Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2015 5:13:49 PM EDT
I had some questions the Mechtech CCU legality in CT with the AWB laws.

1. Can I legally (in CT) add any glock receiver to the CCU or does it have to be manufactured before Sept 13, 1994?

2. If it has to be pre-ban and I own a post-ban glock does that constitute intent thus making ownership of the Mechtech CCU and the post-ban glock at the same time illegal?

3. Any other legal issues I should be aware of? I've read it can't have a flash suppressor or telescoping stock.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:11:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

1. Can I legally (in CT) add any glock receiver to the CCU or does it have to be manufactured before Sept 13, 1994? Since you will wind up with a centerfire carbine, with a pistol grip, it needs to be a preban  However, someone please correct me if I am wrong, I heard this upper requires the rail on the front of the frame of the Glock, something the preban pistols don't have.

2. If it has to be pre-ban and I own a post-ban glock does that constitute intent thus making ownership of the Mechtech CCU and the post-ban glock at the same time illegal?Good question, to which no one has the correct answer.  As written, the law would appear to prohibit you for owning that upper, and a post ban Glock at the same time.

3. Any other legal issues I should be aware of? I've read it can't have a flash suppressor or telescoping stock.If you couple it with a preban, you can have any feature you want.

Thanks
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

1. Can I legally (in CT) add any glock receiver to the CCU or does it have to be manufactured before Sept 13, 1994?

2. If it has to be pre-ban and I own a post-ban glock does that constitute intent thus making ownership of the Mechtech CCU and the post-ban glock at the same time illegal?

3. Any other legal issues I should be aware of? I've read it can't have a flash suppressor or telescoping stock.

Thanks
View Quote

Go with a preban Glock if your going to buy that kit. If your changing a centerfire detachable magazine semiautomatic pistol into a centerfire detachable magazine semiautomatic rifle then the rifle evil features and over all length (of under 30 inches) would apply. The pistol grip alone would make it an illegal assault weapon. If you have a post 9/13/94 manufactured Glock that isn't registered as an assault weapon then technical having possession of the CCU with a compatible Glock could be construed as having a part to make an assault weapon out of the Glock.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:45:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Go with a preban Glock if your going to buy that kit. If your changing a centerfire detachable magazine semiautomatic pistol into a centerfire detachable magazine semiautomatic rifle then the rifle evil features and over all length (of under 30 inches) would apply. The pistol grip alone would make it an illegal assault weapon. If you have a post 9/13/94 manufactured Glock that isn't registered as an assault weapon then technical having possession of the CCU with a compatible Glock could be construed as having a part to make an assault weapon out of the Glock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks

Good thing he doesn't have a post ban glock and he's shopping for cheap pre pan police trade ins as we speak

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:41:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies. I read the laws the same way but its nice to have others confirm.

@msg1956 - From what I have read on Mechtech's site the CCU is compatible with all gen glocks of the models they list but I'll double check before picking one up. Although for the price of even a per-ban glock plus the mechtech I might be better off buying a pre-ban AR... Then I can still own post-ban glocks.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:04:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw one at the freedom shoppe and it says preban glock in the description tag I'm not sure if its the exact same chassis you are looking at.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:15:08 PM EDT
[#6]
CCU kits fit preban Glocks without rails.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:05:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
CCU kits fit preban Glocks without rails.
View Quote

Thanks for the info.  Thought I had heard/read that you needed the rail (it might have been Hickok45 from youtube).

Exchange as much gun info as we can now, before Obama closes down the Internet for gun discussion!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:23:05 AM EDT
[#8]
There are kits from another company that require rails. Not sure which one. The CCU kit attaches on the slide rails.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top