Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:39:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes I can go to 12" barrel and be fine but they are killing me. If the freedom shop starts transferring those things I will likely go for one but the state may tie that thing up forever. Sorry SB but in all honesty I don't have the memory capacity to try and retain info on laws of things I don't plan on doing. Now that I am starting to think about it, I make you dredge up old statutes due to my ignorance. Thank you for your patience and always having laws for us to read on the quick!
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:03:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes I can go to 12" barrel and be fine but they are killing me. If the freedom shop starts transferring those things I will likely go for one but the state may tie that thing up forever. Sorry SB but in all honesty I don't have the memory capacity to try and retain info on laws of things I don't plan on doing. Now that I am starting to think about it, I make you dredge up old statutes due to my ignorance. Thank you for your patience and always having laws for us to read on the quick!
View Quote

He lives for the that shit
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:47:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Any shops stocking just the lower? Might be time to head down to NGX for a conversation. I wonder if they could do a better deal on a few lowers for a few people.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 7:54:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok what if we go in a complete direction and find a mythical preban virgin lower, we could make a pistol out of that and carry as long as one uses 10 round mags and the barrel is not threaded correct?
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 8:25:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ok what if we go in a complete direction and find a mythical preban virgin lower, we could make a pistol out of that and carry as long as one uses 10 round mags and the barrel is not threaded correct?
View Quote

You have several issues in your scenario. First, is the issue of preban. Once a preban it can have all the evil features. However if a preban AR, that was transferred as a pistol or which barrel shorter than 12 inches, is an assault weapon according to the old two feature limit (magazine regardless of capacity outside the pistol grip, manufactured weight of 50 oz or more when unloaded) then it is an considered an assault weapon by the state. While it can be sold/bought/transferred and not subject to assault weapon registration, it is supposedly still treated as an assault weapon in all other respects. Second, if it is an assault weapon then it can only be legally possessed at those few locations specified by statute. It cannot be carried loaded while concealed between those legal locations. You could however open carry it loaded between those locations.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 8:37:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You have several issues in your scenario. First, is the issue of preban. Once a preban it can have all the evil features. However if a preban AR, that was transferred as a pistol or which barrel shorter than 12 inches, is an assault weapon according to the old two feature limit (magazine regardless of capacity outside the pistol grip, manufactured weight of 50 oz or more when unloaded) then it is an considered an assault weapon by the state. While it can be sold/bought/transferred and not subject to assault weapon registration, it is supposedly still treated as an assault weapon in all other respects. Second, if it is an assault weapon then it can only be legally possessed at those few locations specified by statute. It cannot be carried loaded while concealed between those legal locations. You could however open carry it loaded between those locations.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can someone give me a link to a place that outlines where an AW can legally be used etc?  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Keep barrel over 12 inches, problem solved
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Awe crap. Even if it's over 30" long? And this is why I am new to this stuff. Overly complicated and spins your head around.

Its meant to.  By keeping the laws nebulous and confusing, the state intimidates people into not doing things by keeping them guessing what is legal.  It gives the law much more power than what is actually written into it.

Unless your Madsmith and create the ultimate FU to Malloy with his. ATF classified "other" AIDS Cannon.

14.5"+pinned battlecomp ftw!

Im not stamping something I plan to leave in a vehicle. And the 4" isn't a deal breaker for me. Chances are I'll never need it, and if I do I probably won't be all like, "God dammit this is four inches too long!"
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 8:50:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Im not stamping something I plan to leave in a vehicle. And the 4" isn't a deal breaker for me. Chances are I'll never need it, and if I do I probably won't be all like, "God dammit this is four inches too long!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Awe crap. Even if it's over 30" long? And this is why I am new to this stuff. Overly complicated and spins your head around.

Its meant to.  By keeping the laws nebulous and confusing, the state intimidates people into not doing things by keeping them guessing what is legal.  It gives the law much more power than what is actually written into it.

Unless your Madsmith and create the ultimate FU to Malloy with his. ATF classified "other" AIDS Cannon.

But the whole time you have it and aren't using it you'll be all like ,"F yea! Check out my 11.5" with a pinned 1.5" quick silencer mount flash hider! I'm a bad ass bitch!"
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 8:52:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Can someone give me a link to a place that outlines where an AW can legally be used etc?  Thanks
View Quote

Sec. 53-202d. Certificate of possession of assault weapon. Certificate of transfer of assault weapon to gun dealer. Circumstances where possession of assault weapon authorized.

