Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2015 1:09:52 PM EDT
Today, Constitutional/Permitless Carry legislation, Legislative Document 652, was enacted by the state Senate by a vote of 23-12. This critical legislation will now go to Governor Paul LePage for his expected signature.  God bless them!  It's no wonder, then, that many people will now move to Maine. It's a fact that families are leaving NJ, NY, CT and MA due to onerous attacks on freedom. Maine will most certainly be high on their lists as places to go.  This shows just how serious that legislature and governor are about preserving the constitution.

Rome
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:45:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I think new Hampshire is close to passing it as well
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:09:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow! Good news for once on 2A
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:29:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think new Hampshire is close to passing it as well
View Quote

It is passed and awaiting a veto by our Dem. governor
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:49:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone know what this means for non resident? Is it now ok to bring any and all firearms to Maine?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:49:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I always brought my handgun to Maine.
But I was hunting, and only carried while in field. Back to truck it was locked up.
Wording is in the hunting guide that allows it.

ETA, I too am curious if it applies to non residents too. That would be sweet.
I wanted to get the non-res permit, but my firearm safety class was too old (more than 5 years) and I didn't want to deal with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top