Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2015 7:03:04 PM EDT
Just was reading the news and saw this article.

Interesting choice of Barkhamsted. I guess maybe the reservoir is a target?

Manchester is obvious because of all the malls.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:09:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know why ISIS would want to hit CT other than for propaganda effect. If they really want to see CT destroyed all they have to do is sit back, grab a bowl of popcorn, and watch Malloy, Looney and the rest of the progressives from both parties destroy this state all on their own.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:12:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Id probably turn a cheek of they raided the capital
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:22:04 PM EDT
[#3]
This hit list is a list of individual military members not locations. There were people on the list from barkhamstead and Manchester.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:40:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I live in manchester
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:48:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Id probably turn a cheek of they raided the capital
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:49:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Stuff like this makes me think I need a vehicle gun. Ares SCR, 18.5 or shorter shotgun, something not restricted by the AWB transportation restrictions. I just have concerns about leaving it unattended even if it's in a vehicle vault. But I would feel a lot more comfortable with a bit more mobile firepower.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:50:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Stuff like this makes me think I need a vehicle gun. Ares SCR, 18.5 or shorter shotgun, something not restricted by the AWB transportation restrictions. I just have concerns about leaving it unattended even if it's in a vehicle vault. But I would feel a lot more comfortable with a bit more mobile firepower.
View Quote

Neighborhood watches with Civi owned MRAPS!  
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:13:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

As much as I have always HATED the idea of leaving a firearm unattended in a vehicle - the further down this road we seem to slip, the more I agree with the thought.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:14:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think the best solution is to just have an "assaulty" truck gun and just exclusively drive to and from ranges every day.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:52:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:34:11 PM EDT
[#11]
why not just carry your ar in the back seat...?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:38:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
That's illegal now

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#13]
how many people dont know that across the state that it needs to be in the trunk or in accessible to any one in the vehicle?

locked in the back seat. done

but that hasnt stopped anyone that i know.  

for all i know, the state should have mailed guidelines how to transport so called assault weapons. or made ffls give paper work during transactions of prebans.
take the upper off, in operable.  no different than driving around with a stripped preban in the truck...

until then, mag out of gun, in back seat.  thats how every other rifle is that i own while in my truck.

and im sure as shit, not putting ANY of my rifles in the bed of my pickup.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:00:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
how many people dont know that across the state that it needs to be in the trunk or in accessible to any one in the vehicle?

for all i know, the state should have mailed guidelines how to transport so called assault weapons. or made ffls give paper work during transactions of prebans.
take the upper off, in operable.  no different than driving around with a stripped preban in the truck...

until then, mag out of gun, in back seat.  thats how every other rifle is that i own while in my truck.

View Quote

unfortunately the day someone gets pulled over with it in the back seat, I'm sure they will get dragged in
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:29:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

unfortunately the day someone gets pulled over with it in the back seat, I'm sure they will get dragged in
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you don't have a trunk and gun is in locked case- how are you in violation?
I for one would refuse to open case! I keep the keys tucked away safely in my 5th pocket
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I for one would refuse to open case! I keep the keys tucked away safely in my 5th pocket
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You may loose the keys if you put them there

I'm not saying he would be in violation, I'm just saying someone's gonna get hammered for it , regardless how compliant they may be
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 2:49:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Pretty sure standard capacity/registered mags are subject to the same requirements. 'cause you know, some kid might...
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 5:33:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Over 12" Barrel + pistol buffer tube + 30"+ OAL = Not a rifle, not a pistol.  In theory, The AWB does not apply.

I'm not going to be the first test case though, don't have the $$ to get out / stay out of jail.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 8:23:00 PM EDT
[#19]
thought the law was on standard capacity mags, if registered, loaded to 10 is fine during transport...

just better off to unload them.

but thats what i heard and i do want to be corrected if wrong.

i dont carry loaded mags for rifles during transport  just how i am.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:30:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Don't know why ISIS would want to hit CT other than for propaganda effect. If they really want to see CT destroyed all they have to do is sit back, grab a bowl of popcorn, and watch Malloy, Looney and the rest of the progressives from both parties destroy this state all on their own.
View Quote

You know Fairfield county is one of the top 5 wealthiest counties in this country ,right? From a terror standpoint hitting where the "elite" live and shop would be a major propaganda coup for them.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:32:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Pretty sure standard capacity/registered mags are subject to the same requirements. 'cause you know, some kid might...
View Quote

What this standard capacity mag stuff,I always thought it was just a magazine
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:34:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
thought the law was on standard capacity mags, if registered, loaded to 10 is fine during transport...

just better off to unload them.

but thats what i heard and i do want to be corrected if wrong.

i dont carry loaded mags for rifles during transport  just how i am.

View Quote

Their terminology not mine.
LCM mags must be transported in the same manner as AWs unless they are downloaded to 10 rounds and physically being carried inside the grip of a pistol that was legally owned prior to the ban.
AWs must be transported out of reach of occupants (think trunk or cased) and can ONLY be transported to and from approved locations (home business range and a few others I'm too lazy to look up)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top