BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:46:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Think ammo prices will drop back down after the election?  Atleast after the initial shock?
View Quote

No.  They're only going up.  Ever see old AIM flyers from 2005?  1200rd cases of South African 308 were like $300, steel case wolf were like $70 delivered.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:49:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

No.  They're only going up.  Ever see old AIM flyers from 2005?  1200rd cases of South African 308 were like $300, steel case wolf were like $70 delivered.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Think ammo prices will drop back down after the election?  Atleast after the initial shock?

Things will always go up, but there are fluctuations obviously.  We cant see the future, just didnt know if you guys thought it would be even worse after this election and not return to "normal" for some reason
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:51:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Things will always go up, but there are fluctuations obviously.  We cant see the future, just didnt know if you guys thought it would be even worse after this election and not return to "normal" for some reason
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

depends on who wins, if Mr Free errrrry thing or Mrs Email wins.....  up up up up up up and away with ammo and gun prices.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:06:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

depends on who wins, if Mr Free errrrry thing or Mrs Email wins.....  up up up up up up and away with ammo and gun prices.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. And/or then the new "normal" becomes .22lr @ $1 per round, if you even still get it.

Welcome to the forum, by the way, plinker.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:11:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yep. And/or then the new "normal" becomes .22lr @ $1 per round, if you even still get it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really hope it doesnt get that bad....

And thank you, I registered a while ago but dont post much as im relatively new to firearms.  Learning a lot so I tend not to comment much.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:12:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Milspec, I store my shit in surplus ammocans with a desiccant pack; in my basement in the room with the boiler, elevated off the floor as much as possible, the higher the better. The boiler keeps the room warm and kills the humidity. Plus it's out of the way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When stacking deep where are you guys storing your stuff?  Closets, cabinets, safes, pallets in the garage

Cereal boxes, cookie jars, under frozen pizza boxes in freezer.

Milspec, I store my shit in surplus ammocans with a desiccant pack; in my basement in the room with the boiler, elevated off the floor as much as possible, the higher the better. The boiler keeps the room warm and kills the humidity. Plus it's out of the way.

I like the ideas but I keep ammo secured from the youngster.  In a year or two he will be at the "curious" age and he will probably start poking around looking for random things.  Dad's old watches, Hockey gear, tools etc.  I don't want him digging into ammo.  All of my secured storage will be full soon and I need to figure something out.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:19:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I like the ideas but I keep ammo secured from the youngster.  In a year or two he will be at the "curious" age and he will probably start poking around looking for random things.  Dad's old watches, Hockey gear, tools etc.  I don't want him digging into ammo.  All of my secured storage will be full soon and I need to figure something out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When stacking deep where are you guys storing your stuff?  Closets, cabinets, safes, pallets in the garage

Cereal boxes, cookie jars, under frozen pizza boxes in freezer.

Get a real door and lock and secure the boiler room. Or you could get a big Jobox or something and lock it. Just think ammo can on steroids. Some weather stripping and a dehumidifier and you'd be gtg.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:30:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I have seen locks for ammo cans.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:55:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Jobox is interesting,

I have been thinking about a building a wall in the basement.  It would give me a 12' 'x 14' hobby/potential reloading room and storage area.  I would probably have to pull a permit to build the wall and door.  

I was looking for a simple partition with a door that I could anchor between the walls but the ones that I have seen are $$$.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:03:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Jobox is interesting,

I have been thinking about a building a wall in the basement.  It would give me a 12' 'x 14' hobby/potential reloading room and storage area.  I would probably have to pull a permit to build the wall and door.  

I was looking for a simple partition with a door that I could anchor between the walls but the ones that I have seen are $$$.
View Quote

Pull a permit?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:12:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Got all I need

Now I stock up on reloading supplies
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:17:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Pull a permit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jobox is interesting,

Pull a permit?

Do I technically need a building permit from the town for a simple wall and door?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:20:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Do I technically need a building permit from the town for a simple wall and door?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jobox is interesting,

Pull a permit?

Who cares, it's uour home, stop inviting the man into it.  If you build a wall in your basement and no one buy you and some family know does it matter?

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:30:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Who cares, it's uour home, stop inviting the man into it.  If you build a wall in your basement and no one buy you and some family know does it matter?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jobox is interesting,

Pull a permit?

Do not comply!!!
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:04:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone else use www.ammoseek.com as a reference point for other potentially good deals?
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:44:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Just received my order of 420 rounds of Yugo 7.62x39 surplus from Samco today.

