Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2015 10:16:02 AM EDT
Hey guys, just looking to see if anyone has filed anything on the Eforms system. I filed 3 SBRS on 1/12, I'm seeing a lot of guys with anything from 1/15-1/20 dates get approvals. Just wondering if this stupid ass state AW cert has anything to do with my slower process. I emailed "the man", he said to make sure my AW cert was attached. I double checked all 3 forms. Is the ATF calling CT to verify AWs? Everything is there. I'm just really wanting my stamps. I know its only been a month and a half, compared to the 10 months I waited to get my suppressor.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#1]
My most recent efiled form 1 took 33 days from submission to approval.  It was filed under my trust which has had approvals before (I don't know if that makes any difference).
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:11:08 AM EDT
[#2]
When was the last time you called them?  Give em a call tomorrow to check on the status, they've been putting a lot more into problem status lately for really stupid things.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:22:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Did my first efile form 1 (using a trust) on 1/8/15, and was approved on 2/15/15. They had previously seen my trust on a paper form 4 submittal, so not sure if that makes a difference.
Also, I did a preban, and got the state to issue me a Cert of Possession (AW Cert) in the name of the trust. I would give them a call to see if there is an issue.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:10:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmm....I've done other stuff using my trust, paper version. And I did get my AW certs switched over into my trust name. I'm gonna call them tomorrow morning!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:05:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I efiled a suppressor. 36 days.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:10:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hmm....I've done other stuff using my trust, paper version. And I did get my AW certs switched over into my trust name. I'm gonna call them tomorrow morning!!
View Quote

Are you saying you transfered your registered AW's from your private person into your trust after 12/31/13?

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:39:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Are you saying you transfered your registered AW's from your private person into your trust after 12/31/13?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes I believe the state is allowing that

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:47:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes I did. Dierdra at DESPP is the one to talk to.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:58:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I talked to her as I was recommended to here, and she told me it was impossible. I think I'm gonna efile an SBR today and just see what happens, fuck it.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:22:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Just to confirm we're all on the same page here, we're talking about transferring a previously registered (with the state of Connecticut), post ban "assault weapon" from private individual, to that private individuals trust?

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just to confirm we're all on the same page here, we're talking about transferring a previously registered (with the state of Connecticut), post ban "assault weapon" from private individual, to that private individuals trust?

View Quote

Yes. I told her it was for ATF purposes. She did it for a buddy as well, before I did it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:17:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Did you call them today?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:03:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Did you call them today?
View Quote

No, I was busy at work for once and busy at home after as usual. Tomorrow I promise!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:55:14 PM EDT
[#14]
From what I understand. The state will issue certifies in the name of the trust only for pre bans. You could have registered into a trust if your trust was created prior to 4/4/13.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:58:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
From what I understand. The state will issue certifies in the name of the trust only for pre bans. You could have registered into a trust if your trust was created prior to 4/4/13.
View Quote

All 5 that I had put into my trust, are post ban rifles. She never asked if they were pre or post. It was all done for ATF so I could SBR them.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:25:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

All 5 that I had put into my trust, are post ban rifles. She never asked if they were pre or post. It was all done for ATF so I could SBR them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was your trust created before 4/4/13?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:36:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm confused about a couple things. If you could clarify a couple things, please.

When was your trust created, date?

Are YOU the owner of the rifles, on the states AW list, and put the TRUST on the Form 1?

Did you transfer them into your trust AND THEN file Form 1's?

Did you file Form 1's AND THEN a Form 4 to transfer it into your trust?

What do you mean, "It was all done for ATF...."?
Do you mean, I wanted to put them in my trust and filed Form 1's to comply with the NFA or are you doing secret squirrel sh*t for the ATF?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:09:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm confused about a couple things. If you could clarify a couple things, please.

Are YOU the owner of the rifles, on the states AW list, and put the TRUST on the Form 1?

Do you mean, I wanted to put them in my trust and filed Form 1's to comply with the NFA or are you doing secret squirrel sh*t for the ATF?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, let's do this!
Yes, my trust was created in 2012

All rifles, were registered in my individual name with the state. After I got them back, I started looking into what I needed to do. I called Dierdra and she knew what I was talking about and the possible issue I would have with the ATF.

