Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 12:50:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Been waiting on a form1 efile for a loooong while. This explains it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 12:56:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Alpha Dog Silencers just posted the response they got from ATF on Facebook. iPad won't let me copy and paste from Facebook for some reason. Says all Form 4s are on hold pending legal review of current CT law, not a permanent change.

I doubt anything good can come from this.
View Quote

From their facebook post:

Alpha Dog Silencers
ATF NFA branch has suspended Form 4 approval in Connecticut!

Below is the response to our inquiry from an NFA examiner:
"Currently we are holding applications to register/transfer items in CT until our legal counsel completes their review of the state law. Please tell your applicants/customers to not worry as we are just taking precautionary measures to ensure accuracy in our records. As soon as we are given the green light, approvals/processing will resume. We have not been given a time frame as to when this will take place. We are working day to day awaiting the go ahead on the matter. "
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 12:58:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Alpha Dog Silencers

"Currently we are holding applications to register/transfer items in CT until our legal counsel completes their review of the state law. Please tell your applicants/customers to not worry as we are just taking precautionary measures to ensure accuracy in our records. As soon as we are given the green light, approvals/processing will resume. We have not been given a time frame as to when this will take place. We are working day to day awaiting the go ahead on the matter. "
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Alpha Dog Silencers just posted the response they got from ATF on Facebook. iPad won't let me copy and paste from Facebook for some reason. Says all Form 4s are on hold pending legal review of current CT law, not a permanent change.

I doubt anything good can come from this.

Alpha Dog Silencers

aka

Link Posted: 6/18/2015 1:26:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Not worried anymore !
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I just called, and the woman I spoke to said she hasnt heard anything about a hold up in CT.  FWIW

IMO if you were on the fence about submitting something, send em out like TODAY!
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 2:52:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Been waiting on a form1 efile for a loooong while. This explains it.
View Quote
More than 3 months? SBR? Surrrrpreeerrrrrsurrrr?

Link Posted: 6/18/2015 3:20:20 PM EDT
[#7]
3 cans and one SBR waiting. I'm pissed.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 4:56:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

it will all be OK!

As a side note
its better to be pissed off than pissed on
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 4:59:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

it will all be OK!

As a side note
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it will all be OK!

As a side note

Whats got you so confident nutter!?
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 5:09:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it will all be OK!

As a side note

NFA in CT is legal- mg's legal!, Suppressors- Legal! only confusing area is SBR's and pre/post ban construction. Sbr's have been legal here and I believe they will be again however ATF will be looking at things more carefully.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 5:33:44 PM EDT
[#11]
^Alright, I'm feeling a little better
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 6:41:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

it will all be OK!

As a side note
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it will all be OK!

As a side note

I'm more angry that they have my money and are sitting on items that I already have multiples of.

And for the record, some people pay to get pissed on Hahaha
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I have been procrastinating on SBRing a pre ban or two.

Guess I should at least go get them transferred into my trust. Then maybe I will efile and see what happens.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 8:30:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't know how I missed this.  Guess mine just squeaked by.  SBR approval came in last week.

I think at the end of all this, it will be fine.  Just seems like a clarification to get everyone on the same page.

Or I could be totally, horribly wrong.

But I'm going with fine for now.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 8:43:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Hopefully they finally sort out the preban aw cert thing for good.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 3:11:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hopefully they finally sort out the preban aw cert thing for good.
View Quote

Or just approve what ever form 1 for SBR/SBS that comes across their desk filled out correctly and let the end user make sure he/she's in accordance with the local CT douchebaggery.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:32:30 PM EDT
[#17]
i Efiled 3 SBR on 3/18 and i am watching my email today. the nfa tracker shows some one approved from 3/17 yesterday so we will see if my three come through soon. should be any day now if it does. was thinking about a full auto next but this makes me wonder if i should spend the money and hope or wait and see if it works itself out before i spend that much. FDM. So ready to GTFO of here.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:50:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Ok time to SBR my colt.  Commando here I come.

