Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2015 12:35:18 AM EDT

Figured I would start a new thread for those interested.

Anyone into nvg around here?

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:42:27 AM EDT
[#1]
NUcadet has some and has a buddy who ownes an NV company.   He'll chime in later.  

Also, what pic did you post?  I can't see it on my phone
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 8:46:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Desperately want. I just cant figure out what to spend money on next. So many things
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 9:48:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Desperately want. I just cant figure out what to spend money on next. So many things
View Quote

I want to, no idea what I would use it for. Would work great finding the toilet in the middle of the night
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 10:07:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Have several. Very expensive toy if you dont have a legit use for it/them.

Also have a thermal, FLIR for the hog and pest hunting win.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 10:25:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
NUcadet has some and has a buddy who ownes an NV company.   He'll chime in later.  

View Quote

Pic is of my helmet set up and night rifle. Can others see the image?

Yes i agree it is expensive but I enjoy it to make it almost worth it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 10:51:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes the picture is visible.

I would like NV but not sure what I would do with it other than walk around at night in the dark. I do know it would sure give my wife something else to make fun of me for.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 11:12:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Nightlong Industries (gigity) comes highly reccomended. A veteran owned business who individually refurbishes military night vision. He's supposed to have good prices and service.

I can't afford that kinda stuff yet. Hopefully someday.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 11:16:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Nightlong Industries (gigity) comes highly reccomended. A veteran owned business who individually refurbishes military night vision. He's supposed to have good prices and service.

View Quote

I would rather use the money to buy cheap and stack deep.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 12:46:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I want to, no idea what I would use it for. Would work great finding the toilet in the middle of the night
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. I would mostly just like to see what does bump in the night without lighting up my entire back/front yard. I just think it'd be fun/cool. My neighborhood has no street lights, most neighbors don't keep lights on. I virtually can not see anything out my windows at night.

Besides that, practical prepping purposes.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#10]
For me the tactical advantage suppressors and nvg add cannot be compared. To be able to shoot targets/objects in pitch dark is just plain cool. Its also nice to be able to enjoy the woods when most are sleeping. Night hikes are super quiet and relaxing for me.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I've got an envis m703 monocular. Still working on a helmet mount for it. dont shoot enough at night to justify it yet. Plus it's near useless without a ir light or laser
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 4:16:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Double tap
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've got an envis m703 monocular. Still working on a helmet mount for it. dont shoot enough at night to justify it yet. Plus it's near useless without a ir light or laser
View Quote

Agreed ir lights and lasers are necesary part to shoot. I have vampire lights and rmrs on most guns to be able to use day and night. Strict night guns are below.

Dbal i2 with m300v on sbr
X400v-irc with rm06 on glock 19
X300v on helmet
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 10:15:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup. Greyson hosted a NV shoot earlier this year and I did the demo for Nightlong. Had lots of toys to play with. Give Ryan a call, he will help you figure out what you want. You can also reach him through the site, his name is rbhoover,to be clear, he is a dealer for any companies and sells new units, not just repair or refurb so.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 12:58:34 PM EDT
[#15]
NV is a great tool to have, I use mine to see what goes bump in the night & recently to find my way into a new hunting area.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 4:55:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Wish I could afford to get into the NV game. They look like a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:43:14 PM EDT
[#17]
NV is becoming to hard to resist
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top