User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 2:44:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

its not just the inner city ghetto, its the union workers as well. malloy gives them anything they want in return for votes
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the voters will never wake up. the corruption runs deep and is spit out by the media first hand. the mob believes any bullshit story that come out of the capitol. so in theory, the governor and his loons can run the state as they see fit, and nothing can be done about it. even after the state collapses and all the good jobs are gone, they will be able to continue down this road by shoving money around and raising taxes.

Why would the people who continue to vote for their free stuff ever wake up? These people never feel the pain of higher taxes or a crappy economy, because the money keeps flowing. EBT cards are refreshed, rent is subsidized or paid for, electricity and heat are subsidized, phone and internet are subsidized, shit you can even get a fucking taxi, paid for by the state, to get you to your free healthcare appointment.

Take a look at the map from the last election. Awful lot of red in that picture, and look where the highest concentrations of blue are. Draw your own conclusions.

ETA: Direct link to the interactive map...2014 Election results by town

<a href="http://s1315.photobucket.com/user/cjt1972b/media/CT%202014%20Election%20Map%20by%20town_zpsyqxj2zje.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t589/cjt1972b/CT%202014%20Election%20Map%20by%20town_zpsyqxj2zje.jpg</a>

its not just the inner city ghetto, its the union workers as well. malloy gives them anything they want in return for votes

I'm a state worker... and I'll be the first to say FUCK the state unions.  all of them.  I voted for Foley and would 100k times more
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 3:55:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Apparently the legislature will hold a special session to possibly do more damage to the state.
http://ctmirror.org/2015/06/04/a-second-chance-for-second-chance-in-special-session/

"Left undone were substantive bills necessary to implement the budget"
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 4:49:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Announced internally today...GE CEO announced the creation of a committee to look into the prospect of moving HQ to a more "business friendly" state.
How much of this is to squeeze something out of Hartford,how much is this to make Hartfords collective sphincters pucker at the prospect of losing a Fortune 5 company and how much of this is a viable threat is anyone's guess.

Link Posted: 6/4/2015 7:13:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Announced internally today...GE CEO announced the creation of a committee to look into the prospect of moving HQ to a more "business friendly" state.
How much of this is to squeeze something out of Hartford,how much is this to make Hartfords collective sphincters pucker at the prospect of losing a Fortune 5 company and how much of this is a viable threat is anyone's guess.

View Quote

It's probably not "will a move be worth it" but a "where do we move to" decision hahaha.  

Also yes everyone I know who's in a union got told to vote for Malloy.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 7:22:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lawmakers Say They'll Revisit Taxes: GE Tells Employees It's Looking Elsewhere

Gov. Dannel P. Malloy and Democratic and Republican legislative leaders said Thursday they are open to tweaking the tax side of a budget that has alarmed several large Connecticut employers. At the same time, General Electric told employees it has assembled an exploratory team to look for "another state with a more pro-business environment.".

GE's statement followed a press conference by the Senate's top Democratic leader, Martin M. Looney of New Haven, who suggested Thursday that General Electric's harsh criticism of new business tax increases in the state budget may be a cover for Connecticut layoffs already planned by GE.

GE spokesman Martin Seth flatly rejected Looney's suggestion. "This is completely untrue. The reason we have spoken out about this budget is that we need to operate in a state that allows business to be competitive," Seth said in an email response to a request for comment.

Fairfield's General Electric Explores Options For Moving Out Of Connecticut

GE says it's considering leaving Connecticut

GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt, of New Canaan, said in an email obtained Thursday by Hearst Connecticut Media that he has assembled an "exploratory team" to review the company's options to move to a state with a "more pro-business environment."

The email said potential impact on employees would be one of the team's major considerations.
Malloy said Thursday that he's been in contact with GE officials this week. "I think there was a misunderstanding about a budget and language that wasn't out for them to review," he said. "It's out for them to review now."

GE mulls moving HQ after Connecticut tax changes

Immelt claims the company's state taxes have increased five times since 2011 and the new budget would impose "significant and retroactive tax increases for businesses." GE—which employs more than 5,700 people in the state—started to consider the move "after a lot of thought and in the context of our ability to compete," he said.

"I believe we should pay our fair share and that all of us should give back to our communities. But, we can compare Connecticut with other states where small and large businesses have a better environment to thrive and compete," Immelt wrote.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 7:47:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Gov. Dannel P. Malloy and Democratic and Republican legislative leaders said Thursday they are open to tweaking the tax side of a budget that has alarmed several large Connecticut employers. At the same time, General Electric told employees it has assembled an exploratory team to look for "another state with a more pro-business environment.".