I then made my twice monthly trip to Cabelas for ammo. I buy smaller quantities there that are priced decent to add to the stash.

And finally CMP updated my account so I can order surplus .30-06 for my stash.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 9:26:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Wideners is all out of IMI 9mm for $189
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 10:02:07 PM EDT
[#18]
50 BMG is so cheap right now some people are buying without even having a 50 or ever shot one before.

Because...why not???

Link Posted: 11/13/2015 10:28:19 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
50 BMG is so cheap right now some people are buying without even having a 50 or ever shot one before.

Because...why not???

View Quote

Surplus 50 ammo is good for decorations , that's about it
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 12:49:38 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm looking at this being a much better "investment" than stocks or tulips could ever be.

Seems pretty certain. And if not, well, that's ok too. I never liked tulips.

I do need to rent a storage locker though. It's getting absurd.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 10:56:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm looking at this being a much better "investment" than stocks or tulips could ever be.

Seems pretty certain. And if not, well, that's ok too. I never liked tulips.

I do need to rent a storage locker though. It's getting absurd.
View Quote

Hahah basically.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 11:52:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Stocks are doing very well... while that could change, so could the legality of your previous purchases
The key to buying is to diverseify along with buy low and sell high
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 11:56:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Stocks are doing very well... while that could change, so could the legality of your previous purchases
The key to buying is to diverseify along with buy low and sell high
View Quote

Exactly. I have stocks, real estate, firearms and ammo.

The firearms I buy because I like them. If they make me money that is a plus. Ammo I buy and stash. The price only goes up over the years so buy cheap and stack deep. I have my go to SHTF ammo and the rest is just for plinking.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 9:39:54 PM EDT
[#24]
2k of 9mm for $310 (free shipping)... 4k left.

http://www.ammoclearance.com/product-p/lh9mm115rn.htm
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 9:48:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is reloaded ammo not new.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 10:15:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:22:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it shoots doesn't it?  made by ammo company not bubba in his basement so who cares
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 3:52:41 PM EDT
[#28]

Sold out at Target Sports.  Factory 45acp for equivalent of about $13.50 per box of 50 shipped (including tax and shipping in CT) was a steal.  Got my 10 boxes of 25 on order and filling out the rebate form for $100 back.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 4:13:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Sold out at Target Sports.  Factory 45acp for equivalent of about $13.50 per box of 50 shipped (including tax and shipping in CT) was a steal.  Got my 10 boxes of 25 on order and filling out the rebate form for $100 back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Depends on what you're looking for in 45 Golden Sabers.  They are not sold out of everything.  I just looked.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 4:53:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Depends on what you're looking for in 45 Golden Sabers.  They are not sold out of everything.  I just looked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At $13.50 shipped its cheaper than steel case Wolf 45acp plinking ammo... so disagree with your qualification.  Call it reloadable Wolf if you like but that is cheap 45acp no question.

ETA: Looks like SWFA has close to the same deal but not available until the 27th.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:01:57 PM EDT
[#31]
AIM has 640 round case of brass cased 308 for $280 SHIPPED / effectively $8.75 per box shipped:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=A308ZQICASE640&name=ZQI+.308%2f7.62x51+147grn+FMJ+640rd+case&groupid=714
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:36:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Looks like Dicks is doing a buy one get one 50% off on ammo for black friday if some of you are out shopping anyway.

https://www.blackfriday.fm/adscan/dicks-sporting-goods/page/3
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:09:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
AIM has 640 round case of brass cased 308 for $280 SHIPPED / effectively $8.75 per box shipped:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=A308ZQICASE640&name=ZQI+.308%2f7.62x51+147grn+FMJ+640rd+case&groupid=714
View Quote

Yea.......  I may have gotten waaaaay too much of that.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:10:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Looks like Dicks is doing a buy one get one 50% off on ammo for black friday if some of you are out shopping anyway.

https://www.blackfriday.fm/adscan/dicks-sporting-goods/page/3
View Quote

How's that work, in store buying?  I may stop by friday
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:29:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Yea, It's in their flyer.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yea, It's in their flyer.
View Quote

Ya just found that today at my aunts.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:45:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 7:49:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Picked up some 9mm perfecta at Walmart since I was there getting diapers.  $9.87/box of 50.   Not a bad roll back price.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 12:19:44 AM EDT
[#39]
God damn ammo sluts......  

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top