FDM.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 3:18:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Any actual news?
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 5:03:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Any actual news?
View Quote

You mean other than 2nd/3rd hand reports and general...

No.

Chances are this isn't the kind of thing either side (ATF or the gun haters at CT.GOV) will publicly and or quietly announce until there is some sort final opinion "consensus" from ATF... that the CT.GOV gun haters are happy with.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#21]
i spoke with delta arsenal today and was asking about this and when they called ATF they were told the same thing. transfers on hold til they weed through this bullshit laws. probably more towards SBR form 1. total bullshit either way. which is why i am hesitating to spend thousands on full auto. what if i buy then cannot take possession. fuck this place. have to sell out of state before i take possession. waiting til they square it away except for the three forms 1 i already have sitting there. no email approval today. FDM
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 5:12:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
i spoke with delta arsenal today and was asking about this and when they called ATF they were told the same thing. transfers on hold til they weed through this bullshit laws. probably more towards SBR form 1. total bullshit either way. which is why i am hesitating to spend thousands on full auto. what if i buy then cannot take possession. fuck this place. have to sell out of state before i take possession. waiting til they square it away except for the three forms 1 i already have sitting there. no email approval today. FDM
View Quote

Im waiting on my first MG right now(already in state), and was about to pick up another.......quite the gamble

Oh and thanks SB! haha
I called today and spoke to a woman who said, yep all transfers are on hold for CT.....no ETA.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:12:03 PM EDT
[#23]
I can be patient with this nonsense as long as they are still "working" on the forms.  I can understand not "approving or transferring" but at least get the forms through the process in the mean time.

Cans for sure and maybe MG's should not be getting held up.  Especially cans, they are cut n dry and should be totally unaffected.  Its a total "up yours" by holding up form 4's on suppressors.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 8:52:58 AM EDT
[#24]
^ This

If they said give us a week or two to get this figured out and everything will resume.....I don't think anyone would be really worried.  It's the not knowing that's horrible.
We don't know what the outcome could be(mainly because we don't know REALLY why this has happened) or how long this could take(months,years?). So that's pretty scary.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 9:27:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Anyone good with FOI requests?
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 11:06:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I did a bunch of them when I was a union president. Pretty simple stuff, really.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I did a bunch of them when I was a union president. Pretty simple stuff, really.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How long do those take?  By the time we would get a response, Hillary will have already banned firearms outright....
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 12:15:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Has anyone talked to DESSP yet and gotten their take on things?
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 7:38:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think that is a good idea. I also don't think it's a good idea to go calling state reps or congress critters! Wait and see what happens. Law is on our side- sue if needed
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 8:37:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I don't think that is a good idea. I also don't think it's a good idea to go calling state reps or congress critters! Wait and see what happens. Law is on our side- sue if needed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I definitely agree with this.
But the only issue could be the waiting part....this is the government, we could be waiting for years.....
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 9:00:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

But the only issue could be the waiting part....this is the government, we could be waiting for years.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In my humble opinion, I think you are getting a little carried away here. Years? Why not decades? Slow down, breathe deep. We will get thru this, until then ... Please stop working each other up!
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 9:46:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Problem. CT laws.
Solution move out of state.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 12:11:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

How long do those take?  By the time we would get a response, Hillary will have already banned firearms outright....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, the times can be lengthy... It depends on how badly the agency wants to keep the material a secret, and there isn't a guarantee the request will be honored.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 10:53:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can see no harm in contacting DESPP, from the state perspective, what DONT they know?  They have always been helpful and cooperative for me, and would most likely share any information they are authorized to.

Given that the ENTIRE CT congressional delegation are Obama thralls, contacting ANY of them would not be helpful at the least.

I had contacted my state rep (solidly pro-2A) to make some quiet inquires, but after numerous comments on another board,  I waved him off.

