Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 3:51:02 PM EDT
[#1]
IMHO, the vast majority of coppers do things the right way, and body cams will go a long way to demonstrating that.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 3:55:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

IMHO, the vast majority of coppers do things the right way, and body cams will go a long way to demonstrating that.
View Quote

Agreed, actually they might have to be TOO by the book and not give me that break.

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This is the part never seen, on the news.

Quoted:
actually they might have to be TOO by the book and not give me that break.

Not too sure.
The dashcam has been active for a long time and records a lot.
Besides, no need to review the bodycam until sh*t goes down.

What's more important to YOU
IPADS for every student...or...Bodycams for every cop??
just a Q
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 5:02:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not too sure.

just a Q
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
actually they might have to be TOO by the book and not give me that break.

Not too sure.

just a Q

We shouldn't have either. Body cams will only show part of the story and people will take them as gospel. Bad news in my opinion
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 5:22:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Agreed, actually they might have to be TOO by the book and not give me that break.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think body cams could bring up new "unwritten quota" issues. I remember not so long ago (I think it was NYPD), a PD LT would not give workers vacation because of inactivity. I wonder if stuff like this will start happening more often.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think body cams could bring up new "unwritten quota" issues. I remember not so long ago (I think it was NYPD), a PD LT would not give workers vacation because of inactivity. I wonder if stuff like this will start happening more often.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Although it's not supposed to happen, officers are routinely penalized for not producing enough "self-imitated activity". In the department I worked for during my first career we were required to stop four cars during  each shift. If those goals were not reached there were repercussions.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote

My brother is LEO and I always hear the stories.  They are up against a lot and people are constantly giving them a hard time, but there are some terds out there too just like anything else in life.  In my town, some of the locals used to stop my daughter at night all the time.  She was early 20's and worked till midnight.  When she got back in town and stopped at McDonalds for a snack they were pulling her over for BS reasons and always had to let her go.  It got to the point she was harassed so much I had to have an attorney send the town PD a letter.  After that it stopped.  They hassled the kids a lot.  I know they have good reason, but they had NO reason to stop her almost a dozen times in a year.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:40:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My brother is LEO and I always hear the stories.  They are up against a lot and people are constantly giving them a hard time, but there are some terds out there too just like anything else in life.  In my town, some of the locals used to stop my daughter at night all the time.  She was early 20's and worked till midnight.  When she got back in town and stopped at McDonalds for a snack they were pulling her over for BS reasons and always had to let her go.  It got to the point she was harassed so much I had to have an attorney send the town PD a letter.  After that it stopped.  They hassled the kids a lot.  I know they have good reason, but they had NO reason to stop her almost a dozen times in a year.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would be the last person to try and sell all cops as decent people... Some have no business on the job, but most are fairly decent people just going to work. For whatever  it's worth to you, I'm sorry that your daughter had a hard time with your local PD.  I never like to hear those kinds of stories, and had a few of those kind of fellas that worked for me before I retired, and changed PDs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top