I planned on SBRing them and was told ATF wanted copy of AW cert for each rifle. And I believe ATF isn't to cool with 2 different names on paperwork for SBR (reg in CT to me, but SBRed in my trust name).  

I had them "transfered" into my trust, so to speak. All I did was bring my original AW certs and new AW certs filled out with my trust info. Dierdra kept my individual certs and gave me the new ones. In and out in 15 min.  

I did all of the before I filed my form 1. I included my trust and CT AW certs for each rifle I submitted.

And no secret squirrel shit....just another gun nut trying to keep it legal. And have everything in my trust.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:34:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Ok, let's do this!

All rifles, were registered in my individual name with the state. After I got them back, I started looking into what I needed to do. I called Dierdra and she knew what I was talking about and the possible issue I would have with the ATF.

I planned on SBRing them and was told ATF wanted copy of AW cert for each rifle. And I believe ATF isn't to cool with 2 different names on paperwork for SBR (reg in CT to me, but SBRed in my trust name).  

I had them "transfered" into my trust, so to speak. All I did was bring my original AW certs and new AW certs filled out with my trust info. Dierdra kept my individual certs and gave me the new ones. In and out in 15 min.  

I did all of the before I filed my form 1. I included my trust and CT AW certs for each rifle I submitted.

And no secret squirrel shit....just another gun nut trying to keep it legal. And have everything in my trust.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, let's do this!

Did she ask to see a copy of your trust?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:55:50 AM EDT
[#20]
when i did this she did want a to see a copy of trust and when it was started to make sure it was pre all the bull shit happening (4/4/13). got the impression from her that it had to be created before that date. my trust goes back to 2011 so she was cool with taking them from my personal name to the trust name cause ATF will not approve a form 1 with the AW form in personal name and form 1 in trust name they must match and obviously my ps90 was not preban which was the most recent one i had to change. Deidra new exactly what needed to be done and as jeff states old ones in hand, news ones filed out as trust and she came back with the same number one the new AW form just different name for ATF to approve the form 1. all this bullshit to stay legal in this state. FDM
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
when i did this she did want a to see a copy of trust and when it was started to make sure it was pre all the bull shit happening (4/4/13). got the impression from her that it had to be created before that date. my trust goes back to 2011 so she was cool with taking them from my personal name to the trust name cause ATF will not approve a form 1 with the AW form in personal name and form 1 in trust name they must match and obviously my ps90 was not preban which was the most recent one i had to change. Deidra new exactly what needed to be done and as jeff states old ones in hand, news ones filed out as trust and she came back with the same number one the new AW form just different name for ATF to approve the form 1. all this bullshit to stay legal in this state. FDM
View Quote

Were did you go the same place to renew your permit? I have to go renew my permit this month so ill can kill two birds with one stone.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:40:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Ok, let's do this!
View Quote

Yes, that clears it up, nicely. Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:06:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Were did you go the same place to renew your permit? I have to go renew my permit this month so ill can kill two birds with one stone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. She came out the double doors that are right next to the permt area. I had the guy at the front desk call her and she came right out.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:09:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Im going tomorrow so would it smart to transfer all my AR'S into my trust or just the one im going to SBR? The one im doing is my 80% build that I did years back.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:17:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Im going tomorrow so would it smart to transfer all my AR'S into my trust or just the one im going to SBR? The one im doing is my 80% build that I did years back.
View Quote

I transfered 5 of mine. And have 3 SBRs pending now. I did the others for, just in case. But, if you plan on doing this......call her now and talk to her. Let her know what you are doing it for. And that you would like to do this tomorrow. Then later today, fill out all the AW forms at home with your trust info. That way all she needs to do is double check your forms, date trust was created and look at your AW cert stubs you got back. She'll fingerprint your thumb right there and sign it. Easy peasy!
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 4:17:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I transfered 5 of mine. And have 3 SBRs pending now. I did the others for, just in case. But, if you plan on doing this......call her now and talk to her. Let her know what you are doing it for. And that you would like to do this tomorrow. Then later today, fill out all the AW forms at home with your trust info. That way all she needs to do is double check your forms, date trust was created and look at your AW cert stubs you got back. She'll fingerprint your thumb right there and sign it. Easy peasy!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks talked to her today and im all set to go up tomorrow im going to fill out the cert in my trust name and get it done. Thanks again Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top