Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2015 8:35:31 AM EDT
For your Saturday morning laugh...

Police advise how to thwart, protect self from mass shooting
http://wtnh.com/2015/07/24/police-advise-how-to-thwart-protect-self-from-mass-shooting/

"Though many people consider buying guns to protect themselves after a shooting, police say they’re not the answer. They recommend carrying a high-powered flashlight instead, to temporarily blind someone who is trying to harm you. That way no one else gets hurt.

“Can you imagine an entire theater full of people that are armed and maybe the suspect is in the middle and now you have crossfires from every direction,” said Lt. Perez.

Also, pay attention to how you feel. If something doesn’t seem right, it never hurts to let them know or let someone else know who’s in charge.
"
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 8:40:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Lol thanks SB. Good to know I can leave my pistols at home and only bring my flashlight. Saves belt space for more flashlights!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 9:06:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I wonder if there is a limit to how many batteries one can have before it becomes and "assault flashlight"?

What a jackass. This is almost a stupid as Joe Biden's warning shot suggestion.

When that Lt. only carries a flashlight then I will only carry a flashlight. Until then I will carry what I want.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 9:15:31 AM EDT
[#3]
"High powered strobe flashlight causes seizure in mad gunman, the victim,who was shot 3 times, is now being sued for 4 million"
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 9:31:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"High powered strobe flashlight causes seizure in mad gunman, the victim,who was shot 3 times, is now being sued for 4 million"
View Quote

Also being sued by 7 patrons of the movie theater who suffered seizure-like symptoms as well as the movie theater for "jeopardizing the lives of its customers."
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:03:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:03:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Holy Cow, a flashlight.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I was thinking maybe we should carry a sign that says "I am a gun free zone". That way criminals will not come near us if they have a gun because it is illegal to be in a gun free zone with a gun.

Or maybe one of those toy pistols with a flag that pops out and says "Bang".
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:36:55 AM EDT
[#8]
A fleshlight would offer more benefitting factors in distractment.

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 11:06:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Makes me want to put on a winter coat and go to Fairfield and sit in the corner of a movie theater acting like a tweaker.

Can I sue for being rousted? Wack jobs have rights too!
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 1:53:42 PM EDT
[#10]
The Chief needs to be emailed and told to get his officers under control before they get sued by someone using a flashlight to defend themselves.

That is some amazing
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 2:26:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Leave it to a commie shit hole to advise "citizens" (we are actually prisoners) to use a flashlight to fend off bullets.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a flashlight."

What a fucking asshole!!!!

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 4:03:44 PM EDT
[#12]
What about a flashlight attached to a gun?

That's what I'm going with...

FDM
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 4:35:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Target is suing a man for saving a woman from being stabbed by a guy who was running after stabbing other people
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 7:38:14 PM EDT
[#14]
When you reach a level where you speak to the media, you are 87% politician.

I recommend a permit class to the appropriate folks, not all folks are suited.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 8:55:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Nobody needs a flashlight like that to hunt a deer.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:08:54 PM EDT
[#16]
This is why we should all wear PT Belts in public. The highly reflective material will temporarily blind all those wishing to do harm to you. The logic is flawless.

/thread
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I think that with proper training and, of course, sensible flashlight control laws, they might be onto something....or on something.

If only they had a flashlight at Sandy Hook Elementary......

I actually think I am 5 IQ points lower now than when I started reading that article.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 1:54:22 PM EDT
[#18]
When will the police be turning in there firearms for flashlights
The first time a anti gunner tells me to turn in my guns for a flashlight,I am going to punch them in their mangina.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:06:44 AM EDT
[#19]
I have a bright self defense flashlight.  It has a Glock 19 attached to it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Saw a video of a magpul flashlight that folds into a glock sbr. Maybe on the other ct forum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top