GE's statement followed a press conference by the Senate's top Democratic leader, Martin M. Looney of New Haven, who suggested Thursday that General Electric's harsh criticism of new business tax increases in the state budget may be a cover for Connecticut layoffs already planned by GE.

GE spokesman Martin Seth flatly rejected Looney's suggestion. "This is completely untrue. The reason we have spoken out about this budget is that we need to operate in a state that allows business to be competitive," Seth said in an email response to a request for comment.

GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt, of New Canaan, said in an email obtained Thursday by Hearst Connecticut Media that he has assembled an "exploratory team" to review the company's options to move to a state with a "more pro-business environment."

The email said potential impact on employees would be one of the team's major considerations.
Malloy said Thursday that he's been in contact with GE officials this week. "I think there was a misunderstanding about a budget and language that wasn't out for them to review," he said. "It's out for them to review now."

Immelt claims the company's state taxes have increased five times since 2011 and the new budget would impose "significant and retroactive tax increases for businesses." GE—which employs more than 5,700 people in the state—started to consider the move "after a lot of thought and in the context of our ability to compete," he said.

"I believe we should pay our fair share and that all of us should give back to our communities. But, we can compare Connecticut with other states where small and large businesses have a better environment to thrive and compete," Immelt wrote.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep ,that memo hit my inbox this afternoon around 2:00 pm
I guess a GE employee leaked a copy
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 7:39:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 7:42:57 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

ha and the public believes him !!
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 8:03:29 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

They're playing the fucking language semantics game and the fucking lapdog media won't curb stomp Malloy's nuts over the blatant lie. What Malloy will say is that his budget didn't RAISE taxes, it ONLY created NEW taxes. Everyone knows that is a laughable claim but that's exactly the kind of semantics bullshit he'll say. Its Clintonesque. Redefine the language to push the agenda.

Also its nice to see Malloy take a page from Obama's playbook where nothing that goes wrong is his fault.

Edit to add: Well Danny if its not your fault, then VETO the fucking budget and force the legislature to either override your veto or come up with a new budget. Somehow I doubt that will happen, he'll be a pussy and sign the budget while continuing to blame the legislature. He'll say the budget he signed was the will of the people 160+ legislators.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 8:09:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They're playing the fucking language semantics game and the fucking lapdog media won't curb stomp Malloy's nuts over the blatant lie. What Malloy will say is that his budget didn't RAISE taxes, it ONLY created NEW taxes. Everyone knows that is a laughable claim but that's exactly the kind of semantics bullshit he'll say. Its Clintonesque. Redefine the language to push the agenda.

Also its nice to see Malloy take a page from Obama's playbook where nothing that goes wrong is his fault.

Edit to add: Well Danny if its not your fault the VETO the fucking budget and force the legislature to either override your veto or come up with a new budget. Somehow I doubt that will happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Edit to add: Well Danny if its not your fault the VETO the fucking budget and force the legislature to either override your veto or come up with a new budget. Somehow I doubt that will happen.

he hasn't signed yet. hes thinking about what to do. AW ban was signed in 30 seconds.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 8:24:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

he hasn't signed yet. hes thinking about what to do. AW ban was signed in 30 seconds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So how long does he have to THINK about it????
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 8:28:17 AM EDT
[#12]
What arrogance Mr. Looney displayed for the cameras.  He might as well looked right into the camera and spit in GE's proverbial eye.  If I were GE (and I'm not) you can bet your butt that I'd very seriously be researching hard my options. It would only take a one-time write-down but the results would be an increased bottom line due to lower operation costs and much lower taxes.  You know that corporations like that have contingency plans that they can dust off and move forward with.  I've got to believe that there's one sitting on a desk being reviewed and renewed right now.  I would LOVE to see GE have a new conference announcing their departure for greener pastures and shove up this state's butt.  Looney you could not have been more aptly named.

Rome
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 8:34:19 AM EDT
[#13]
I used to cook Jack Welsh and Jeffrey Immelt breakfast, lunch and dinner! Good times ... Good times
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 8:56:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

He is trying to figure out how best to spin. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't sign it. If he doesn't it will be because of the media optics and having a LOT of behind the scenes communications from very displeased large businesses down along the gold coast area of CT. Malloy has to figure out which is more important. Pander to the progressive big city Democratic voting base or appease a couple of (in his eyes) rich fat cats from Fairfield county. What ever he decides will have NOTHING to do with doing the right thing (lower taxes, improving job opportunities, lower spending) for Connecticut as a whole.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#15]
If he doesn't sign it but also does not veto it, won't it go into law anyway after a time certain?? That would be one way out which would leave him on the fence.

