Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2015 1:15:41 PM EDT
Guys

Earlier this year, I got my Griffin Checkmate QD.  I have a Ruger MKII pistol that is threaded, and a number of semi-auto .22s I could thread, but wanted a bolt gun as well. Of course, my first two choices were the Ruger and Savage factory threaded models.  However, about 25 years ago, someone gave me a very nice condition Savage Springfield 120A single shot.  Like most old .22s, it is only worth $100 on a good day, but was tossing around the idea of getting it threaded.

Anyone know of a gunsmith/machinists that will thread this old girl for less then it's total value (and knows what they are doing)?  I know Delta does it for $75, but was going to do a couple of the other .22s as well, and it all adds up!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:24:05 PM EDT
[#1]
JoJo's does it but I don't know the price.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:02:24 PM EDT
[#2]
JoJos was $100 for my rifle, they also installed a brake for me.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:47:16 PM EDT
[#3]
May as well jump in. Jojos.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies everyone.  I am aware of the "usual suspects" (Delta, JoJo's, etc), but just couldn't see putting $100 into this rifle.  If you think being limited to 10 rounds is a pain, try just 1!  While it would be substantially cheaper to thread this old Savage (and what else would I do with it anyway?), I could use the money to put down on a Savage or Ruger.  If the Marlin XT-22 wasn't a 22" barrel, I would get one of those, since I already have a couple of semis that use the same magazine.  Just don't want a .22 the size of a Brown Bess when I put on the suppressor!

Wish there was a market for this old girl, I would just sell it and buy a repeater with a threaded barrel!
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:07:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I had my gunsmith shorten and thread the barrel for my 10/22 and Buckmark.  He did it for $60 each.  G&B Gunworks in Plainville.  He has a small shop at his house.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top