Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2016 8:25:04 PM EDT
Any local engravers for NFA items that you recommend, preferably in eastern CT? If so whats the price and turn around for SBR engraving?

Link Posted: 3/20/2016 8:28:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Engrave your gift in new Britain. He will do it while you wait, price depends on lettering and legnth of it. I was charged $27 and it took about 30mins start to finish.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 9:03:38 PM EDT
[#2]
2nd engrave your gift. Damien is top notch. Call ahead and let him know you are coming
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 9:26:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I have heard great things about Engrave your Gift. Be aware you have to wait with him. He does not have an FFL.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 8:39:36 AM EDT
[#4]
All of the above. Good guy and nice family. Definitely worth the drive.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 5:40:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the recommendation, thats were I will be headed
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 12:46:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Does the engraving have to be in all caps?  My form 1 has first letter of first and last name in capitals.

I don't remember reading that the engraving or form 1 has to be filled out in all capital letters.

As long as it matches your form your should be gtg, correct?
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 2:20:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does the engraving have to be in all caps?  My form 1 has first letter of first and last name in capitals.

I don't remember reading that the engraving or form 1 has to be filled out in all capital letters.

As long as it matches your form your should be gtg, correct?
View Quote

No specific requirement for capitals. Your GTG.
Just 1/16" tall, for serial# and .003" depth for all.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 3:14:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Sweet, just wanted to confirm as I never saw any instructions that either the form or engraving must be in all caps.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 7:58:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Just got back from Damiens (Engrave your gift in New Britain) Great guy, Great work. 2 thumbs up.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 11:41:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Did anyone get it done on below/trigger area?

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 3:22:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Did anyone get it done on below/trigger area?

View Quote

Yup!
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 5:27:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I didn't think we could abbreviate
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I didn't think we could abbreviate
View Quote

If its abbreviated on your form, yes you can
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 7:27:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I didn't think of that.  I will be headed to New Britain soon myself to get one done.  I haven't really decided where to engrave it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 10:32:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I like the trigger one or  This

Personally, I'd do the magwell one. Not sure why but I like it better. If the engraver can't do it there, do the one that is inside the trigger guard pictured above.  Keeps it clean and out of view
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 2:22:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Thx, is that 1/16 of an inch? If it is, mine definitely wont fit... I cant abbreviate and the name is looooong

Yours look great though.

Did you have to remove the trigger assembly, stock or any otherparts or can it be done assembled. Or stripped
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 3:28:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Thx, is that 1/16 of an inch? If it is, mine definitely wont fit... I cant abbreviate and the name is looooong

Yours look great though.

Did you have to remove the trigger assembly, stock or any otherparts or can it be done assembled. Or stripped
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yours look great though.

The 1/16th" is only a requirement for the serial#, not all engraving.
Font style and .003" depth apply to all.

Quoted:
I like the trigger one or  This

That's pretty slick.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 11:38:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Checked the place out on the back of the recommendations here.

Absolutely good to go.  Will go back.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 3:14:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Just got home from Engrave Your Gift. Did a beautiful job, this was on polymer and had zero problems. He can do all materials. Just a heads up, it is right next to a school, so don't get out of your car with a slung rifle lol. Not that any of you would do that, but just a heads up
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top