Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2015 5:16:11 PM EDT
I hope all my fellow Connecticut arfcommers have a great Thanksgiving Day.  I know I have a lot to be thankful for.  

Eat that turkey, watch those games, drink those beers, and shoot those guns!*  

*Not necessarily in that order.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:04:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Happy thanksgiving !
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you guys!

As Americans we have a lot to be thankful for. Spend the day with your families and relax. Then go home and surf all the gun retailer websites and max out your credit card!
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:11:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, youse guys all deserve at least one day of R&R especially if you can be with family. I'll bet some of you can't and it's going to be tough.  Bless you and your family and your home especially if you have a father, child, wife, sister, brother, cousin or even just a friend or neighbor who is currently deployed and serving this country.

We've got 15 coming and we'll be just able to fit everyone around our old table.  At 16 we'd have to go to a buffet style meal.  Enjoy your day, fellas.

Rome aka Cabinetman

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:21:06 PM EDT
[#4]
This will be the last Thanksgiving with my son for a while. He ships out January 7 for his Navy career.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:29:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Special time together! I know the feeling when your son moves away for the foreseeable future.  It's a knot in your gut.  Just keep calm and carry on!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:43:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Happy thanksgiving !
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:59:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:12:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Happy Thanksgiving
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:18:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Happy Thanksgiving all!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:33:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Going to be a quiet day in my household, just my wife and our kids for dinner. Not going anywhere and just a couple friends coming over late afternoon for some dessert. Looking forward to a good meal and some good laughs with my family.

God bless all the men and women in harms way.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:44:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This will be the last Thanksgiving with my son for a while. He ships out January 7 for his Navy career.
View Quote

I can't imagine what it must have been like in decades past. I'm not a religious man, but if He is real, may God bless each and every one of em.

Technology is amazing. Make sure you're both hooked up before he leaves, get him whatever he needs. I FaceTimed my brother in Japan via iPhones last night for a good hour and a half. On Christmas we hook up the iPad's to the tvs and its life size with the whole family. It's ALMOST like he's in the room. I know not quite the same thing but better than not.

Son of a bitch bought a MINT 92' Skyline GTR he couldn't stop showing me.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:05:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I can't imagine what it must have been like in decades past. I'm not a religious man, but if He is real, may God bless each and every one of em.

Technology is amazing. Make sure you're both hooked up before he leaves, get him whatever he needs. I FaceTimed my brother in Japan via iPhones last night for a good hour and a half. On Christmas we hook up the iPad's to the tvs and its life size with the whole family. It's ALMOST like he's in the room. I know not quite the same thing but better than not.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I grew up in the "olden" days with rotary dial phones and remember our first color TV.

I Facetime with my son and wife when I am traveling on business. It is so awesome that we can talk anywhere you get a cell or WiFi signal. Depending on where the Navy has him deployed we may or may not be able to talk or email because of the mission. Time will tell. Dad did submarines when I was little. Mom would not hear from him for 2-3 months and when she did it was a telegram.

I am happy for him and it is really exciting to watch him become a man.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:29:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Happy thanksgiving everybody!

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:14:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I hope everyone has a great day
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:19:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Happy Thanksgiving!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:35:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm 45, and this is the first time I've ever hosted Thanksgiving at my house.  We got a new house this year, so having Thanksgiving here is a really special to my wife and I.  

My wife, my kids, and my parents are all happy and healthy, so I have a lot to be thankful for.

Here's to you all, it's almost TURKEY TIME!!!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:55:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I'm 45, and this is the first time I've ever hosted Thanksgiving at my house.  We got a new house this year, so having Thanksgiving here is a really special to my wife and I.  

My wife, my kids, and my parents are all happy and healthy, so I have a lot to be thankful for.

View Quote
We hosted thanksgiving a few times. We've had over 26 people each time , total chaos but love doing it. Congratulations on the new home!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm jealous!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:24:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Happy Thanksgiving!  Hosted my parents & my brother & sister + their families

The bar was set up and lubricated the gathering!

Smoked a turkey - it came out nice!

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:53:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Happy Thanksgiving!  Hosted my parents & my brother & sister + their families

The bar was set up and lubricated the gathering!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/JeepinMaxx/Pics/Bar%202015_zpszy63y6yt.jpg

Smoked a turkey - it came out nice!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/JeepinMaxx/Pics/Smoked%20Turkey%201015_HDR_zpsyznuhthh.jpg
View Quote

Nice lookin bird. What is the bottle on the far right?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:08:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Booze list - Ciroc, Ketel one, Makers Mark, Patron Blanco, Gordens, Disaronno.

The Turkey came out great - brined it overnight and smoked it for 2 1/2 hours
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:53:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

We hosted thanksgiving a few times. We've had over 26 people each time , total chaos but love doing it. Congratulations on the new home!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.  We only had 8, but it went off without a hitch.    Good times!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top