Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/29/2015 6:50:53 PM EDT
You should be! These are the golden days of cheap ammo.... Buy cheap and stack deep for this will not last long brrothers!
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 7:03:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I would think we should be in the clear for at least another 8-10 months until people come to the realization that crazy eyes may very well be our next leader.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Im buying it, but I can't keep it on my shelf
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 7:18:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Just ordered 1000 rounds of Tula 7.62x39 today.

Link Posted: 10/29/2015 7:19:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Never stopped.

But still not enough. Ever.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 7:33:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Just picked up 9 cases of stuff from Widners. I don't need it all.  Going to order more soon so IM me if anyone wants in to shave some shipping costs off.  

Widners has IMI for gooooooood prices.  AIM is another one.

Or if you want to support the local little man IM Cobra here, he makes it by the bucket.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 7:36:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Not yet, but I'll probably start grabbing a box or 2 a week to put away.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 7:52:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You should be! These are the golden days of cheap ammo.... Buy cheap and stack deep for this will not last long brrothers!
View Quote

QFT

Since I started reloading after Sandy Hook I haven't bought much ammo, I may add a little to my coffers before the election however.

~g
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never stopped.

But still not enough. Ever.
View Quote

Yup!
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 8:01:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I am reloading 5.56 now. Soon to move into .45ACP and .30-06.

I buy some ammo every week. The 5.56 commercial is for the ammo stash only. I do not shoot the commercial 5.56 just my hand loads. The other calibers I am buying get shot. My rule is to never shoot more than 50% of what I bought the last time I bought that caliber. If I bought 100 rounds the last time then I only shoot 50. This way my ammo dump is building up.

This reminds me, time to order some surplus.30-06 from the CMP.

My goal is to have enough ammo on hand to survive a few years of average shooting if it gets that bad.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 8:08:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I loaded 40 rounds of .338 lm. Should be enough for the panic
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 8:13:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I've focused more on reloading components and 22lr.  I have been shopping Walmart clearance for ammo.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 10:01:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've focused more on reloading components and 22lr.  I have been shopping Walmart clearance for ammo.
View Quote

I focused on reloading components the last time... This time I bought...... Legos
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 10:19:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Just bought 200 round of .22LR today!

I actually had a large stash of WWB from Wally World in all my favorite pistol calibers, along with a few bricks of .22.  Although I reload, I have slowly depleted that supply (especially .22),  and am just getting around to building it back up.  Almost all of my shooting is pistol.   I like to have a good cache of factory ammo, and reload for the range.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 11:13:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm still trying to pay down purchases from the last scare..

Been thinking about a single stage RCBS or T-7 Redding.  Brownell's has them on sales and they have some good coupons right now.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 11:34:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I have all the factory ammo I need for years.

Last month I upgraded from a Dillon XL650 to a Super 1050.

If anyone wants to buy my 650 I bought it new in 2012 and only loaded a bit less than 1,500 rounds.  It looks like new.  Pricing will be about 90% of new.  No case feeder.  I will be putting it on eBay soon, so if you want it before it goes on eBay you need to move.  No trades.  Cash only.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 1:07:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have all the factory ammo I need for years.

Last month I upgraded from a Dillon XL650 to a Super 1050.

If anyone wants to buy my 650 I bought it new in 2012 and only loaded a bit less than 1,500 rounds.  It looks like new.  Pricing will be about 90% of new.  No case feeder.  I will be putting it on eBay soon, so if you want it before it goes on eBay you need to move.  No trades.  Cash only.
View Quote

Hahah 1050 is best!!  

Also.....  EVERYONE, look at widners website as I will be buying more from them soon.  Their stocks of IMI is priced VERY well, the 9mm and 5.56 is good to stock up on.  If you want a case of ammo let me know.  Add $20 for shipping and that will be your price.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 9:01:21 AM EDT
[#18]
I picked up five 7.62x39 200 round battle packs - South African brass cased ammo, for $40 each at a local shop this week
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 9:11:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I picked up five 7.62x39 200 round battle packs - South African brass cased ammo, for $40 each at a local shop this week
View Quote

Very good price. Samco Global has it for 28 cents a round.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 9:15:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just picked up 9 cases of stuff from Widners. I don't need it all.  Going to order more soon so IM me if anyone wants in to shave some shipping costs off.  