(f) Any person who has been issued a certificate of possession for an assault weapon under this section may possess the assault weapon only under the following conditions:

(1) At that person’s residence, place of business or other property owned by that person, or on property owned by another person with the owner’s express permission;

(2) While on the premises of a target range of a public or private club or organization organized for the purpose of practicing shooting at targets;

(3) While on a target range which holds a regulatory or business license for the purpose of practicing shooting at that target range;

(4) While on the premises of a licensed shooting club;

(5) While attending any exhibition, display or educational project which is about firearms and which is sponsored by, conducted under the auspices of, or approved by a law enforcement agency or a nationally or state recognized entity that fosters proficiency in, or promotes education about, firearms;

(6) While transporting the assault weapon between any of the places set forth in this subsection, or to any licensed gun dealer, as defined in subsection (f) of section 53-202f, for servicing or repair pursuant to subsection (c) of section 53-202f, provided the assault weapon is transported as required by section 53-202f;

(7) With respect to a nonresident of this state, while transporting a semiautomatic pistol that is defined as an assault weapon in any provision of subparagraphs (B) to (F), inclusive, of subdivision (1) of section 53-202a that the Commissioner of Emergency Services and Public Protection designates as being designed expressly for use in target shooting events at the Olympic games sponsored by the International Olympic Committee pursuant to regulations adopted under subdivision (4) of subsection (b) of section 53-202b, into or through this state in order to attend any exhibition, display or educational project described in subdivision (5) of this subsection, or to participate in a collegiate, Olympic or target pistol shooting competition in this state which is sponsored by, conducted under the auspices of, or approved by a law enforcement agency or a nationally or state recognized entity that fosters proficiency in, or promotes education about, firearms, provided (A) such pistol is transported into or through this state not more than forty-eight hours prior to or after such exhibition, display, project or competition, (B) such pistol is unloaded and carried in a locked carrying case and the ammunition for such pistol is carried in a separate locked container, (C) such nonresident has not been convicted of a felony in this state or of an offense in another state that would constitute a felony if committed in this state, and (D) such nonresident has in his or her possession a pistol permit or firearms registration card if such permit or card is required for possession of such pistol under the laws of his or her state of residence.

{Mods apologies for the 'wall o text'}
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 8:54:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Well dagum, thanks SB. It looks like scr with a current upper is my most likely option. It's too bad. I still need to find time to go handle one.

Or I can just go to the range every time I get in a car
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 8:57:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well dagum, thanks SB. It looks like scr with a current upper is my most likely option. It's too bad. I still need to find time to go handle one.
View Quote

Im torn between this and doing the bull-pup stock kit on an SKS like cabinetman was showing off a little while back.

I can be all-in on the SKS for like $500, too, which is a big plus in my opinion.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 9:28:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Im torn between this and doing the bull-pup stock kit on an SKS like cabinetman was showing off a little while back.

I can be all-in on the SKS for like $500, too, which is a big plus in my opinion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have seen Cabnetman's converted SKS. Pretty cool. if I find a cheap SKS I plan to do one too. For now I have decided to focus the bulk my funds on building up my reloading supplies and commercial ammo stockpile.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 9:21:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Who's going to be the first to make an aftermarket stock for this thing? Magpul?
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 10:21:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Who's going to be the first to make an aftermarket stock for this thing? Magpul?
View Quote

Can the monte carlo stock on the Ares SCR lower even be removed? If it could be removed a third party stock maker would have to include the channel (springs?) for the rat tail recoil mechanism on the Ares SCR BCG. Wonder if the SCR lower with stock is patented.

The Ares SCR lower:
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 5:34:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Can the monte carlo stock on the Ares SCR lower even be removed? If it could be removed a third party stock maker would have to include the channel (springs?) for the rat tail recoil mechanism on the Ares SCR BCG. Wonder if the SCR lower with stock is patented.
View Quote

The Ares action and stock is patterned after the Remington 1100. Most 1100 stocks should fit with a little work. There was some thought about the Magpul 870 stock, but the 870 doesn't have any recoil parts so that stock won't work.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 7:50:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The Ares action and stock is patterned after the Remington 1100. Most 1100 stocks should fit with a little work. There was some thought about the Magpul 870 stock, but the 870 doesn't have any recoil parts so that stock won't work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why does the buttstock need changing?
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Why does the buttstock need changing?
View Quote

My eyes do not like the look. An AR is not a traditional hunting rifle.
The buttstock portion of an Archangel stock would be cool.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 12:43:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 6:48:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top