Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 24
Posted: 6/5/2015 2:15:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Andrapos]
At Hoffmans.

Gen 2 glock 23 serial number ASVxxx $399

2 mak 90s $1,800-1,999

Moderator edit 3/7/16
No price bashing/heckling allowed.  This thread is here as a courtesy to help CT members locate legally transferable firearms. This is not the place to whine about how much a seller is asking for their item.  If you don't like the price, move along..modrapos.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 6:10:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Andrapos] [#1]
edit - content removed, see below... Modrapos
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 6:57:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Andrapos] [#2]
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 8:39:01 PM EDT
[#3]
There are a few on the other site's classifieds for a good price
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 8:59:00 PM EDT
[#4]
A smart person would infer by who is posting prices on prebans the found. Might be interested in prebans. Just a thought.

NGX had a sported style Mak as well. Can't quite remember but I think they wanted in the $1400 range. It was a consignment.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 9:59:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 9:35:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Idc firearms in clinton ma had 4 or 5 preban glock 19's for a reasonable price. Not in perfect shape as they were pd trade ins.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 2:47:21 PM EDT
[#7]
2 Pre ban ar15s at the armory in salem
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 3:15:35 PM EDT
[#8]
What were they asking?
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#9]
What is the going price for a j-15 lower these days?
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 8:19:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Toadyrock:
View Quote

Not sure I would think 6-700, but just a guess.

I will say; dont forget that these are Cast lowers.
Not a problem for me, but for others it may be.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 10:03:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I've seen two j15  on the EE and asking price was 600 and 650.  This was a few weeks ago.

I suppose I'd buy one for 650 if it had a parts kit in it.....maybe.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 10:19:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 10:19:36 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

there is one on the "other" site for $825....
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:07:10 AM EDT
[#14]
I just bought my first pre-ban, a 1989 Buckmark that I had shipped in from a Cabela's in Wisconsin.  It is in nice shape, I took it apart and cleaned it.  I don't think the previous owner ever tightened the allen screws in the rear sight, so the think probably wiggled back and forth on his for the past 26 years.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:36:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GoodOlDave] [#15]
Prebans aren't that rare.  In fact I can open my safe and look at prebans all I want

One of the few fringe benefits of being old...
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:20:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By GoodOlDave:
Prebans aren't that rare.  In fact I can open my safe and look at prebans all I want

View Quote

I am also pre-ban Dave.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I bought it to put an Element2 on it.  If it is anywhere near as quiet as my 10/22 then I will be happy.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By edgephoto:

I am also pre-ban Dave.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GoodOlDave:

I am also pre-ban Dave.

Is it just my own perception, but does the 1900's" already sound like it was a thousand years ago?
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 12:45:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BUCC_Guy] [#19]
NGX has a killer HK41, preban M1A, a Hakim, and some ARs.  Also a CZ in 9x18 for all of like $220.  Nice buy.

Hoffmans has an SP1 for $1200.  Barrel appears to be an HBAR replacement.  Also has a Mak.

As of yesterday.

Couple of nice Nambus have been at NGX for a while.  I'm getting out of Japs, though.  Type 44 with defaced Mum for $1k.  Would be worth almost that much if Mum was intact.

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 2:13:25 PM EDT
[#20]
guys, do all SP1 model colts have the large receiver pin?
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 3:34:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Remydog:
guys, do all SP1 model colts have the large receiver pin?
View Quote

Yes, and are slab sided (no fence around the mag catch).
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:07:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By BUCC_Guy:
NGX has a killer HK41, preban M1A, a Hakim, and some ARs.  Also a CZ in 9x18 for all of like $220.  Nice buy.

Hoffmans has an SP1 for $1200.  Barrel appears to be an HBAR replacement.  Also has a Mak.

As of yesterday.

Couple of nice Nambus have been at NGX for a while.  I'm getting out of Japs, though.  Type 44 with defaced Mum for $1k.  Would be worth almost that much if Mum was intact.

View Quote

Any idea the price on m1a?
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 9:34:21 AM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

As of yesterday.

