Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2015 10:39:39 AM EDT
Hope that if anyone here bought one, they have not attempted to use in for any unlawful purpose! ATF is watching.
Check out subguns.com , nfa section for more info
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:46:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I haz solvent trap

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:49:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you buy it from a man in Ohio?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:34:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Wats going on?  Is this full of lulz?  Like the drop in Sears from the guy in shotgun news?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:51:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I hear there is a guy selling a ton of them for 9.99 free shipping !!!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:04:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm just about to file a form 1 should I not go this route?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:54:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you file a From 1 you should be good. The guys buying "solvent traps" are trying to get around the $200 stamp.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:21:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you file a From 1 you should be good. The guys buying "solvent traps" are trying to get around the $200 stamp.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oo not good, hopefully they don't ruin this option for everyone. I'm planning on picking up the solvent trap kits when my form 1s come in
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Holy Cow... I could have saved hundreds of dollars doing it myself with one of those kits.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Holy Cow... I could have saved hundreds of dollars doing it myself with one of those kits.
View Quote
If you truly want to do it yourself there is a great thread in GD on how to build one in 5.56 or .30 for around $100, but match professional quality. Also guides you when to order what and build what and when to Form 1. I don't have the link but I'm sure someone here will. Its probably over 100 pages by now.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:16:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think I know him too, is his name Am Azon?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:24:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you truly want to do it yourself there is a great thread in GD on how to build one in 5.56 or .30 for around $100, but match professional quality. Also guides you when to order what and build what and when to Form 1. I don't have the link but I'm sure someone here will. Its probably over 100 pages by now.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're speaking of the thread I think you are, it got locked-up about a month ago.

Head over to SilencerTalk,for pleny of knowledge and help.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:02:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
SD Tactical. Obviously I'm not an idiot and have a tax stamp.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup !!! And another on Flea Bay. This is for the adapter to use the oil thing a ma jiggy to go pew pew !!! Quick 10 dollar ticket to club fed !!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:12:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I shot a friend's 5.56 SBR with a Silencer Co. surpressor. It really mitigated muzzle blast and the felt effects on my face. Didn't seem to surpress the sound much though as the bullet still breaks the sound barrier.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:12:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I shot a friend's 5.56 SBR with a Silencer Co. surpressor. It really mitigated muzzle blast and the felt effects on my face. Didn't seem to surpress the sound much though as the bullet still breaks the sound barrier.
View Quote

Unfortunately, Hollywood has depicted, grossly, exaggerated results of what should be expected from a suppressor.
In reality, Im sure that suppressor was doing all it could to tame an SBR.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:18:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Shoot it without the suppressor. OUCH!
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 8:58:31 AM EDT
[#17]
"Solvent trap" is the NFA equivalent of:  "I'll pay you back.", "The check is in the mail", and "I won't cum in your mouth."

Anyone stupid enough to think they can get away with the "solvent trap" thing shouldn't be allowed to breed.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:10:31 PM EDT
[#18]
The thing now is, the ATF is starting to look at the threaded "Solvent Trap" as a pre-made silencer part. Regardless of what your initial intent was when you purchased it.
You can not Form 1 from pre-made pieces, because they are, in themselves, a silencer. Also, no one other than SOT's can produce silencer parts, w/o a Form1. So "these guys" making the tubes and caps might be in big trouble.
You would, technically, need 2 stamps or an SOT to make a Form 1 suppressor from a "Solvent Trap".
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

The thing now is, the ATF is starting to look at the threaded "Solvent Trap" as a pre-made silencer part. Regardless of what your initial intent was when you purchased it.

You can not Form 1 from pre-made pieces, because they are, in themselves, a silencer. Also, no one other than SOT's can produce silencer parts, w/o a Form1. So "these guys" making the tubes and caps might be in big trouble.

You would, technically, need 2 stamps or an SOT to make a Form 1 suppressor from a "Solvent Trap".
View Quote
Yeah the thread we had in GD didn't use a solvent trap. The tube got Form 1'd and other parts made

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top