Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2015 2:47:18 PM EDT
Can I ship ammo to a CT resident?
Will UPS deliver it?
I assume I can ship to an FFL who could then give it to the individual.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:01:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Can I ship ammo to a CT resident?
Will UPS deliver it?
I assume I can ship to an FFL who could then give it to the individual.
View Quote

You can ship ammo to individual- provided they give you proof of eligability to purchase ammo... pistol permit, ammo cert, whatever ct mandated. Youhave no fear of arrest if youship however the buyer does risk arrest if inelligable

Wot to follow
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:22:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Buyer is required to have Pistol permit, long gun certificate or ammo certificate. The buyer not the seller is the one at risk.

Most online retailers will ask for a scan of you permit and driver license. You could ask for this or just ship and not worry about. UPS does not care. I get ammo and components all the time.

I, as with all here, appreciate you willingness to help out those of us trapped behind enemy lines.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:42:26 PM EDT
[#3]
P.S
Just ship the ammo!!! And skip the WOT!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:43:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buyer is required to have Pistol permit, long gun certificate or ammo certificate. The buyer not the seller is the one at risk.

Most online retailers will ask for a scan of you permit and driver license. You could ask for this or just ship and not worry about. UPS does not care. I get ammo and components all the time.

I, as with all here, appreciate you willingness to help out those of us trapped behind enemy lines.
View Quote

I wa born and raised in Hartford escaped in 1979. I feel for you with all the shit you have to put up with. The only thing I can't do here is open carry but it's not something I would do I don't care.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:46:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes. You can ship it no problem. You can ask if the buyer has a permit if you want to follow the letter of the law. I don't believe there is an exact procedure to prove it to you. It's more like : "The buyer must have a permit to purchase ammo."  And that's about it. We buy ammo from the EE and online regularly.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 5:50:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes. You can ship it no problem. You can ask if the buyer has a permit if you want to follow the letter of the law. I don't believe there is an exact procedure to prove it to you. It's more like : "The buyer must have a permit to purchase ammo."  And that's about it. We buy ammo from the EE and online regularly.
View Quote

There actually is a procedure. The seller is required to ask for and see proof of eligibility, which would be:

A valid permit to carry pistols/revolvers
A valid eligibility certificate for pistols/ revolvers
A valid eligibility certificate for long guns
A valid ammunition certificate accompanied by a drivers license, state ID, or passport

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:37:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

While someone explain that to SG Ammo?  According to him, he is just a one man shop, and cant handle anything "special", like looking at a pistol permit, or even shipping to an FFL.  Funny, he doesn't seem to have any problem getting the credit card information, or shipping address right!  Oh well, when I tried to address it in the SG Ammo forum, he deleted it, so Fuck 'em!
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Question answered ... let the derp, trolling, baiting, wot .....begin!
But please follow cthtf format for any of the above
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:46:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh, I am sorry, I honestly thought the question was thoroughly answered, and was just thinking out loud!
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:05:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

While someone explain that to SG Ammo?  According to him, he is just a one man shop, and cant handle anything "special", like looking at a pistol permit, or even shipping to an FFL.  Funny, he doesn't seem to have any problem getting the credit card information, or shipping address right!  Oh well, when I tried to address it in the SG Ammo forum, he deleted it, so Fuck 'em!
View Quote

Yeah, that's one of his whoppers. He doesn't have any problem accepting FOID card images from IL residents (see SGAmmo Shipping Restrictions). He has a place in the Checkout for them to upload it, which would work EXACTLY THE SAME for CT residents and their permits.

AIM will take my money (and my permit) without problems.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:32:40 AM EDT
[#11]
On that note, is the military exempt from your ammo laws?

We seem to be exempt from everything else. Not gonna pay $35 to get an ammo certificate. Only there for 6 months.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 12:20:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Oh, I am sorry, I honestly thought the question was thoroughly answered, and was just thinking out loud!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My response was not directed towards you, it was more of a observation on how threads like this typîcally go. Eventually it will go dildos and bananas. No flame to you
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 12:30:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

We seem to be exempt from everything else. Not gonna pay $35 to get an ammo certificate. Only there for 6 months.
View Quote

Yes. With .mil ID you can buy long guns and ammo without any of the new permits.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:44:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yes. With .mil ID you can buy long guns and ammo without any of the new permits.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you. Took me a few days to find the damn AWB exemptions. I'm not a fan of exemptions either, they need to make the rules the same for everyone.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 5:51:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yeah, that's one of his whoppers. He doesn't have any problem accepting FOID card images from IL residents (see SGAmmo Shipping Restrictions). He has a place in the Checkout for them to upload it, which would work EXACTLY THE SAME for CT residents and their permits.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is ironic, isn't it?  When I tried to use logic in a thread with him, he went off on a tyree about how all his employees and family depend on him (if he was to go to jail for sales to CT),  and which politicians we elect.  When I countered with the fact that the big cities overwhelm the rest of the state, and any minimum wage employee at Walmart just glances at our permits, with no further paperwork involved.  He responded by deleting the thread.  I think he believes he is making some kind of stand against anti-gun politicians, or is just too plain lazy to add CT to his automated checkout system.  Either way, there are a large number of vendors out there who have no issue selling to CT (legally).  They will get my business and my money.  I plan to move out of CT in the very near future, and will not spend money with SG Ammo no matter where I live!
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 5:52:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My response was not directed towards you, it was more of a observation on how threads like this typîcally go. Eventually it will go dildos and bananas. No flame to you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No problems!  I just wanted to make sure everyone knew I wasn't hijacking the thread!
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:59:55 PM EDT
[#17]
I ship in flat rate USPS boxes to save money.  Just don't say it's ammo and you'll be fine.

I've bought a LOT of powder from online distributors who have shopped that way. I'm always like ummmm. Wow.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:34:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I ship in flat rate USPS boxes to save money.  Just don't say it's ammo and you'll be fine.

I've bought a LOT of powder from online distributors who have shopped that way. I'm always like ummmm. Wow.
View Quote

Bad advice man! If you get caught shipping live ammunition or gun powder in the US Mail you will be facing a felony.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:43:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Bad advice man! If you get caught shipping live ammunition or gun powder in the US Mail you will be facing a felony.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And if there should ever be any damage to the carrier, you will be held liable!  My buddy flies for fed ex and he said that is his greatest fear--the hazmats that are not labeled
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top