$2k

Wasn't in original config.  I didn't look at it closely.  I have an 80s Springfield.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 9:50:48 AM EDT
[#24]
The hits keep coming over on the other site. Every other day someone is posting a $1500+ build.

I wonder what's going on that so many are popping up at the same time?
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 10:06:05 AM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By Durham68:

The hits keep coming over on the other site. Every other day someone is posting a $1500+ build.

View Quote

You'd be amazed at the number of people that don't understand or follow state laws when they don't live there.  I travel the country and stop in at gun stores to hunt for prebans.  Old habits die hard.  I still know people that want them.  I occasionally run into them just collecting dust at a shop.

When people get wind of price markups in CT, they are more willing to part with stuff for a quick buck.  As far as they knew, the preban craze was over years ago.  Now, as AR prices are in the gutter across the country, they realize they're sitting on something that could fund a new build with all the bells and whistles.

If you're talking about local CT people dumping them, I can't explain that.  Maybe they fell out of love with their panic buy.

Link Posted: 6/15/2015 10:37:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: edgephoto] [#26]
All the pre bans I see lately are priced very high. Not sure if these are actually selling or if they are dreamers.

I picked up an original unfired Colt match HBAR with a small front takedown pin for a great deal. I had it on the EE for a fair price considering it is a Colt, pre ban and unfired with box and accessories. I had zero interest here. On the other site I had 3 people wanting it. I decided to keep it as it is so nice.

Someday when I leave this hell hole I will sell all my pre bans.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 3:45:28 PM EDT
[#27]
All the pre bans I see lately are priced very high. Not sure if these are actually selling or if they are dreamers.

I picked up an original unfired Colt match HBAR with a small front takedown pin for a great deal. I had it on the EE for a fair price considering it is a Colt, pre ban and unfired with box and accessories. I had zero interest here. On the other site I had 3 people wanting it. I decided to keep it as it is so nice.

View Quote

The problem is, something like your Colt only appeals to a certain person. I think a lot of the guys buying pre-bans are buying their first AR and want something more modern. For them, a nice used lower like an Eagle or something is more desirable. They can build it into whatever they want and don't have to worry about things like a sear block. Personally, I love my Colts. But, I've kept them all in original configuration and enjoy them as-is. When I wanted to build an SBR and realized my registered guns weren't in my trust and I would need a pre-ban, I tracked down a nice Eagle. For that purpose, I thought it was better suited than any of my Colts.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 10:57:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By 00RT:

The problem is, something like your Colt only appeals to a certain person. I think a lot of the guys buying pre-bans are buying their first AR and want something more modern. For them, a nice used lower like an Eagle or something is more desirable. They can build it into whatever they want and don't have to worry about things like a sear block. Personally, I love my Colts. But, I've kept them all in original configuration and enjoy them as-is. When I wanted to build an SBR and realized my registered guns weren't in my trust and I would need a pre-ban, I tracked down a nice Eagle. For that purpose, I thought it was better suited than any of my Colts.
View All Quotes

I totally get it. I bought my first AR in 1986 and still have it. I could not swing the extra for an HBAR at the time. Always kind of,wished I had the HBAR. So when I ran across this beauty I jumped on it. Then I thought I already had 2 other 20" ARs. So I half heartedly tried to sell it. I had 3 people interested but I changed my mind.

If you are going to build yourself a gun then Colt lowers are not ideal. Some have a sear block. With that you either need the Colt bolt or the block machined out. Most Colt lowers have the large front pin which requires a modification or and adapter. Most have larger trigger pins so your choice of aftermarket triggers is limited.

I have a few PWA lowers, and a couple Eagle Arms and an Olympic. These are better suited as is for a build.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 9:13:02 AM EDT
[#29]

You'd be amazed at the number of people that don't understand or follow state laws when they don't live there.  I travel the country and stop in at gun stores to hunt for prebans.  Old habits die hard.  I still know people that want them.  I occasionally run into them just collecting dust at a shop.

When people get wind of price markups in CT, they are more willing to part with stuff for a quick buck.  As far as they knew, the preban craze was over years ago.  Now, as AR prices are in the gutter across the country, they realize they're sitting on something that could fund a new build with all the bells and whistles.