Or if you want to support the local little man IM Cobra here, he makes it by the bucket.
View Quote

This. The IMI 9mm 115 fmj is the best deal around right now.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 10:51:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where? Do they have any more?
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 3:28:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Want a case?  Comes out to $215 with shipping.  I ordered 8k of it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 6:44:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was at Columbia Center Sports.  They had two battle packs left.  They have two Norinco SKS (fresh out of the cosmolene) that come with a battle pack each when you buy the rifle...
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#24]
duplicate
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 6:33:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

have you shot any yet? if its decent I'd be in for a case or 2
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not personally however it's factory IMI so it's good.  IM me your number and we can figure it out.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Been eyeing the IMI 124gr that they have, also a nice deal.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:36:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ya I have that too.  It's going to dry up soon.  I'm only asking what I have into it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:39:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bought a case by mistake ..... Well that's what I told the wife
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:11:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't tell her anything.  I try to intercept packages when possible and disappear them.  

Maybe if I can get her to the range one day, this could turn the tide.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 10:25:08 PM EDT
[#31]
When stacking deep where are you guys storing your stuff?  Closets, cabinets, safes, pallets in the garage

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 10:36:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
When stacking deep where are you guys storing your stuff?  Closets, cabinets, safes, pallets in the garage

View Quote

Cereal boxes, cookie jars, under frozen pizza boxes in freezer.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 10:50:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Need ideas...
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 8:00:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I don't tell her anything.  I try to intercept packages when possible and disappear them.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you get a ups account (I think it's called 'my ups' or something like that) you can request to have packages held at the ups location for pickup.  Then no one knows since the package never goes to your house.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 8:55:34 AM EDT
[#35]
I like the way you think sir!
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#36]
I just have everything shipped to work
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:00:51 AM EDT
[#37]
I try to get home first and put the stuff in my workshop. My wife does not mind but she does make little comments. So by catching the packages I don't have to listen to them.

My wife does not really get on my case about hobbies. I make sure not to complain when she goes shopping.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:04:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I try to get home first and put the stuff in my workshop. My wife does not mind but she does make little comments. So by catching the packages I don't have to listen to them.

My wife does not really get on my case about hobbies. I make sure not to complain when she goes shopping.
View Quote

Pretty much the same boat here.  She doesn't really know what it is but knows its "hobby" related.  I just don't want to hear the comments either.

If I bring something in and she is around I try to "Navy Seal it" out of her view quickly.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:05:46 PM EDT
[#40]
PSA has .45 ACP AE back in stock today.  $12.99 per 50.

Yes, I know it's PSA  
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:38:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Not personally however it's factory IMI so it's good.  IM me your number and we can figure it out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IM'd you my number
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 4:44:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Anyone ever buy re manufactured rounds from US Cartridge?

2k rounds for $345 delivered
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:10:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Milspec, I store my shit in surplus ammocans with a desiccant pack; in my basement in the room with the boiler, elevated off the floor as much as possible, the higher the better. The boiler keeps the room warm and kills the humidity. Plus it's out of the way.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:18:15 PM EDT
[#44]
My SO doesn't say anything. When she makes a little comment I just say, "Don't tread on me" with a smile and she chuckles. Of course, she'll give it right back when I note how I can't open the closet door without shoes pouring out.

I picked well.

Whenever I get a package, no matter what it is, when I get home she says, "some gun stuff came in, it's on the table". Even if it's not gun stuff, she just assumes now it's so often hahaha.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:43:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Oh I'm not joking

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:24:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Think ammo prices will drop back down after the election?  Atleast after the initial shock?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:32:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Just a little bit came in today

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:30:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Don't lock those keys in the trunk. I'd hate for the New Haven police to have to assist you.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:34:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Think ammo prices will drop back down after the election?  Atleast after the initial shock?
View Quote

Yes, eventually, a couple years later. Maybe.

I mean, I can almost get .22 whenever I want still. If I'm lucky. Sometimes. If nobody beats me there.

And prices are still never going to be as low as they once were. It's virtually the only thing I get almost no buyers remorse over. It's a solid investment. Maybe even better than gold.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:45:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I mean, I can almost get .22 whenever I want still. If I'm lucky. Sometimes. If nobody beats me there.

And prices are still never going to be as low as they once were. It's virtually the only thing I get almost no buyers remorse over. It's a solid investment. Maybe even better than gold.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats what I figured.  Ive had good luck with .22 at cabelas recently.  Just not sure how much more I can store before the election.  Need to expand
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top