Rome

Edited to add this:  I just got an email from an "insider" contact I have who tells me that when the budget was passed,  GE was offered a "Sweetheart" deal.  GE asked if it was for "all the companies" and was told, "no".  They walked.   Don't know what "all the companies" refers to other than probably their subsidiaries possibly.  But there was no surprise to GE when the budget was produced if my source is credible and I believe it is.  My contact say that GE is out of here.  I guess we'll see!

Rome
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If he doesn't sign it but also does not veto it, won't it go into law anyway after a time certain?? That would be one way out which would leave him on the fence.

Rome

Edited to add this:  I just got an email from an "insider" contact I have who tells me that when the budget was passed,  GE was offered a "Sweetheart" deal.  GE asked if it was for "all the companies" and was told, "no".  They walked.   Don't know what "all the companies" refers to other than probably their subsidiaries possibly.  But there was no surprise to GE when the budget was produced if my source is credible and I believe it is.  My contact say that GE is out of here.  I guess we'll see!

Rome
View Quote

I guess is wasn't so sweet.... we will all find out soon enough if they start packing their bags
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 2:59:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I figured Malloy and or top Democrats ran to GE and tried to work something behind the scenes after the GE "leaked" comments exploded on the media scene. Notice the curious use of language by Malloy from one of the articles I posted above; "Malloy said Thursday that he's been in contact with GE officials this week. "I think there was a misunderstanding about a budget and language that wasn't out for them to review," he said. "It's out for them to review now."".
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 3:09:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I guess is wasn't so sweet.... we will all find out soon enough if they start packing their bags
View Quote

I see GE's public actions and public responses as more of a negotiating tactic at this point.

I really wish GE would come right out and blast Malloy and Looney viciously. Flat out say publicly that the reason why they are going to move their business out of the state is because those two have NO clue how to run a state and have created a business environment that is so toxic and anti business that GE can no longer afford to keep their business here and still hope to make any sort of a profit. GE should put together an ad that points out how much tax money the state will loose if they and their employees leave which will cause Democrats to raise taxes even higher to cover their leaving.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 4:25:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I see GE's public actions and public responses as more of a negotiating tactic at this point.

I really wish GE would come right out and blast Malloy and Looney viciously. Flat out say publicly that the reason why they are going to move their business out of the state is because those two have NO clue how to run a state and have created a business environment that is so toxic and anti business that GE can no longer afford to keep their business here and still hope to make any sort of a profit. GE should put together an ad that points out how much tax money the state will loose if they and their employees leave which will cause Democrats to raise taxes even higher to cover their leaving.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh God could you imagine?!?! That might be one of the sweetest day dreams one could ever have!

Imagine GE's upper echelon loved AR15's and bullshitted their spare time around here. ha! Well, just incase . . . .

DOOO IITTTTT!!!! DO IT FOR ALL OF US!!!
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 4:34:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Oh God could you imagine?!?! That might be one of the sweetest day dreams one could ever have!

Imagine GE's upper echelon loved AR15's and bullshitted their spare time around here. ha! Well, just incase . . . .

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't kid yourself most of GE's top echelon are card carrying libs. I see what charities they endorse,one of them just loves Rev Als political action network.....I threw up in my mouth when I found that out.

In corporate speak GE essentially threw down the gauntlet owing there announcement .
If GE wanted to tomorrow they could pick up and leave and just leave a rotting complex in Fairfield,it's pennies to them. This is a tactic by GE to get concessions from Hartford or to get another state to offer the sun and moon to GE to move in which case GE would go back to Hartford and say look what this state is offering us to move,what are you going to do to beat it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 4:38:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Don't kid yourself most of GE's top echelon are card carrying libs. I see what charities they endorse,one of them just loves Rev Als political action network.....I threw up in my mouth when I found that out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get out of my day dream.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 4:40:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Get out of my day dream.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get out of my day dream.

If it makes you feel better I am middle management at GE...at least for now
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 5:06:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

In corporate speak GE essentially threw down the gauntlet owing there announcement .
If GE wanted to tomorrow they could pick up and leave and just leave a rotting complex in Fairfield,it's pennies to them. This is a tactic by GE to get concessions from Hartford or to get another state to offer the sun and moon to GE to move in which case GE would go back to Hartford and say look what this state is offering us to move,what are you going to do to beat it.
View Quote

Yeah that's why this talk of moving out is just a negotiating tactic at this point. There are a LOT of hard core libs who run large corps that are based on the gold coast. They see NO problem in pulling the ladder up behind them. They donate money to Malloy and Obama.