If you're talking about local CT people dumping them, I can't explain that.  Maybe they fell out of love with their panic buy.

View All Quotes

I'm talking about the locals. There have been half a dozen or more offered in pretty close succession recently and they all look like builds they put some thought into.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 11:32:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GoodOlDave] [#30]

View All Quotes

The Colts with a sear block come with a bolt carrier group that makes it compatible with the sear block.  If people are building out their first AR then they are more than likely going to reuse the original bolt carrier group.

I have a Colt Sporter with a Frankenstein upper (Colt M4 upper receiver with a DD barrel in .300 BLK and a YHM gas block) and it runs like a Swiss watch.  Yes, I needed an adapter pin to get the receivers to mate but that was like five bucks.  Big whoop.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 12:09:34 PM EDT
[#31]

I'm talking about the locals. There have been half a dozen or more offered in pretty close succession recently and they all look like builds they put some thought into.

View All Quotes

Prime shooting season.  No holidays to need quick cash.  Market is softened.

No clue why they're dumping.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 1:03:12 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm dumping to buy more toys. Why else would I?
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 1:05:35 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm dumping to buy more toys. Why else would I?
View Quote

That's what I tell my wife.

Gun money is always gun money.  If I sell something, the money from it will still be used on more gun stuff
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 8:50:04 AM EDT
[#34]

I've been looking for one for a few months now.

I only need a lower - since I am building out a competition gun for my daughter.

Seems I am always to late when I do see one, that is realistically priced.

If you guys have any tips on how I can get better at my 'shopping' please let me know....

Link Posted: 6/17/2015 9:52:56 AM EDT
[#35]
What is your budget for the lower?

Link Posted: 6/17/2015 11:26:06 AM EDT
[#36]
I believe that I am in the ballpark with a  number that is between 575 to 700, depending if stripped, etc..

I see them sold for this, but not fast enough to get them myself..

Link Posted: 6/17/2015 11:37:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By f2f:
I believe that I am in the ballpark with a  number that is between 575 to 700, depending if stripped, etc..

View Quote

Buy a complete on gunbroker and sell off all the parts. you should be able to get down to $600 for a stripped lower without any difficulty.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#38]

Buy a complete on gunbroker and sell off all the parts. you should be able to get down to $600 for a stripped lower without any difficulty.
View All Quotes

This.

When you get bored, search for specific brand names.  Some rifles slip by the seller who doesn't realize it's preban, and doesn't mark it as such.

Also, are they still holding the occasional gun show at the Durham fairgrounds?  I grew up nearby.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 9:45:16 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

The high prices don't sell.  I was interested in your rifle just not enough $ on hand now.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 9:48:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By tommyt:

The high prices don't sell.  I was interested in your rifle just not enough $ on hand now.
View All Quotes

I changed my mind and am keeping it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 9:49:01 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

You gotta check the EE twice a day or more.  When u see what u want take it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 9:56:18 PM EDT
[#42]
I saw a PWA lower the other night for $450 on the EE. It was posted at like 1am. I could not sleep and came real close to buying it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 10:39:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Shoulda reposted that in here!
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 11:16:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Mikehikes:
Shoulda reposted that in here!
View Quote

It was gone by 6am
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:02:48 AM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Sure.  I think yours was priced well.  Other stuff I saw locally not do much.  I think you would have regretted selling.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 2:43:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Leon82] [#46]
At least 10 preban  lowers with stocks on greysons face book page. It says they just arrived
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 11:24:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 00RT] [#47]
Originally Posted By Leon82:
At least 10 preban  lowers with stocks on greysons face book page. It says they just arrived
View Quote

Yep, price is high hundreds to over $1k. That's way more than I'd ever pay, but not unreasonable for a shop. They'll be gone by the end of the month.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 11:25:29 PM EDT
[#48]
There was a guy selling a "pre-ban" "Match Target" on one of the FB groups. Does that count? Lol
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 6:10:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Saw a MAK90 on Armslist this morning. Apparently its in CT already...
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 7:59:36 AM EDT
[#50]
This one might be a pre-ban. If so it is a good deal.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top