Also this thread needs to be pinned

Police arrest suspect in connection to deadly quadruple shooting

Posted: Jun 27, 2015 5:19 PM EDT
Updated: Jun 28, 2015 7:08 AM EDT
By Olivia LankCONNECT
By Roger SusaninCONNECT
By Rachel RooneyCONNECT

HARTFORD, CT (WFSB) -
Hartford police have arrested a person in connection to a deadly quadruple shooting that occurred in the city on Saturday.

Police continue to investigate a deadly shooting that happened in broad daylight Saturday afternoon as a basketball tournament was going on.

Officers responded to Cornwall St. near Sarah J. Rawson Elementary School after several callers reported shots being fired.  A basketball tournament was underway on the basketball courts near the school.

In total, four men were found to have been shot, one of victims suffering serious injuries.  He was brought to St. Francis Hospital, were he later died.

According to police, the victim is identified as a 41-year-old man from Hartford.

Police said the three other victims are all in stable condition at the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Hundreds of people were attending the second annual "Heat on the Street" basketball tournament when the shooting happened just feet away.

"This is part of the city. It gives them a chance to come out, have a great time and just enjoy themselves," said Maurice "Splash" Eastwood, event organizer.

Police said they were not informed about the tournament.

"Anyone that might know anything, anyone that has cell phone video, anyone that has camera video of the event as most basketball tournaments are recorded, we would love them to come forward as soon as possible," said Deputy Chief Brian Foley

"I'm not going to allow our children, our community to be threatened in this way," Hartford Mayor Pedro Segarra said.

Segarra said the shooter or shooters responsible put hundreds of lives at risk including young children. He said whoever is responsive will face consequences. "We're going to find you and we're going to prosecute you. It's just not acceptable."

Police have since arrested 23-year-old Roosevelt Holmes of Windsor and charged him in connection with the shooting.  He is currently being held on a $1-million bond.

Homes is charged with criminal possession of a firearm, criminal attempted assault, reckless endangerment and unlawful discharge.  Police said additional charges against home are possible.

Police continue their investigation at this time and said additional arrests are also possible.

Anyone who may have information into the shooting is urged to contact the Hartford Police Department.

Refresh this page and stay tuned to Eyewitness News for more updates on this story.

Copyright 2015 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

by TaboolaPromoted Links
In The News

Read more: http://www.wfsb.com/story/29423970/hartford-police-investigating-shooting-near-elementary-school#ixzz3eMtrleX3
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:31:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Didn't someone die. I thought that was Murder?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:37:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Didn't someone die. I thought that was Murder?
View Quote

Hartford police have arrested a person in connection to a deadly quadruple shooting that occurred in the city on Saturday.

. He was brought to St. Francis Hospital, were he later died.

According to police, the victim is identified as a 41-year-old man from Hartford.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:46:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Homes is charged with criminal possession of a firearm, criminal attempted assault, reckless endangerment and unlawful discharge. Police said additional charges against home are possible.

Someone died durring the commission of a Felony. A murder. And he gets bail. WTF.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:57:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Homes is charged with criminal possession of a firearm, criminal attempted assault, reckless endangerment and unlawful discharge. Police said additional charges against home are possible.

Someone died durring the commission of a Felony. A murder. And he gets bail. WTF.
View Quote

Bail is almost always set, including when the defendant is charged with murder. Except in very limited circumstances, the defendant has a right to have reasonable bail set, which is high enough to ensure appearance (based on the charges, threat to public safety, reputation in the community, flight risk considerations, etc....). You also know that realistically, he's probably not going to make bail- especially if he doesn't have any cosignor who can pay the bill if he fails to appear. If he does, I'm sure he'll be watched pretty closely to prevent for absconding. Given the charges already against him, and the charges that are likely forthcoming, we can also reasonably say that the bail probably won't be modified to PTA or non-surety bond.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 2:46:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe we should note the laws that are in place that should have stopped these crimes as we go along. It may be a good read for the anti's and lawmakers.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 3:37:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maybe we should note the laws that are in place that should have stopped these crimes as we go along. It may be a good read for the anti's and lawmakers.
View Quote

I like this
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 4:34:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Somehow, someway, they'll come up with a reason that more anti gun laws would have prevented this, and completely disregard that the current laws were broken....
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:20:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Are they warming up Air Force 1 again for the piece of shit in the Whitehouse to come give the eulogy?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Are they warming up Air Force 1 again for the piece of shit in the Whitehouse to come give the eulogy?
View Quote

Whitehouse...you mean the Rainbow house.

I think the legal definition of murder is a planned killing, given forethought or something like that. Manslaughter is a killing that was not planned.

in this case the police may still be trying to determine if this was a planned killing or it "just happened'.  I would expect more charges to come.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:19:07 PM EDT
[#10]
He's being charged with criminal possession of a firearm. I'm sure this is because he's either not allowed to own a gun or he never applied for the proper licensing. In either case, I'm sure it could be argued that possession of an illegal weapon is intent enough. Also, if it wasn't self defense, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't on a target range, he planned on murder the second the firearm was gone for and discharged.