However when it comes to them paying taxes and doing business negotiations they have legions of lawyers, accountants, tax specialists, and media specialists to assist them in doing what's best for the top management and their business. If Malloy doesn't give them the deal they're looking for they'll begin the process of moving their money and themselves out of CT just like others are now doing.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Not only does it come down to what makes sense for GE's shareholder but it has to be what the CEO wants. If the CEO wants to move the company will move. My company had a CEO who hated Michigan and lived in Georgetown, DC. He commuted between MI and DC. He made a business case and moved the headquarters to Herndon VA. A ton of good people lost their jobs or had to quit because the real estate market in MI would not allow them to be able to sell their homes and move.

GE will move if the management board wants to move. Otherwise they will play Malloy like a fiddle and get the tax breaks and incentives they want.

Malloy will then spew how he saved thousands of jobs in CT.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Not only does it come down to what makes sense for GE's shareholder but it has to be what the CEO wants. If the CEO wants to move the company will move. My company had a CEO who hated Michigan and lived in Georgetown, DC. He commuted between MI and DC. He made a business case and moved the headquarters to Herndon VA. A ton of good people lost their jobs or had to quit because the real estate market in MI would not allow them to be able to sell their homes and move.

GE will move if the management board wants to move. Otherwise they will play Malloy like a fiddle and get the tax breaks and incentives they want.

View Quote

The sale of GE Capital will net billions in dividends and stock buybacks for shareholders.
As for GE corporate moving...there is only 800 in Fairfield so logistically moving HQ is not very burdensome
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 10:01:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The sale of GE Capital will net billions in dividends and stock buybacks for shareholders.
As for GE corporate moving...there is only 800 in Fairfield so logistically moving HQ is not very burdensome
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stock buyback!! This will boost my GE stock which has been stagnant for years.

Link Posted: 6/6/2015 11:39:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's one of the main things GE will be doing with the billions they will be get from the sale of GE Capital.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 4:49:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It's one of the main things GE will be doing with the billions they will be get from the sale of GE Capital.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

GE has so many shares of stock out, they will have to buy back millions of shares to make a difference.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 9:54:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

GE has so many shares of stock out, they will have to buy back millions of shares to make a difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes I know,but they expected to make a few hundred billion from the sale of assets from GE Capital they will use some of those proceeds in stock buy backs
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 7:39:45 AM EDT
[#30]
I used to work at corporate in fairfield - interesting and very tense place! Not an enjoyable place to work in my opinion
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 8:11:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I used to work at corporate in fairfield - interesting and very tense place! Not an enjoyable place to work in my opinion
View Quote

GE Capital is no picnic either
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 10:21:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Studdring dan will be on face the state @11:00 am channel 3  WFSB

Link Posted: 6/7/2015 11:03:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

He doubled down on his ignorance on Friday when he said that GE pays no taxes in Ct.
Like firearms Dan is proving his ignorance in the realm of business and economics as well.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 11:42:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

He doubled down on his ignorance on Friday when he said that GE pays no taxes in Ct.
Like firearms Dan is proving his ignorance in the realm of business and economics as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His dumbass statements are calculated. By stating "GE pays no taxes in CT" he has the low information voters on his side. This way when GE announces layoffs and/or a move people idiots will say "who cares they pay no taxes anyway".

Of course these idiots couldn't be more worng. Besides the corporate taxes GE itself pays there are thousands of employees who pay income and property tax in addition to sales tax. These employees pay tax on good incomes, pay tax on nice homes and drive expensive cars. Malloy will crow when he replaces these taxpayers with some more minimum or low wage retail jobs.

Also all the small businesses that will suffer or close because the GE workers are no longer are never mentioned. Coffee shops, hair salons, restaurants, upscale stores, car dealers, pet daycare and all the other silly stuff people who have money waste it on. Sales and property tax on a new BMW is much more than a 15 year old Honda.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 12:26:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Neutron Jack days?
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 1:09:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Jack Welsh was the man.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 1:21:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Neutron Jack days?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neutron Jack days?

Yes! Then Immelt took over, I never met either but I cooked exclusively for them and any other big wigs!
There were some amazing cars parked in the parking lot
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 2:01:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is not ignorance. That is him intentionally making the class warfare argument for the sheeple/low information voter knowing full well the media will not point out that GE and their employees actually do pay taxes, a whole variety of taxes.

