Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2015 6:05:04 PM EDT
Just cuious.  Ooma is VIOP, correct?   Anyone out here use Ooma successfully?

Thanks!

Rome
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 6:21:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just cuious.  Ooma is VIOP, correct?   Anyone out here use Ooma successfully?

Thanks!

Rome
View Quote

I have a friend who uses it for is business phone. he has no complaints.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 6:28:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been using for two years now with no problems to date
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 6:50:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I signed up last month. So far so good.  I pick up the unit that plugs into the router at a Radio Shack that was closing... got it for half off!  It cost me $40 to transfer my phone number over to them, but that's not bad considering that I was paying $48 a month to Frontier. Now all I pay is less than $5 a month. It took about 4-5 days for them to switch it over from Frontier.  

Now the next part of my plan is to get rid of Comca$t  except for internet.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:32:50 PM EDT
[#4]

hey guys, thanks.  Just the type of input I'm looking for.  Trying to streamline my services.

Rome
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 8:08:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Rome,

A friend of mine uses Magic jack and loves it.

I use Vonage but that is because we need to be able to call Russia. Otherwise I would cancel home phone.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:29:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rome,

A friend of mine uses Magic jack and loves it.

I use Vonage but that is because we need to be able to call Russia. Otherwise I would cancel home phone.
View Quote

Yea I'm using magicJack Go -  I believe its $30 a year and they even email you wav files of any voicemails left.
Much better than Frontier's shitty landline that was almost $40 a month
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:34:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I just realized that there are NO companies left that offer copper wire phone service any more.  IT's not like SNET is sill out there.  Att sold out to Frontier as mentioned above.  That's amazing in itself.

Rome
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:17:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I've had one for a year now.  The line costs me like 3 bucks and change a month.  I use it for my alarm system to dial out and it works just fine.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top