If these are even close to the facts, no reasonable doubt from me.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:21:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

While its a good idea, they won't care. It was pointed out to lawmakers (and antis) that the Sandy Hook murderer violated upwards of 40 laws. The politicians and ant's solution? More laws. They won't care because their solution to everything is more government control through laws and regulations.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:22:14 PM EDT
[#12]
It was a joke mostly. While we sit here and contemplate having a gun that is 14.5 inches  and how terrible it is. Criminals are out there not giving a care and facinig menial consequences as well. Still seems they will hit us over and over and now stall nfa transfers to those that actually care to pay, invest and still follow the law regardless of what is going on in dark Hartford. ''We have to do something!''. Fucking ignorance.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:39:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
He's being charged with criminal possession of a firearm. I'm sure this is because he's either not allowed to own a gun or he never applied for the proper licensing. In either case, I'm sure it could be argued that possession of an illegal weapon is intent enough. Also, if it wasn't self defense, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't on a target range, he planned on murder the second the firearm was gone for and discharged.

If these are even close to the facts, no reasonable doubt from me.
View Quote

That charge means that they are alleging that he is statutorily ineligible to possess the firearm (e.g. convicted felon, convicted of prohibiting misd., subject of prohibiting restraining or protective order. While we could readily make an inference that he doesn't (shouldn't) have a permit from that, carrying without a permit is covered by a separate statute (If the firearm was a pistol).
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Does that count as a 'school shooting'?  I thought SB1160 put an end to all mass shootings - particularly at schools?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:46:35 PM EDT
[#15]
another hot head off the streets, stupid piece of work

http://www.courant.com/breaking-news/hc-hartford-gun-arrest-0625-20150624-story.html

Martinez-Nazari, 27, was charged with carrying a pistol without a permit, criminal possession of a firearm, possession of a stolen firearm, first-degree larceny, weapons in a motor vehicle and possession of high capacity magazine,
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:20:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

http://www.courant.com/breaking-news/hc-hartford-gun-arrest-0625-20150624-story.html

Martinez-Nazari, 27, was charged with carrying a pistol without a permit, criminal possession of a firearm, possession of a stolen firearm, first-degree larceny, weapons in a motor vehicle and possession of high capacity magazine,
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Walter Martinez-Nazari was believed to have been armed because he intended to realiate for an incident during which he had been shot at, Deputy Chief Brian J. Foley said Wednesday

Spell check.... editor?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:46:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:50:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Video Here

Two thugs viciously attacked a biker in The Bronx and tried to make off with his motorcycle, according to police video released Tuesday.
The footage shows the 24-year-old victim stopping at a red light on the corner of Valentine Avenue and East 184th Street around 6:30 p.m. before the two men run up to him and punch him off his dirt bike.
The victim at one point gets beaten with his own helmet as the men brawl in the middle of the busy street.
One of the men then tries to flee on the motorcycle but is apprehended by responding officers, cops said.
Kirk Mcgowan, 23, was charged with robbery, menacing, assault and criminal possession of stolen property, police said.
His cohort, who is still on the loose, is described as in his 20s, 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighing approximately 180 pounds.
The victim was not seriously injured.

I love seeing "thugs" holding up their pants as they flee
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:03:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Video Here

Two thugs viciously attacked a biker in The Bronx and tried to make off with his motorcycle, according to police video released Tuesday.
The footage shows the 24-year-old victim stopping at a red light on the corner of Valentine Avenue and East 184th Street around 6:30 p.m. before the two men run up to him and punch him off his dirt bike.
The victim at one point gets beaten with his own helmet as the men brawl in the middle of the busy street.
One of the men then tries to flee on the motorcycle but is apprehended by responding officers, cops said.
Kirk Mcgowan, 23, was charged with robbery, menacing, assault and criminal possession of stolen property, police said.
His cohort, who is still on the loose, is described as in his 20s, 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighing approximately 180 pounds.
The victim was not seriously injured.

I love seeing "thugs" holding up their pants as they flee
View Quote

Well  o"s chiren and all. probably just wanted to borrow it
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 12:42:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 1:02:00 PM EDT
[#21]

How much says this person selling at the flea market has been there every week for years? Now it is fashionable to be "offended". The person should be arrested for reporting a false emergency to 911.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 1:15:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

How much says this person selling at the flea market has been there every week for years? Now it is fashionable to be "offended". The person should be arrested for reporting a false emergency to 911.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The seller was that little surplus shop next to Doogies, and across the street from Turnpike motors, yeah I would imagine they are at most Gun shows and flea markets in the state.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 8:49:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The seller was that little surplus shop next to Doogies, and across the street from Turnpike motors, yeah I would imagine they are at most Gun shows and flea markets in the state.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Military Specialties?
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 8:12:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Military Specialties?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Military Specialties?

