Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2016 8:42:14 AM EDT
I've been checking the Rockville F&G website for a listing of the weekly matches this year, but there isn't one.  

Anyone who's a member of the club have any info on whether they're not going to happen this year?
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 8:47:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm interested too.

We should start another "2016 CT Matches" thread for all things organized shooting, pistol, rifle, multi gun, sporting clays, etc...

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 9:27:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea I was bummed when I saw the last one times out. It had all the right links to find the info. I do not have the time to recreate all the work again this year.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 9:33:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm interested too.

We should start another "2016 CT Matches" thread for all things organized shooting, pistol, rifle, multi gun, sporting clays, etc...

View Quote

That would be great!
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 10:09:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

That would be great!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm interested too.

That would be great!

Toady, we can include videos from the shoots too.

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 10:40:41 AM EDT
[#5]
There are no matches scheduled yet - the pistol range is currently closed for some safety upgtades
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 9:15:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Both ranges are open now. Shot there yesterday. No word on matches, if I see a schedule come out Ill let you all know
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 12:02:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Can we get the mod to pin a a post about this?
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 6:49:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:57:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I got this in my email:

Good morning everyone. It is with greatest regret, the monthly USPSA matches have been suspended indefinably. This a decision of our host club and not of the committee that runs the monthly match. I want to thank everyone who has supported us from Westfield and continue to support us when we moved to Rockville. Despite the loss of this venue, USPSA continues to grow with several new clubs starting this year or on the horizon. If you see one of the people who have helped to run Rockville's matches, you know who they are because they continue to help at other venue's, shake their hand and thank them. We'll see you on the Range.
Steve Ouellette
USPSA
View Quote

Monson MA has USPSA this Sunday.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 6:33:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I got this in my email:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I got this in my email:

Good morning everyone. It is with greatest regret, the monthly USPSA matches have been suspended indefinably. This a decision of our host club and not of the committee that runs the monthly match. I want to thank everyone who has supported us from Westfield and continue to support us when we moved to Rockville. Despite the loss of this venue, USPSA continues to grow with several new clubs starting this year or on the horizon. If you see one of the people who have helped to run Rockville's matches, you know who they are because they continue to help at other venue's, shake their hand and thank them. We'll see you on the Range.

Steve Ouellette

USPSA

That's quite a shame. Anyone have more info on this?

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Unfortunately - the old timers on the BOD at Rockville currently sees the public action matches as a safety/liability and has throttled our ability to run fun matches
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:18:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Sorry to here, you guys had some good ones.

You see this crap from Fud's in most clubs. They don't seem to understand that once they die no one will be shooting trap anymore and these clubs will die too.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:34:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You see this crap from Fud's in most clubs. They don't seem to understand that once they die no one will be shooting trap anymore and these clubs will die too.

View Quote

John you are spot on. How many under 50 yr old people do you see shooting trap, clays, skeet? None.

So many of these club Fuds shoot like one round then smoke a stogie, talk to the other fuds and then shoot another round and repeat. After being there for a few hours they have shot almost 20 rounds.

If clubs don't cater to ALL members and shooting disciplines the average age of the club membership will grow so old that it will die.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

John you are spot on. How many under 50 yr old people do you see shooting trap, clays, skeet? None.

So many of these club Fuds shoot like one round then smoke a stogie, talk to the other fuds and then shoot another round and repeat. After being there for a few hours they have shot almost 20 rounds.

If clubs don't cater to ALL members and shooting disciplines the average age of the club membership will grow so old that it will die.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What some of the Blued Steel and Walnut crowd need to be reminded of from time to time is, if anything, the protections afforded to us in the State and U.S Constitutions apply more so to military weapons than mere sporting tools.  I don't hunt but have absolutely no problem with people who do.  But no where do you have a right to hunt.  It is only a privilege and as such could theoretically be banned tomorrow.  I find that crowd to be some our worse enemies.  As I said in another post when I was asked what I needed a HK G3 for to shoot paper for, "why do you need a ten thousand dollar Perazzi to shoot clay discs?" He just walked away.  I'd much prefer they just go about their business as I go about mine and remember at the end of the day we're on the same side.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:41:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
What some of the Blued Steel and Walnut crowd need to be reminded of from time to time is, if anything, the protections afforded to us in the State and U.S Constitutions apply more so to military weapons than mere sporting tools.  I don't hunt but have absolutely no problem with people who do.  But no where do you have a right to hunt.  It is only a privilege and as such could theoretically be banned tomorrow.  I find that crowd to be some our worse enemies.  As I said in another post when I was asked what I needed a HK G3 for to shoot paper for, "why do you need a ten thousand dollar Perazzi to shoot clay discs?" He just walked away.  I'd much prefer they just go about their business as I go about mine and remember at the end of the day we're on the same side.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

All good points Conn. Part of the issue is that a lot of these clubs are run by retired guys who never shot any action shooting. The "younger" crowd is busy with jobs, family and life. We need to see more interestested parties actually participating in these clubs, going to meetings, joining boards and helping grow them to ensure they don't fade away.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:39:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Unfortunately - the old timers on the BOD at Rockville currently sees the public action matches as a safety/liability and has throttled our ability to run fun matches
View Quote

They see all shooting, other than Trap and Skeet, that way.

(and it isn't only the Old Timers on the BOD)

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:49:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I shot trap, clays and skeet. I go up on Sunday mornings specifically for shotgun sports (not as much as I use to right now). There are a few guys in the 25-45 age range. I really enjoy it but I agree, the clubs will not survive on that alone once that generation is gone. Hopefully in the next few years the younger crowd will start joining the boards and making some changes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top