Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2015 9:32:04 PM EDT
I have a couple of virgin lowers I own. They are registered with the state. I am thinking of building something like a pistol or one of those "aids canon" you guys talk about.

Does it have to meet overall length?

Max barrel length is 12", right?

Can I run a Sig brace on it or have they been disqualified? Seems to be no straight answer.

Can I use it with a flash hider?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:07:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't waste a registered lower on an aidz cannon.  Why make something ct compliant when it doesn't have to be.

My vote is for pistol and an sbr or an odd caliber like 260
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:26:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I wouldn't waste a registered lower on an aidz cannon.  Why make something ct compliant when it doesn't have to be.

View Quote

Precisely +1

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:28:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't want another caliber especially an oddball.

I do not want to spend $200 on a tax or deal with the sign off and fingerprinting, etc since this lower is registered to me personally.

I,will SBR one of my pre bans later on. That is why I was thinking the AIDS canon. Once I SBR the pre ban I could switch the upper to that and convert the AIDS canon lower to a normal gun.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:14:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I suggest pistol with a sig brace until a later date when you SBR it.

Just dont shoulder it.

I think my next build is going to be a .50B. Or .458. I havent decided yet, something funny big.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:56:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Just dont shoulder it.

I think my next build is going to be a .50B. Or .458. I havent decided yet, something funny big.
View Quote

i wanted to do one of these. ammo is just retarded to get for either. both can be loaded for, but even their components are hard to find
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:14:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

i wanted to do one of these. ammo is just retarded to get for either. both can be loaded for, but even their components are hard to find
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just dont shoulder it.

Yea, I have no real purpose, and Id probably rarely shoot it. Its just for novelty.

Why not, right?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:44:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote

I couldn't decide either, so I got both

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:21:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics damnit!
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:12:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have a couple of virgin lowers I own. They are registered with the state. I am thinking of building something like a pistol or one of those "aids canon" you guys talk about.

If they are registered, they could be built into any legal configuration. To preserve utility, I would intiially build them as pistols- since pistols can be reconfigured as rifles and then restored to pistol configuration under current ATF interpretation. (There used to be a time when ATF interpreted that once a pistol was configured as a rifle that was its status forever and would need to be registereed as an SBR to be restored to pistol configuration) /red]

Does it have to meet overall length?

An AIDS cannon is a firearm that is neither a rifle or pistol. Under federal law, that  would be a firearm with 2 grips and an overall length over 26" (unless actually concealed). [NFA firearms also fall under the other category, I'm not going there deliberately]. In Connecticut, that would be a firearm with a barrel over 12" long but not/not designed to be stocked. If you wanted to use a second grip without registration as an AOW, the OAL would need to be over 26" .

Max barrel length is 12", right?

Under federal law, there is no maximum barrel length for a pistol. In Connecticut, a pistol is a firearm with a barrel under 12" long.

Can I run a Sig brace on it or have they been disqualified? Seems to be no straight answer.
[red]ATF's current position on the sig brace is that if used as designed, the firearm is not an SBR. If used as a shoulder stock, then the firearm would need to be registered as an SBR if the barrel is under 16" and/or the OAL is less than 26".

Can I use it with a flash hider?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:39:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Pics damnit!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pics damnit!

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 7:56:22 PM EDT
[#11]
How about an integral 300blk?
Keep it a 1 stamp with a few quick welds.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 8:31:27 PM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics damnit!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/imtheflash/weapons/361fcff8.jpg

Hahahaha so awesome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top