" and OC will be banned before you know it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:38:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can't stand these morons.  I hope they make a mistake and get themselves in some deep shit so they will go away.

They are not patriots!  
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:47:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Trying to force "gun culture" in a State with no apparent history of it, is a recipe for restrictive legislation. The populace will resent the "freedom" they are advertising.  

Guys, we get it...but give it a rest.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 8:16:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Trying to force "gun culture" in a State with no apparent history of it, is a recipe for restrictive legislation. The populace will resent the "freedom" they are advertising.  

View Quote

We actually might have one of the largest histories of gun culture, not that there's any remnant of that today.

Waterbury was once dubbed "brass city". I don't remember the statistic but we basically made most of the munitions the Allies used in WWII. Now it's dubbed "Death Valley".

The home of Colt. The blue Hershey kiss is now the home of a liberal arts school.

I agree with your stance, though.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 8:41:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

We actually might have one of the largest histories of gun culture, not that there's any remnant of that today.

Waterbury was once dubbed "brass city". I don't remember the statistic but we basically made most of the munitions the Allies used in WWII. Now it's dubbed "Death Valley".

The home of Colt. The blue Hershey kiss is now the home of a liberal arts school.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We had the largest history of gun MAKING which doesn't translate to gun culture.  CT was the Arsenal of Democracy within the Arsenal of Democracy that was the United States during most of our wars.  Eli Whitney revolutionized gun manufacturing with an assembly line of interchangeable parts.  At one time, Colt, Winchester, Remington, Auto Ordinance, High Standard, Marlin and others in addition to hundreds of smaller machine shops made weapons for our war efforts.

But unlike other parts of the country, after the American Revolution, our small area of New England didn't require fights against Indian tribes and the hunting of animals to sustain us.  For the other parts that did, a gun was a tool.  An important tool for protection and food but a tool nonetheless.  Numerous Colt SSAs and other revolvers would be used as hammers in a pinch to fix a fence for example.  As such, a gun just became another "thing" and not a death weapon.  That's why their open appearance never caused alarm.

While I understand that OC is not illegal and that a right should trump anyone's uneducated feelings, open carry will NEVER be socially accepted here.  We are too far down the guns are bad path.  The best you can do is maintain your rights by concealing your pistol and go about your day.  It's not that hard.  I don't even have gun related stickers or license plate frames on my cars.  Why advertise?  Again, you will change no one's mind.  It's as divisive a topic as religion and politics.  You can yell and scream at each other but in the end, no one budges.

Just an opinion that's worth what you paid for it.  AAYMMV.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:18:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

We had the largest history of gun MAKING which doesn't translate to gun culture.  CT was the Arsenal of Democracy within the Arsenal of Democracy that was the United States during most of our wars.  Eli Whitney revolutionized gun manufacturing with an assembly line of interchangeable parts.  At one time, Colt, Winchester, Remington, Auto Ordinance, High Standard, Marlin and others in addition to hundreds of smaller machine shops made weapons for our war efforts.

But unlike other parts of the country, after the American Revolution, our small area of New England didn't require fights against Indian tribes and the hunting of animals to sustain us.  For the other parts that did, a gun was a tool.  An important tool for protection and food but a tool nonetheless.  Numerous Colt SSAs and other revolvers would be used as hammers in a pinch to fix a fence for example.  As such, a gun just became another "thing" and not a death weapon.  That's why their open appearance never caused alarm.

While I understand that OC is not illegal and that a right should trump anyone's uneducated feelings, open carry will NEVER be socially accepted here.  We are too far down the guns are bad path.  The best you can do is maintain your rights by concealing your pistol and go about your day.  It's not that hard.  I don't even have gun related stickers or license plate frames on my cars.  Why advertise?  Again, you will change no one's mind.  It's as divisive a topic as religion and politics.  You can yell and scream at each other but in the end, no one budges.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree about keeping quiet and concealing. Why give the "guns are evil" crowd anything to yell about. By having legal OC we can not worry about printing or if your shirt rides up, etc. I also do not have gun stickers or any stickers for that matter on my car. For one I think it looks tacky but also I do not need some asshole confronting me or my wife. I obviously enjoy my 2A freedom as do all of us here. I don't hide the fact I am a right leaning, gun loving American but I don't need to flaunt it every second of the day.

Guys like these OC assholes are just jackasses looking for attention and trying to bait the cops into something. If they are shot and killed I will feel bad for the cop not the moron who got himself shot. Actually I will be happy to see the gene pool cleansed a little bit. These guys are not looking to protest their rights. They are trying to become famous on YouTube for some jackass stunt. If you want to exercise your rights go vote this November, donate money to 2A organizations, work with a 2A organization to help legally overturn our draconian gun laws.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:21:33 AM EDT
[#50]
I agree.  Conceal it, but OC covers us if it shows or prints. But you don't need to be a douche bag and give us bad names to the general public.  I've OC'd a few times but now I throw my shirt over it.   Not worth the hassle.  
It's too late in ct to get our rights back. Too many liberals and undereducated citizens in this state. Especially west of the river.
Only hope we have is if trump gets in and makes an executive action on AW bans. Other than that save your penny's and retire out of state and leave this dump behind.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top