Patience is probably the best counsel right now.  None of us can do anything about what is going on, so we just need to ride it out, and take the appropriate actions when the dust settles.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 11:09:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sent one to ATF Disclosure Division in DC in January. They never even sent me an acknowledgement
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I sent one to ATF Disclosure Division in DC in January. They never even sent me an acknowledgement
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Delay, deny, deflect, ignore.  All words a government bureaucracy lives by!
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:26:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Any one have an update?  I have two cans in the hook!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:29:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wish!  
2 MG's for me
No news at all......pretty ridiculous!
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:55:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Check on ctguntalk

Guy was saying that if you want to register a "preban" rifle now- you need proof it is a preban- proof as in letter
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:10:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Check on ctguntalk

Guy was saying that if you want to register a "preban" rifle now- you need proof it is a preban- proof as in letter
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check on ctguntalk

Yea I wonder if this is a repercussion of what's going on.  This will certainly alter the preban market, since there are only a couple companies which letters are available from.

I just wish we knew what was truly going on between the ATF and the state, and a type of estimate of the duration.  If the ATF just said approximately 6 months before they make a decision, id be happy.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:11:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yea I wonder if this is a repercussion of what's going on.  This will certainly alter the preban market, since there are only a couple companies which letters are available from.

I just wish we knew what was truly going on between the ATF and the state, and a type of estimate of the duration.  If the ATF just said approximately 6 months before they make a decision, id be happy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check on ctguntalk

Well - at least you can still buy it
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:19:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Peek preban
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:20:37 PM EDT
[#43]
How many of you guys call them on your stamps? I've never called.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:45:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any chance we could FOI request preban manufacture dates for defunct companies like bushmaster or Sendra?
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:58:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Any chance we could FOI request preban manufacture dates for defunct companies like bushmaster or Sendra?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some of these companies went out of business before the original awb. It would seem that a lawyer could put that in writing and that would be good enough. I think they will fuck this up and if someone sues- it could be a win for us.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:58:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was more thinking FOI any emails between the governors office and the ATF.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 4:13:31 AM EDT
[#47]
There goes AK sbrs.  

Quoted:
Check on ctguntalk

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 6:33:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
There goes AK sbrs.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
There goes AK sbrs.  

Quoted:
Check on ctguntalk

Greysons claims they are able to get letters from Norinco, I have no idea how. I'm picking up a G19 there today, I'll ask Mike for more details.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 7:10:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Since the Form 4s detail EXACTLY what the firearm is, and the issue is prebans, I am curious as to why there is an across the board hold on all NFA transfers to CT?  MGs, suppressors, DDs, and all manually operated SBRS have nothing to do with the this shit storm.

Again, if the issue is SBRing a preban, then the ATF should simply take the CT Certificate of Possession as proof enough.  In turn, the state of CT should officially identify which firearms are prebans, and publish an "approved" list.  Of course, that would be assuming the state/federal governments was not in the business of doing everything they could to prevent legal gun transactions!
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 8:23:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Since the Form 4s detail EXACTLY what the firearm is, and the issue is prebans, I am curious as to why there is an across the board hold on all NFA transfers to CT?  MGs, suppressors, DDs, and all manually operated SBRS have nothing to do with the this shit storm.

Again, if the issue is SBRing a preban, then the ATF should simply take the CT Certificate of Possession as proof enough.  In turn, the state of CT should officially identify which firearms are prebans, and publish an "approved" list.  Of course, that would be assuming the state/federal governments was not in the business of doing everything they could to prevent legal gun transactions!
View Quote

Exactly what I've been questioning since day one.
If all this has to do with is preban SBR's, why stop everything else.  And how long would that take to figure out? A few hours-less?  We have been on hold for at least 3 weeks now.  One of the SOT guys said he noticed it had been 2 weeks since an approved form came in, so he called, and that's how we all found out about this.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top