Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 9:50:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like Bernie won ct
View Quote

Was just tellling the wife rather than "Bernie"  I think of him as "Fidel", "Kruschev", "Mao", "Stalin"...etc.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:02:27 PM EDT
[#2]
He more like a crazy old neighbor who yells at passing cars and wears a diaper .
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:05:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I voted for Trump today.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:29:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I wore my special sweatshirt today, uncharacteristically non-grey man of me.

http://1776united.com/collections/1776-united-sale/products/fear-the-people-hoodie?variant=528955025

Last time I wore it some clean cut guy in a grocery store in Fairfield walks up to me and goes, "Gahhh, awesome sweatshirt".

The spirit isn't broken, yet.
View Quote

Outstanding!
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:33:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I wrote him in.

Just kidding.

Just reminding myself of a time when we had real candidates to choose from.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
REAGAN.

Okay I'll bite since nobody else is.  What are you saying?

I wrote him in.

Just kidding.

Just reminding myself of a time when we had real candidates to choose from.

"The sting in any rebuke is the truth." - Ben Franklin I believe.

Or in this case, just a simple post.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:38:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Now that Trump pretty much sealed the deal for himself, I can't wait to see the melt down for the GOP.

BRB going to go read some GD and see what's cookin in there
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 12:07:05 AM EDT
[#7]
TRUMP! even though I would prefer cruz he has no chance.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 5:22:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Now that Trump pretty much sealed the deal for himself, I can't wait to see the melt down for the GOP.

BRB going to go read some GD and see what's cookin in there
View Quote

That's what they get for rolling over for obama
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 5:37:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Voted Cruz, but I saw something suspicious.

Both when I voted for Foley last time, and Cruz this time, I bubbled in my ballot (I live in Branford) and stuck it in the machine. The little counter on the machine didn't increment. Was my vote actually counted?

Don't they count the ballots by hand, too?

Is it because I insert them into the machine bubble side down? (I was told by one of the staff that it doesn't matter which side I have facing up when I insert the ballot.)

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:30:04 AM EDT
[#10]
doesn't really matter. when hillary pulls all of berns votes, it will be a democratic wash in ye ole connecticut
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:02:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Looks like Bernie won ct
View Quote

Nope. Hillary squeaked it out at the end.

Republicans - 212,190 votes,  99% reporting (697 of 701 precincts)  
Donald J. Trump -  28 Delegates
57.7%

John Kasich
28.5%

Ted Cruz
11.7%

Other  
2.1%

Democrats - 328,465 votes,  99% reporting (697 of 701 precincts)
Hillary Clinton - 27 Delegates
51.7%

Bernie Sanders - 24 Delegates
46.5%

Other
1.8%
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:11:43 AM EDT
[#12]
I too am eagerly awaiting the GOP melt down when they don't give it to the don. Popcorn ready
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:45:20 AM EDT
[#13]
How come Carson didn't place at all? I voted for him because he was on the ballot!
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 9:12:29 AM EDT
[#14]
My only Monday pre-election oddball story:

We had a power outage, and I made sure the answering machine was working, to get an estimate of when the power will be restored.

The recording was from Michael Reagan, who wanted us to vote for John Kasich.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 9:44:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Trump #MAGA
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:36:28 AM EDT
[#16]
No brakes on the trump train
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:45:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The recording was from Michael Reagan, who wanted us to vote for John Kasich.
View Quote

Got the same robo call on Monday as well.

DId a WTF when I played the message back.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:59:21 AM EDT
[#18]
The best news I've heard today is that trump beat Hillary and sanders by far in votes in Newtow/sandy hook........

So apparently Moff Tarkin and Hillary Clinton are wrong
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 12:36:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Couldn't vote, I'm registered as unaffiliated. And no inspired me enough to change it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 12:47:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The best news I've heard today is that trump beat Hillary and sanders by far in votes in Newtow/sandy hook........

https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/3Mzz88tcv9cYC7Yk9SwI6g--/YXBwaWQ9eWlzZWFyY2g7Zmk9Zml0O2dlPTAwNjYwMDtncz0wMEEzMDA7aD00MDA7dz01MzM-/http://www.2acheck.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Fear-will-keep-them-in-line.jpg.cf.jpg

View Quote

I work with a guy from newtown. I don't think their happy with the way the charity money is being handled.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 1:05:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/3Mzz88tcv9cYC7Yk9SwI6g--/YXBwaWQ9eWlzZWFyY2g7Zmk9Zml0O2dlPTAwNjYwMDtncz0wMEEzMDA7aD00MDA7dz01MzM-/http://www.2acheck.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Fear-will-keep-them-in-line.jpg.cf.jpg

View Quote

The Newtown numbers show something a little less than Trump beating Hillary/Sanders "by far" in votes.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2016/primary-caucus/connecticut

Trump
Votes: 1,654 - 56.7%

Kasich
Votes: 828 - 28.4%

Cruz
Votes: 372 - 12.7%

Hillary
Votes: 1,362 - 52.7%

Sanders
Votes: 1,177 - 45.6%
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 1:12:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Cmon sbhaven.....live a little
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 3:16:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I know I should , but I just am not drinking the Kool-Aid at this point when it comes to Trump. I remain skeptical of Trumps ability to actually win in November, and further how right of center he'll actually be if nominated.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 3:23:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I know I should , but I just am not drinking the Kool-Aid at this point when it comes to Trump. I remain skeptical of Trumps ability to actually win in November, and further how right of center he'll actually be if nominated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump beat Hillary by almost a whole Cruz.