You do have to love the idiocy of the whole war on the rich, and war on private business. They need those rich people and private businesses to keep their machine running yet do everything possible to drive those funding the machine out of the state. Of course the trickle down effect of GE leaving or laying a large number of people off will impact many other business beyond just GE. Going to be tough for Democrats to confiscate that capped car property tax they trumpeted. Going to be fun to watch Fairfield county scramble to make up the tax confiscation shortfall that would occur if GE actually did leave. The voters will once again learn that oldest of maxims. Elections have consequences. Not that many of those voters will care.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 7:55:46 AM EDT
[#39]
And so it begins: Indiana takes aim at CT companies and government policies

Indiana Strikes Back: State Takes Swipe at Connecticut

Indiana took out a full-page ad in the Wall Street Journal, lending its support to GE and others that have criticized the state's new taxes.
View Quote

Link to Patch story
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 8:05:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Link to Patch story
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Indiana Strikes Back: State Takes Swipe at Connecticut

Indiana took out a full-page ad in the Wall Street Journal, lending its support to GE and others that have criticized the state's new taxes.

Link to Patch story

good
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 8:31:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Mr. Malloy and his ilk are so far down this road that it's almost clinical.  They know it, too, but won't admit to anything.  

Link Posted: 6/11/2015 4:29:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Guys, now that I will be relaxing permanently at month's end, I am more than happy to do recon work down in The Gunshine State so let me know if you are approaching your own escape and need some advice.

Tuesday, I walked into a Gander Mountain store that was brimming with hardware including at least 30 different ARs waiting to be fondled. Prices weren't cheapest but who cares versus zero in CT.

I have decided that this will be the first thing I build in FL, and registering as a SBR.

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236259/27687.JPG

(having trouble embedding links on iPad)
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Mr. Malloy and his ilk are so far down this road that it's almost clinical.  They know it, too, but won't admit to anything.  

http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=JN.hHmzyKysUPCvQFNFInC5Ow&w=80&h=108&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&pid=3.1&rm=2
View Quote

Because Mao doesn't care. Why would he? As long as he follows orders he'll get some overpaid federal position somewhere guaranteed.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:03:22 AM EDT
[#44]
read in the ct post they are having a special session to make GE and Aetna Happy.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:23:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Sounds like they are changing a bunch of things around . Not sure what will happen now though
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:53:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
read in the ct post they are having a special session to make GE and Aetna Happy.
View Quote

Yeah sounds like they did some smoke and mirrors action to keep the big dogs happy (at least publicly). But in the end its still smoke and mirrors as the politicians still believe the solution is more taxes from a dwindling number of viable tax payers and more spending. From the CT Post article:

The revised plan scraps a proposal to increase the state tax on computer and data processing. It will remain at 1 percent. The changes also include delaying until January a proposal requiring corporations with a presence in Connecticut and other states to determine their tax liability based on the net income of the entire group. It also sets aside more funding for hospitals and nursing homes and exempts the first $1 million earned by ambulatory surgical centers from a new 6 percent gross receipts tax.

The state bond package, which cleared both chambers, includes $15 million for grants to local departments so they can purchase the body cameras.
Another bill that includes provisions of Malloy's so-called Second Chance Society passed the House 98-46 and Senate 23-13. It would reclassify drug possession as a misdemeanor instead of a felony and provide offenders with an opportunity to be evaluated for drug dependency. It also would reduce the enhanced penalty for drug possession near schools or day care centers from a two-year mandatory sentence to a misdemeanor. The changes would not, however, affect people charged with the sale of narcotics or possession with the intent to sell.
Among the plethora of new pieces of legislation floating in the massive budget implementer debated in the Senate before heading to the House, was one sentence on line 310 of Senate Amendment C, which was adopted: “Strike sections 508 to 521, inclusive, and renumber remaining 311 sections and internal references accordingly.” That deletes the attempt by the Department of Consumer Protection to expand the medical marijuana program to children, promote research and allow hospitals and hospices to administer the drug. It kills, for the year, the attempt of parents to legalize cannabis oil to help the symptoms of childhood epilepsy called Dravet Syndrome.

The budget-related bill, hundreds of pages long, touched on a host of issues, including a new minimum wage of $15 an hour for certain personnel who work for companies with the contracts with Office of Legislative Management, which runs the state Capitol complex.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:08:20 AM EDT
[#47]
was voted and approved last night
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top