Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 5:18:01 PM EDT
[#1]
If the numbers in here are accurate, not bad by the current standard.  

Doesn't seem like a very good margin, but I hope the shop works out for him.   Waterbury is a place I very rarely go, so I probably won't be visiting.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 7:11:34 PM EDT
[#2]
He is buying lowers at 900$ .  He's going to be selling lowers and rifles starting at 2k and up by the time it's said and done.  Fuck it
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He is buying lowers at 900$ .  He's going to be selling lowers and rifles starting at 2k and up by the time it's said and done.  Fuck it
View Quote

You do understand that he is in a business situation to make money and keep the business growing correct?
No offense meant
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 9:44:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You do understand that he is in a business situation to make money and keep the business growing correct?
No offense meant
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No offense meant

I hope he can make a go of it. I like to see gun stores in this state open not close.

I am not sure having a business model of pre bans is really going to work long term. There will be people who pay his prices. That is a given. Just how many of them remains to be seen. Finding a steady supply of pre bans is the challenge. If you are going to run a business you need to move more than a handful of guns every month just to keep the lights on never mind a profit. Hunting pre bans down on the EE and Gunbroker takes a lot of time.

If he stocks parts and accessories that will be great. A good well stocked ammo dept. will keep people stopping in regularly for supplies.

Reloading supplies would be nice to see.

All this is providing his prices are competitive and items are in stock. Saying "Iwill order it for you" won't work. I can go home and order it myself.

Link Posted: 7/2/2016 9:54:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I know some guys feel put off by the fact that he buys so many prebans here and that he's going to probably set the market in CT.  There was someone else who did the same thing not too long ago and was banned.

But as with about everything else you can name, the market will dictate his success or failure.  If you don't like it, don't buy one.  If enough people don't buy, he'll be forced to lower his prices or eat them since their higher than normal value is based on our laws and they are pretty worthless elsewhere.  You can still find prebans here and elsewhere.  You just have to beat him to it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 10:31:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I know some guys feel put off by the fact that he buys so many prebans here and that he's going to probably set the market in CT.  There was someone else who did the same thing not too long ago and was banned.

But as with about everything else you can name, the market will dictate his success or failure.  If you don't like it, don't buy one.  If enough people don't buy, he'll be forced to lower his prices or eat them since their higher than normal value is based on our laws and they are pretty worthless elsewhere.  You can still find prebans here and elsewhere.  You just have to beat him to it.
View Quote

For a retail business to do well you need a minimum of 30-35% gross profit. This mean you need to mark up a lower by 50% so you can make a 33% profit.

Pay $1000 mark it up 50% to $1500. This will net you a 33% profit of $500. If the market collapses or the state closes the door on pre bans he will choke on a ton of inventory and lose a fortune.

Pre bans really only are valuable to us here in CT. NY shut the door with their SAFE act. I am not sure about MA. To everyone else they are just an old gun.

Link Posted: 7/3/2016 8:29:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No offense meant
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No offense meant

My point is its a tought model...ie fuck it because it would be hard to do....
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 5:38:35 PM EDT
[#8]
It kills me to see what you guys are paying for prebans. 3 preban purchases could cover a relocation to a free state. Do yourselves a favor...get out of there!
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 5:51:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It kills me to see what you guys are paying for prebans. 3 preban purchases could cover a relocation to a free state. Do yourselves a favor...get out of there!
View Quote

Easier said than done. I need to untangle my roots here. I have a couple house projects I want to finish before I sell.

My family has had it here too. So they are planning to move too.

The biggest thing holding me here is my job. I love my job and because of it I will not quit. I will wait until an opening in my department comes up. The guy who covers central FL is close to retirement.

We would take FL, TN, GA, or SC. We have decided we want either shorter or no winter.

Ideally 5 years would be when we can go. My house will be paid off and we will have enough cash to build what we want on a good sized lot and have no or a very small mortgage.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 10:46:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Just bought a Mak-90 yesterday from the new shop prices are where they need to be and service was good having such a large assortment to look through before making a purchase is also nice,owner seems like a nice guy only remote downside was the guy behind the counter other than the owner knew nothing about AK's but he was very helpful other wise. They even had virgin Pre-bans.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 10:52:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Any price examples for the class?
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 12:17:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just bought a Mak-90 yesterday from the new shop prices are where they need to be and service was good having such a large assortment to look through before making a purchase is also nice,owner seems like a nice guy only remote downside was the guy behind the counter other than the owner knew nothing about AK's but he was very helpful other wise. They even had virgin Pre-bans.
View Quote

Price?
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:45:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Price?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Price?

I guess it's a closely guarded secret.

Be in Wtby on business next two day so I'll see if I can get over during lunchtime.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 5:06:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I paid 1500 for the Mak and the virgin lowers were 1800, He had other Mak's going for 1200 but this one looked like it was barely shot
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 5:47:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's a lot more than just that.  Employment and housing are a big issue for some.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I paid 1500 for the Mak and the virgin lowers were 1800, He had other Mak's going for 1200 but this one looked like it was barely shot
View Quote

Wow!

I guess the 2 MAK90s I have on consignment will sell.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 6:03:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Should just put them on consignment around november
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 7:12:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 9:35:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

I can make good money on them now. I will use some of the money to buy a couple more to hold until later this year. The rest of the money will build out some projects I have stacking up.

I want to get the parts before the panic hits.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 8:49:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Did anyone ever say where this place is?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:25:26 AM EDT
[#21]
All this talk about prebans will be moot if Hillary gets into office! All our guns will be banned!
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 12:40:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Back on page 1. I missed it the first 3 times. Still can't figure out how he expects to make it when guys on this forum don't even know where he is.

Quoted:
Gun store llc 130 Scott road rear building Waterbury . Gun store  LLC is his Facebook page.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 12:54:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 2:21:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Deals still can be had if you do your homework, search some websites and do a little searching on vacations to other states I've seen preban pistols for dirt cheap prices on travels, picked up a preban Ruger MKII for 200 in PA last month !!! Print out serial # cut off dates of what you are looking for and keep them handy on your travels
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top