Start chuggin, brother. All aboard!
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 5:11:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know I can be very cynical at times but come on, does anyone seriously think Hillary won't be the next president? I mean I will vote for who ever the GOP puts out there when they screw over trump but come on fellas. It's a gimmie dat world
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 5:28:29 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm sure the rhinos will line up to eat her box if that happens
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With how this country has been going I will settle for a president who is in the center.

Bernie Sanders would be locked up if McCarthy were around. Hillary would probably be locked up too.

This country is completely fucked. We are fighting wars all over the globe, the economy sucks, racial tensions are flaring up, and all congress can do is name the "National Mammal"? Are you fucking kidding?! We have nothing better to work on?

This country is so messed up that we now need laws to tell men which bathroom to use. If you have a penis you are a man no matter how you dress, period.

This is why I like Trump. He says what we are thinking. Is he ideal? No but he is much better than that jackass Cruz.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:13:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I know I can be very cynical at times but come on, does anyone seriously think Hillary won't be the next president? I mean I will vote for who ever the GOP puts out there when they screw over trump but come on fellas. It's a gimmie dat world
View Quote

Hillary does have, for what ever stupid reason, an assumed built in lead over who ever is the GOP nominee. It may be electoral college real or merely a media manipulated image intended to discourage voters from supporting someone other than Hillary.

The key to winning is the independents. If Trump can pull enough of them in, he could win the popular vote. But it remains to be seen if he can win the electoral college vote. The numbers there don't look good based on current polling.
Quoted:
This is why I like Trump. He says what we are thinking. Is he ideal? No but he is much better than that jackass Cruz.
View Quote

Its not that I don't like Trump, its just I don't think, at this point, he'll bring in enough Independents to win. And I don't think the  "anyone but Hillary" is enough either. I am also not confident Trump would nominate Constitutional Justices to SCOTUS. Because of his past liberal/Democratic/Progressive leanings he could end up nominating a Justice with the same political leanings that Hillary would nominate (i.e., center left to progressive left).

Yes Trump or Cruz are better than Hillary or Bernie, the issue is how much better would Trump be once in office and not on the campaign trail. Will his rhetoric be anything more than just rhetoric once in office. In other words is he just saying what he needs to, to get elected just like everyone else running is?

I remain skeptical. <shrugs>

Anyone (on the GOP side) but Hillary!
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:05:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Some statistics from the CT SOS website.

Republicans:
Registered Voters:  296,389
Voters Checked: 142,646
Voter Turnout (%): 48.13

Democrats:
Registered Voters:  523,473
Voters Checked: 215,339
Voter Turnout (%): 41.14
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:22:54 AM EDT
[#30]
So I am starting to think trump may be making the most brilliant run ever. Many people say how trump is a moron and he never really says anything. Of course the mans not a moron and he has to have a plan. He has been pounding very simple non specific rhetoric for months now. He has fired up the simple minded masses that lean right, but not serious conservatives. I use my father as conservative gauge. He is in his 70s and seen lots of presidents and is an old school conservative. He doesn't not like trump at all, that changed last night. He heard trumps speech last night and is now on the trump train. I expect you can see more specifics from trump as he now goes after the more educated voter. It's a very tall order to take out the hildabeast but I am liking the strategy.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:25:01 AM EDT
[#31]
And yes SB, there is definitely some built in assumed lead on Hilary's part. Some is clearly assumed because I was shocked by how close the bern was to her in CT.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:11:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So I am starting to think trump may be making the most brilliant run ever.
View Quote

It may be brilliant in the sense that when he started out he didn't actually expect to win. His campaign team has made several rooky missteps and flubs over state primary rules to which they whine about stolen votes when they lost delegates, is perfect example of that. They didn't expect to get this far.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:14:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Some is clearly assumed because I was shocked by how close the bern was to her in CT.
View Quote

How close Bernie got wasn't much of a surprise to me. I haven't seen a single Hillary sign other than the one or two out front of the voting station. Seen several Bernie yard signs and more than a few Bernie bumper stickers on cars in my area. Bernie's "free shit" message is a powerful draw to a fair number of Democrats and to some Independents as well.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:17:36 AM EDT
[#34]
My job has me driving all over the state. I have never seen so many non-Democrat political signs on people's lawns.

Most of them are Trump signs.

I wonder if it is the Republicans who are so fed up they are showing it with a sign?

Or is it people who have never been political that like Trump because he is not a career politician?

Or just maybe the Dems are so confident that they don't need to show support?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:32:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Trump Just keeps Rollin along. No matter what The Dems or The GOP ( Dysfunctional ) does.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:13:50 PM EDT
[#36]
I have seen the same in terms of yard signs and stickers. My personal thought was that supporting Hillary is not in vogue and people are likely in the closet with her. They vote Hillary cause they have to. Bern and trump signs are more statements of FU to the establishment and Hereford people are more inclined to show their support. I could be off base but that's the feel I get. I personally know many democrat and independents that are on the trump train. Only time will tell.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:36:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

With how this country has been going I will settle for a president who is in the center.

Bernie Sanders would be locked up if McCarthy were around. Hillary would probably be locked up too.

This country is completely fucked. We are fighting wars all over the globe, the economy sucks, racial tensions are flaring up, and all congress can do is name the "National Mammal"? Are you fucking kidding?! We have nothing better to work on?

This country is so messed up that we now need laws to tell men which bathroom to use. If you have a penis you are a man no matter how you dress, period.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow!  I thought I wrote that, but then I realized it was you.  Great minds think alike.  Sanders is a fucking commie and shouldn't be in the senate let alone be a presidential candidate.  "The only good commie is a dead commie!"

National mammal?  Holy shit!  First I've heard of it.  Jesus Fucking Christ this country is going down the toilet.

Please save us Donald J. Trump!

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top