Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2015 10:57:04 AM EDT
I know everything is on hold but Today I sent in a Paper, Individual Form 1 for an SBR.  The Lower is a post ban registered AWB with the State approval paper work included.  CLEO sign off was Danbury Police Chief Baker and took 1 day.  

Idea is to build a 9 inch 300 BLK mated to a Silencerco Omega which is also in limbo.  The Omega is coming through Alpha Dog Silencers out of Southbury.

Wish me luck and I'll update if and when anything exciting happens.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:19:46 PM EDT
[#1]
With any luck you will be all ready to go by March 2016. It's just around the corner
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 1:00:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Good to know chief will sign.  I don't live there any more but everyone I talked to said he wouldn't.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 1:01:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there a good step by step guide for an SBR form 1 that someone can recommend?
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 9:46:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Place to start : http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/257740_Complete_Guide_of_how_to_complete_a_Form_1.html

I do disagree with the order of the steps.  No need to engrave until you have approval.   Just don't "make" the SBR until you have it engraved.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 6:04:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I know everything is on hold but Today I sent in a Paper, Individual Form 1 for an SBR.  The Lower is a post ban registered AWB with the State approval paper work included.  CLEO sign off was Danbury Police Chief Baker and took 1 day.  

Idea is to build a 9 inch 300 BLK mated to a Silencerco Omega which is also in limbo.  The Omega is coming through Alpha Dog Silencers out of Southbury.

Wish me luck and I'll update if and when anything exciting happens.
View Quote

Yeah buddy!
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 6:25:55 AM EDT
[#6]
It would be nice, if the NFA branch continued to work on CT transfers, during the "hold".  But knowing Federal workers, they probably just pushed them off to the side.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:00:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Update:  ATF charged my credit card $200 on June 27th.  Maybe this means things are moving.

ETA, I found out because my wife called and said "What the fuck is this charge for?"
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:10:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Hahahahah

They take the money with the quickness

Now comes the wait.

And wait

Wait some more

Forget you even sent the forms in

Wait.

Wtf is this large envelope from the atf.....

Oh i did send that in.

Happy
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:27:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hahahahah

Now comes the wait.

And wait

Wait some more

Wait.

Oh i did send that in.

Happy
View Quote

Individual and trust submitted forms are taking 4 months or less lately.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 4:55:42 PM EDT
[#10]
please keep us up to date
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:22:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hahahahah

Now comes the wait.

And wait

Wait some more

Wait.

Oh i did send that in.

Happy

Back in the days before computers and cell phones, I had a paper (that's all there was) Form 4 on an MG get turned around in less then a month!  Ah the good old days!
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:14:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Back in the days before computers and cell phones, I had a paper (that's all there was) Form 4 on an MG get turned around in less then a month!  Ah the good old days!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hahahahah

Now comes the wait.

And wait

Wait some more

Wait.

Oh i did send that in.

Happy

In the paper only days of 2007, when cell phones did seem to exist,  they were doing that as well. For better or worse, as more people became interested in NFA found out about trusts and realized that NFA firearms were within their reach...and then Obama got elected shortly after, so the queues continued to build.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:53:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I've done the 11 month waits....anything less is a slice of cake

ETA: that was just the form 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top