Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2015 1:18:04 PM EDT
Who does the best work in the state or should I send it out ? Looking to SBR my Arsenal SLR105, have the parts and will be doing the tax stamp paperwork this week. Is it better to get a shorter barrel or just have it cut down ? Also this can't be put in my Trust if I recall ?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:05:40 PM EDT
[#1]
If the gas tube is shorter I think you would have an extra gas port no?
You can plug it and if the fsb covers it you wouldn't see it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:02:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Picked up a Bulgarian gas block FSB combo a while back at a great price for this future project Plan on going 10 to 12 1/2 inches to make it a AK 105 Bulgarian clone.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:05:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Who does the best work in the state or should I send it out ? Looking to SBR my Arsenal SLR105, have the parts and will be doing the tax stamp paperwork this week. Is it better to get a shorter barrel or just have it cut down ? Also this can't be put in my Trust if I recall ?
View Quote

There is a member here that is quite knowledgeable on the ak platform and builds , I am sure he will chime in if he is available- I used a well known builder which became a real pain in the ass- won't recommend him! Hardest part is pressing in the barrel
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Forgot to add... Factory shorter barrel is better, twist rate should prevent keyholeing
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:13:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you have the AK with the 16.1" barrel and fake flash hider to be non NFA or do you have a pinned break?

NUcadet07 knows AKs but I think is stupid busy, Matt from My Guns in Oregon does all my work, 4 to 6 week turn around too, does everything except refinishing.  For that talk to NUcadet, his specialty.  

If you want a short AK I have a pre ban Krink I need gone, IM me.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you have the AK with the 16.1" barrel and fake flash hider to be non NFA or do you have a pinned break?

NUcadet07 knows AKs but I think is stupid busy, Matt from My Guns in Oregon does all my work, 4 to 6 week turn around too, does everything except refinishing.  For that talk to NUcadet, his specialty.  

View Quote

.... I tried not to name names... So much for that
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:49:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He no want more business?  I'll ask him.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Polish Mini-Beryl on a Norinco 56s receiver I'd be willing to sell if there is an interested party. Currently has 16" barrel for easy transfer.

ETA: Not sure about local builder, but I have heard good things about NUcadet if he has the time.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#9]
It has a 16 inch unthreaded barrel. They were the Arsenal ban compliant version AK74 sold in CT back in the day. I like the Krink but think the AK105 is the best all around version  Really wish AK's were as easy to SBR like AR15's
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:52:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not set up for shortening barrels but I can replace them, populate barrels etc... I am very busy at the moment but depending on what you need done I may be able to help. Shoot me an email at [email protected] and we can discuss it. My shop is in north Branford, we are an SOT so the SBR work isn't an issue,
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have a Polish Mini-Beryl on a Norinco 56s receiver I'd be willing to sell if there is an interested party. Currently has 16" barrel for easy transfer.

ETA: Not sure about local builder, but I have heard good things about NUcadet if he has the time.

View Quote

That I'd love to see! I haven't seen one of those since Afghanistan!
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:30:19 PM EDT
[#12]
It needs a form 1 so bad.

If I keep it and sbr I was thinking about newer style backbone rail, butt stock and k-grip, but I might sell it to fund other projects .

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:33:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Gorgeous! That thing needs to be cut proper! I've still got a 5.56 Beryl magazine I traded a Polish Soldier for. I need a Tantal and Beryl. So many wants, so little money! Replace that Aimpoint with an EoTech and it'll be right on.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:34:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It needs a form 1 so bad.

http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s658/Johnsmyname/1_zpsh7ruhgqv.jpg

If I keep it and sbr I was thinking about newer style backbone rail, butt stock and k-grip, but I might sell it to fund other projects .

View Quote

Form 1, plz.  

That's neat though, who did that work?  Are those like the 7" 5.45 barrels and completely different than a 16"?

I know shops who have just cut down a regular 16" barrel for a Krink regret it because the rifling is totally wrong and they keyhole bad.  Too many places have taken shortcuts with the 5.45 guns and given the caliber a bad rep.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:48:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Krebs Custom built it. I bought it assembled, no idea what that current barrel is, I've never seen one like it.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:51:27 AM EDT
[#16]
From what I have read people have cut down 16 barrels with no issues at all but you have to have someone do the work that knows what they are doing. I have been searching for a 12.5 barrel in 5.45 for a long time
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:04:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
From what I have read people have cut down 16 barrels with no issues at all but you have to have someone do the work that knows what they are doing. I have been searching for a 12.5 barrel in 5.45 for a long time
View Quote

Is this the one that is just a short profile in front of the gas block? If so then, yeah, I can help with you. Those just need a cut and crown, reprofiling is where I can't help though. Otherwise you, Sardo, and Nutter can fight over the AK105 barrel I've got lol.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:33:07 PM EDT
[#18]
I cut down my Bulgarian 16" to 10.5" shortened the gas tube and piston. Used a combo sight/gas block from Kvar. It runs well. No key holing noticed.

I think when people try to go full Krink style at 8" or 8.5" the twist rate gets to be more problematic.

Protip for the DIY'r : Pin the gas/sight block if you test fire with a muzzle device or prepare to retrieve it from beyond the firing line.

ETA: I did also have to turn the barrel down to fit the FSB. And 10.5" was as short as I could go while keeping the standard hand guards. I still had to trim a little off the release lever.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:41:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Needs the works !!! Barrel cut back, crowned to 12.5"  Gas block removed and new Bulgarian GB/FS combo installed Might just SBR my AR first, and get a 30 cal can
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top