Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2015 2:48:40 PM EDT
So at the beginning of the year I used my tax return to fund an RMR for my G19. I had been overwhelmingly curious about doing this for a while and decided this was the year to do it. I didn't want to cut my factory slide in case I didn't like it and I could easily go back and sell everything as a package. I used Suarez International for the job as I dig what Gabe is doing out there in Arizona. It took a while to come in because he is a perfectionist and turned back the first batch. Well I got it in and then left for vacation the next day. All week I was thinking about coming back home and zeroing it. Well I finally got to the range today. I love this thing. For anyone who may be thinking about it my initial thoughts are that it's awesome. Once you pick up the dot it is way faster for me to put rounds on target and I was also clearly more accurate. On multiple occasions I put two or three rounds in the same hole at 10yards sitting supported. I will try to get a pick up at some point.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 3:34:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice !!! Going to be doing the same to my Glock 19, 20 and 21 Practicing with my Primary Arms reflex sight on my Ruger MKII at the High Rock 22 plate shoots. Once you acquire that dot it is lights out !!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 3:46:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea I plan on doing the G34 maybe next year when funds build back up.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#3]
That's awesome. I really need to catch up to this party!
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 4:41:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So at the beginning of the year I used my tax return to fund an RMR for my G19. I had been overwhelmingly curious about doing this for a while and decided this was the year to do it. I didn't want to cut my factory slide in case I didn't like it and I could easily go back and sell everything as a package. I used Suarez International for the job as I dig what Gabe is doing out there in Arizona. It took a while to come in because he is a perfectionist and turned back the first batch. Well I got it in and then left for vacation the next day. All week I was thinking about coming back home and zeroing it. Well I finally got to the range today. I love this thing. For anyone who may be thinking about it my initial thoughts are that it's awesome. Once you pick up the dot it is way faster for me to put rounds on target and I was also clearly more accurate. On multiple occasions I put two or three rounds in the same hole at 10yards sitting supported. I will try to get a pick up at some point.
View Quote

I love my RMR on my ar but not so keen about it on my FN pistol
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:22:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn you guys cost me a lot of money
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:35:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I've shot my cousins 19 with the RMR and noticed the dot "dances" a lot. I assume it's because of your front and rear sight moving, all that movement is in the dot. I'd like to get more time on the gun before I decide whether to mill my M&P.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Pics! And which RMR did you go with? Led or dual illumination? And dot size? I want to do this to my G19. Damn, I need some more OT !
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:47:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Hoffmans has a good amount of rmr's in stock about as cheap as I have seen them. They have the 2 led models.

I should add the i am no great pistol shot but with an rmr 100 yard hits on steel are possible woth consistency. If anything it makes you much more aware of trigger press and follow through. If i shoot the gun with the rmr and then turn it off or use another pistol , my shooting has still been improved. Similar to a laser, but the rm06 can be used with nvg's as well.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 6:51:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I went with the RMR 07 which has a 6.5 MOA dot. When I do the G34 I will got with the 06 which has the 3 MOA dot. That thing should be able to reach out and touch someone.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:37:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I just picked up an RMR06 to put on G17.  If you're an NRA instructor, Trijicon has a great discount program.

I had JoJo's mill the slide and they mill it very low so it's just about co-witnessed with suppressor sights.  They did it in a few days.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 4:49:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I see JoJo's is getting more and more into the Glock alteration dept. What did they charge for the RMR cut if you don't mind me asking ?
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 5:28:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I paid 150. As a bonus the kingtuk works with suppressor sights and needed a minor bit of filing to work with the rmr.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I like the RMR 06 w/ the 3.5  MOA dot.  Might do a 1911 next but have to get the holster situation under control first for this.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 7:28:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Deleted. Not sure how to remove this. I suck at the inter webs.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 7:41:10 PM EDT
[#15]
That was pathetic. Trying something else.

Co witness with suppressor sights
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 7:57:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

That's freaking sweet!
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:07:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice I ordered the same setup this week since your original post. I was thinking about it tonight, and will call and ask tomorrow but do you see any reason that slide can't be used with my G23 if I choose to go that route instead ?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#18]
As long as the frames are the same generation glock then the 19 and 23 slides are interchangeable. You will need to use the .40 barrel and likely extractor. I have a gen3 23 and this gen4 19 slide will not work on it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:49:01 PM EDT
[#19]
yeah thats what i was thinking
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 6:33:40 PM EDT
[#20]
" />

There it is, now i have to get out and shoot it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top