Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2015 2:49:41 PM EDT
I would like to be able to see if the dot is good with my astigmatism before I place an order. If this thread needs to be deleted or moved I understand. Thanks for the help guys !
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:12:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure any gun store would let you check out their selection and try looking through them
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#2]
appreciate that, but no one is carrying them here.  So still hoping someone has one, So i can view the dot at a public choice/range whatever.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:09:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Have a T1 and yes the dot will look like a tiny bunch of grapes.  Any red dot typically will with the astigmatism.  I got some scrip protective glasses and it really tightened up the red dots.  Not cheap eyewear though.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:37:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Milspec,  They changed the lenses, so I'm hearing that the dots are clear and precise now. So you might want to check out the new T2 if you can.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:38:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have a T1 and yes the dot will look like a tiny bunch of grapes.  Any red dot typically will with the astigmatism.  I got some scrip protective glasses and it really tightened up the red dots.  Not cheap eyewear though.
View Quote

Can you post where you got them? I have a buddy looking for a gun friendly eye doc in CT.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:06:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Can you post where you got them? I have a buddy looking for a gun friendly eye doc in CT.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I got lambasted and called paranoid here last time I asked about a gun friendly doc. I hope your experience is better.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:56:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Are we talking about a terminator here?

It hard to determine if they were made. Since the terminators were around in the 80s but were sent from the future.

Not sure if they look at the future manufacturing date or the date they arrived through the space time continuum
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:41:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Someone on here told me Dr. Palozej in Ellington is 2A friendly. I keep putting off making an appointment. My company insurance pays for one set of glasses per year up to $300 and the company will also pay for prescription safety glasses. So I need to get my glasses.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:55:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the key is not to present it like you want shooting eyewear (even though we do).  You know how the ignorant people in this state freak out when firearms are mentioned.  I took the "I'm looking for safety glasses" approach and played dumb which I am good at.

I asked them about the Wileyx frames/lenses.  The guys said, "they are ballistic"!   "That's what swat teams sometimes use".  I said "oh wow, really"?

He asked me what I needed them for and I said "I do some side work/jobs on the weekends, machining etc".  I said it would be really helpful to have scrip safety glasses instead of generic ones.  

Granted it's all bullshit that I even bothered with the cover story.  It was the path of least resistance and I got what I wanted.  My money, my insurance, it's none of their f'ing business what I need them for.  I wasn't breaking any laws or hurting anyone so give me my damn glasses!

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:55:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Milspec,  They changed the lenses, so I'm hearing that the dots are clear and precise now. So you might want to check out the new T2 if you can.
View Quote

Interesting good to know.  Maybe I will upgrade one of these days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top