Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2015 8:28:14 PM EDT
I need money to fund my move so I'm going to be selling things. I'm posting this thread not as a for sale or trade thread, rather to inform my local brethren to check out the ee search by state link. If anyone local wants the stuff I'm selling, I'll give you a better deal.  

Also if anyone is looking for a nice acoustic guitar I have a nice Gibson advanced jumbo I'm looking to get rid of.

Please email me jvarga16@gmaildotcom (obviously don't spell out the dot)

Mods be nice and help me move!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:57:21 PM EDT
[#1]
We're gonna' be seeing more and more of these posts soon, I'm afraid.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:57:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm working on it...
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:42:46 PM EDT
[#3]
The trenches aren't for everyone. . . I just bought a house in CT.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:47:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We're gonna' be seeing more and more of these posts soon, I'm afraid.

View Quote

That's a good thing!
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 12:03:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Someone local should buy my acog I have listed.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 12:18:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 1:36:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I need to do the same thing as the OP I think.  

Fuck it I'm out, movin to..........  Cali I think.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 6:42:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I need to do the same thing as the OP I think.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 11:21:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, wait, really? California? Moving from one PRC to another PRC? Not sure which is frying pan and which is fire. Florida has palm trees too.....
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 2:14:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Is a carry permit obtainable in cali?

Thats really my only swaying factor on places with alot of awesomeness.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote
You have to suck some sherrif balls to get one. Or be famous

Or maybe that's only in LA
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 3:18:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
I would not call bullet buttons and a tiny list of purchasable handguns alot of awesomeness.

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I will never live in Illinois, California, New York, New Jersey, or anything North of my current location. Slow march south and west.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I will likely put up the good fight for my working years here in CT, and eventually retire to the magnificent Northern Kingdom of VT.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 8:45:46 PM EDT
[#15]
There is nothing to like about California. High taxes, more liberals than here, crazy high property prices, no water, worse gun laws, crowded and people are self absorbed assholes. Even the women are fake.

If I can't get a transfer I will finish my working years in this cesspool and then bail. I will not move to another Blue state.

I love Maine and New Hampshire. Vermont I can live without. Too many yuppies douchebags.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 9:22:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There is nothing to like about California. High taxes, more liberals than here, crazy high property prices, no water, worse gun laws, crowded and people are self absorbed assholes. Even the women are fake.

If I can't get a transfer I will finish my working years in this cesspool and then bail. I will not move to another Blue state.

I love Maine and New Hampshire. Vermont I can live without. Too many yuppies douchebags.
View Quote

Then you will not be moving to anywhere in New England.  Despite some people here waxing poetically about NH and Maine, they are blue states now.  Yes, some state laws may be better but in the end they voted for President Obama as well.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 9:50:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Then you will not be moving to anywhere in New England.  Despite some people here waxing poetically about NH and Maine, they are blue states now.  Yes, some state laws may be better but in the end they voted for President Obama as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It breaks my heart. I have property in NH, and will inherit a house in Maine. I was hoping for a quiet retirement up north. Now I may have to look some place else.
Mike
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#18]
There are assholes just about everywhere.

And not too many places to see redwoods or hook a squid the size of a jetski
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 11:26:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly that is why I am leaving. The northeast is infected with liberals. While I will miss the best seafood in the country, the fall and spring weather, the terrain, and friends I can't stand the politics any more.

I will be moving somewhere very rural. I am sick of people and neighbors.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 12:36:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I care about a carry permit about as much as I care what dress Bruce/Cait Jenner is wearing.  

Just leave my shit where it's at here in CT, sell some of it, maybe all of it, not sure.  
Lockheed Martin has some cool shit going on out in Edwards and my friend is from there, been applying and working my resume hoping I can get in.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 12:40:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Exactly that is why I am leaving. The northeast is infected with liberals. While I will miss the best seafood in the country, the fall and spring weather, the terrain, and friends I can't stand the politics any more.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The hard core conservatives aren't any better.  I can't stand either one.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 7:33:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

QFT

If you move far enough off the beaten path, politics have little to no effect on you.

I had an awesome customer, waaaaaay upstate NY. Guy had and did whatever he wanted, next neighbor was a couple miles, closest store was nearly an hour (literal old fashioned general store). I started bitching about the current politics and his exact words, with a smile on his face were, "who's the president nowadays anyway?"  I was jealous.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 1:29:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

QFT

If you move far enough off the beaten path, politics have little to no effect on you.

I had an awesome customer, waaaaaay upstate NY. Guy had and did whatever he wanted, next neighbor was a couple miles, closest store was nearly an hour (literal old fashioned general store). I started bitching about the current politics and his exact words, with a smile on his face were, "who's the president nowadays anyway?"  I was jealous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

QFT

I grew up in NYS. So far removed from NYC and everyone was a like minded american. Neighbors did not get into your business and the attitude was "it's a free country, do what you want". My friend that are still there say the attitude of the people in the area is the same just the state government has gotten worse.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#24]
This exactly my point,  i love upstate ny,  lived in the adk park for 6 years.  If i had a job offer there id probably consider it.

And although cali is a place I've never been, im sure i could find the same.
For me. Im simple, i dont need much, im pretty happy too
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 10:09:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I will likely put up the good fight for my working years here in CT, and eventually retire to the magnificent Northern Kingdom of VT.
View Quote

Careful...Vermont doesn't like cans yet.  New Hampshire does.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 11:10:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That changed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top