Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2015 6:28:51 PM EDT
I happened to be in the area today killing some time and stopped by. They were clearing out the shelving. They are officially closed now.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:47:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Geeze...........took long enough.  That place was expensive for virtually everything.  Without the firearms it really didn't have a lot to offer.  I frankly don't know how he lasted this long.

I was surprised that he didn't find someone else to be the FFL at that location and he could ply his trade with all the gear he had there.  While not a bargain basement price place it did have a lot of stuff that we'd normally have to order from a catalog, prices not withstanding.  Too bad.  That place was 3 deep at the counter when their sale was going on and I bought my fair share of hardware, too.

Rome
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:08:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep. Used to be my go-to store, bought a couple guns there and plenty of bits & pieces. Everything used to be fairly proced but after the panic and the loss of the FFL they really had to jack their prices and they just never dropped.

Im surprised they didnt do some kind of liquidation event . .
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:26:36 PM EDT
[#3]
During the height of the panic I went there looking for 5.56mm ammo and powder. They had some powder when nobody, including online, had any.

At the same time I was in the market for a 1911 and there were none at local stores. Riverview had lost the FFL by then but under the shelves you could see literally dozens of brand new Remington 1911s. I wonder why they never sold them to an FFL?

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:11:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Why did it take so long?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#5]
They had half off ammo and powder last week.  That brought most prices back line along with good deals on ammo like 6.8 and 300blk.

Like most, it was surprising of long the store stayed open.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:18:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Must have missed the CTHTF heads up for the sale.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:44:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I was in there talking to the lady 2 months ago and she said he was thinking about closing shop and selling their merchandise to a few local shops that he knows. Too bad, I can't say I'm surprised but I was hoping they would bounce back some day.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:32:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Agreed. I know the shop had issues, but this kinda feels like a victory for Da Man. FDM!
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:55:54 PM EDT
[#9]
What happened to northeast shooters? In Windsor Locks, Chris from Riverview I think was the owner?!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 4:01:13 AM EDT
[#10]
He has limited hours, but is still going.  I bought some pistol powder from him a few weeks ago.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What happened to northeast shooters? In Windsor Locks, Chris from Riverview I think was the owner?!
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:18:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is still open.

ETA: should have kept reading
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#12]
I attempted to order some taco G2's and a couple magpul stocks from them in person. I stopped back in every Saturday for 3 weeks to check on it. They were never ordered. The counter person asked me if I knew about Midway and said I could probably get them there.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:07:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It is still open.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is still open.

Did they ever get an FFL?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:31:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is still open.

Nope, and from what I understand he will never be able to get it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:32:34 PM EDT
[#15]
He probably sold a few 1,000 firearms at Riverview.. I am sure a few have bought there
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 3:09:00 PM EDT
[#16]
You remember their ad slogan,

"Riverview gun sales, Where the smart guys steal guns"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top