Yup.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 12:11:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Guy shot trying to steal tip jar.

http://wtnh.com/2015/07/21/suspect-shot-after-trying-to-steal-from-hartford-bakery/
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 12:38:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

http://wtnh.com/2015/07/21/suspect-shot-after-trying-to-steal-from-hartford-bakery/

View Quote

+1 for the good guys. I wonder if he bought his gun at Hoffman's?

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 12:40:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Need more facts there, shooter may be in a heap of trouble in Malloyicut.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Ct open carry on facebook saying a guy detained in Bridgeport for guarding recruitment center

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 3:06:30 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Ct open carry on facebook saying a guy detained in Bridgeport for guarding recruitment center  

http://www.doingitlocal.com/2015/07/bridgeport-newsopen-carry-man-detained-by-police/

View Quote
That's shitty. I've never had any issue with OC in Bridgeport, lots here do...but god knows how they'd react to a long gun.

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#31]

Lol. No crime, but they seized his property and drove him home.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#32]
"Officers took possession of the shotgun for safekeeping, and to prevent further public alarm. Police transported the man home, and informed him he could retrieve the shotgun at police headquarters."

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:13:02 PM EDT
[#33]

so they told him to pick it up at the station so he could drive there with his pistol then load the shotgun in the car and drive it home rather than giving it back to him at his house

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:18:24 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

so they told him to pick it up at the station so he could drive there with his pistol then load the shotgun in the car and drive it home rather than giving it back to him at his house
View Quote
The feels man, its about the feels.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:53:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:43:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Ahh  New Haven.  here's another!  dead on the porch
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:25:30 PM EDT
[#37]
She didn't do nuffin'
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 8:57:35 AM EDT
[#39]

And the stupid games award goes to...

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 9:19:18 AM EDT
[#40]
More north end Malloy loving retards.....

http://foxct.com/2015/08/04/victim-in-emergency-surgery-after-shooting-in-hartfords-north-end/

Link Posted: 8/12/2015 3:00:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 8:36:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The drag racing cop wants an acquittal from the state supreme court

http://patch.com/connecticut/milford/ex-milford-cop-jason-anderson-asks-state-supreme-court-acquit-him-0?utm_source=social&utm_medium=hs&utm_campaign=
View Quote

94 MPH on Route one in Orange to Milford? Holy shit!
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 9:17:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The drag racing cop wants an acquittal from the state supreme court

http://patch.com/connecticut/milford/ex-milford-cop-jason-anderson-asks-state-supreme-court-acquit-him-0?utm_source=social&utm_medium=hs&utm_campaign=

You have to see the dashcam video.  The impact was horrific.  The girl who died was the daughter of a high school friend of mine.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:24:14 AM EDT
[#45]
so let them out early to play in the hot streets

http://wtnh.com/2015/09/01/heat-may-cause-early-dismissals-for-some-schools/
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 9:35:01 AM EDT
[#46]
WILLIMANTIC, CT
Two people were reportedly stabbed at an apartment complex in Willimantic on Saturday evening, police said.

The double stabbing was reported at the Village Heights Apartment complex on Cameo Drive around 8 p.m. There were more than 20 police officers called to the scene.

One person was taken by LIFE STAR medical helicopter to Hartford Hospital and the second person was taken by an ambulance to Windham Hospital. Sources said that both are in stable condition

http://www.wfsb.com/story/29967854/sources-stabbing-reported-at-willimantic-apartment-complex?autostart=true
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 12:36:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Noon 30 and no one has yet mentioned murder 25 lastnight?  You guys are slipping, or perhaps getting used to the body count in Hartford.  It reminds me of the body counts on TV friday night news during the Vietnam war.

Link Posted: 9/7/2015 2:41:52 PM EDT
[#48]
I saw it on WFSB, I'll post again when it hits 30
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 6:18:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Hartford police investigating city’s 25th homicide
http://wtnh.com/2015/09/07/hartford-police-investigating-citys-25th-homicide/
According to police, officers were dispatched to 32 Greenfield Street after receiving numerous 9-1-1 calls for the reports of shots fired shortly after 10 Sunday evening. Police also tell News 8 the shot spotter system in the area activated and indicated three shots were fired.

Map of Hartford Homicides in 2015

Police were told the victim, 34 year old Steve Vorise, was being transported to St. Francis Hospital by a private car before officers arrived on scene. Police say the victim suffered multiple gun shot wounds to the face and upper torso.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/7/2015 6:24:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Man injured in Hamden shooting
http://wtnh.com/2015/09/07/man-injured-in-hamden-shooting/
A 43-year-old man was shot in Hamden early on Sunday morning.

Police say the victim was crossing Morse Street near Columbus Street when gunfire erupted around 3 a.m. They say he was shot in both legs and taken to Yale-New Haven Hospital with injuries that are not life-threatening.

According to officials, at least three people fired rounds in the incident. They’re investigating to see if anyone else was shot.
View Quote
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top