Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 7:30:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Metacon 22 two gun rifle match this morning.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:51:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For those who don't fear to travel into enemy territory

Hello Shooters,

Camp Smith Match #2 will take place this SUNDAY, JUNE 28.  Squadding and safety brief is at 07:15 in the tank parking lot.  After the brief we will all drive down together and park behind the 300 yard line (please stay off grass and don’t block the road), unload equipment and walk to the 200.    

This match will be a highpower / 800 aggregate XTC out to 300 yards:

2 sighters + 20 shots for record slow fire standing at 200

2 sighters + 10 shots for record rapid fire sitting at 200 (2 strings)

2 sighters + 10 shots for record rapid fire prone at 300 (2 strings)

2 sighters + 20 shots for record slow prone fire at 300 (reduced 600 target)

If you have not shot with us you may not be on the gate entry list.  I know I have asked before and a few of you responded, but send me your name once more so I can be certain you are on.  Take my cell below if any issues at the gate.

We will be holding a Richard Meade Memorial Match the following weekend on July 5 with awards for high service rife and match rifle shooters.  Come out and get your zeros....and get ready for Perry for those of you going.  

See you on the line,

George Kline

917-709-3691

PLEASE REMEMBER .223 ONLY AT CAMP SMITH

View Quote

CANCELED

But next week match

Hello shooters,

The weather for tomorrow morning does not look promising.  Early there are 75% chance of thunder storms and it remains at a 50% chance through the timeframe that would be our match.  Considering it is thunderstorms and that Camp Smith could cancel us if lightening, I have decided to cancel the match.   the consolation is next Sunday, the Rich Meade match.  We intend to go out to the 500 for that match.  Awards will be given for high Service and Match rifle....and we have items to raffle.  

Talk soon,

George K
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:29:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Hello Shooters,

This coming Sunday the Rockland Rifle & Revolver Club will host the Richie Meade Memorial Match at Camp Smith.  First and foremost, please look at the folks on this email and forward this email to anyone I may have missed in your estimation, especially those who knew Richie.

I knew Richie for about five years and he lived 2 miles from me.  He was a mentor and a good friend.  The last time I was on a range with him (we travelled to practice and matches together) was at Camp Smith.  I asked him to come and coach a close friend.  He showed up with a shooting coat, gave it to my buddy to keep, and coached him the whole match.  He shot at Camp Smith with many of you WAY before I ever knew him.  It is befitting that we have a match in his honor at Camp Smith.  His wife is in full agreement and is very happy we are doing this.  Richie shot on the Marine Corp Team, the NYS Team and served his country as an FBI agent....including in a war zone.

Onto the match.....

We will be shooting  an XTC highpower rifle match out to 500 yards (600 is gone at Smith).  Awards will be given for high service rifle and high match rife shooters.  The club, specifically member Marty Lifgren, worked hard to obtain great giveaway items at the match including 5 boxes of bullets from Sierra, $25 dollar gift certificate to Midway, a brand new AR case and other items.  Each shooter will be eligible to win any of these giveaways via match entry.    

We normally charge $25 for a CS match to offset range fees.  For this match we will collect a fee of $35 (15 juniors).  The additional $10 dollars will be spent on a "brick" at Camp Perry dedicated to Richie from you.  Remaining funds, if any, will be spent in an appropriate manner by the club in Richie's name.   You all will receive an email on how these funds were spent.

OK....

Squadding / brief at 07:00 to 07:30 tank parking lot
Drop gear at 200, park in valley near sheds (or park and walk gear to 200.)
Scoring in Pits unless we hit 3 relays
After match everyone back to tank parking lot for awards and giveaways

IMPORTANT:  .223 cal only allowed at CS.   IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN TO CS TO SHOOT WITH US IN THE PAST YEAR, AND INTEND TO COME, LET ME KNOW SO I CAN PUT YOU ON THE GATE ENTRY LIST.

PECONIC AND ROSLYN AND FORBES HP MATCH DIRECTORS.....PLEASE FOWARD THIS EMAIL TO YOUR CLUBS IF NOT IN CONFLICT WITH A MATCH AT YOUR CLUB.

Weather looks great so far, come on out and lets have fun,

George Kline
917-709-3691

If you have any questions I will try to answer in this thread

MrHold

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:40:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Upcoming Events!

If you find something listed here your interested in its up to you to put on your big boy panties and make sure you have all necessary details and requirements. I take no responsibility if is to what you expected.

Sunday July 5th METACON. IDPA, Outdoor, $20, 10:00AM

Sunday July 5th SPRAGUE bowling pin match 9:30 AM

Friday July 10th. WOOSTER MOUNTAIN. Level 1 combat carbine $15 (can be 1, 2 or 3 gun shoots, SURPRISE!) 4:30-7PM

Saturday July 11th SOMERS. 2 gun match Rifle and Pistol. 5$, 10AM

Sunday July 12th. HARWINTON. Action Rifle and Pistol. 9:00AM

Sunday July 12th SPRAGUE IDPA 9:30 AM

Friday July 17th KING33 USPSA 6:00-10:00 PM

Saturday July 18th SOMERS. IPSC Style pistol match. 5$, 10AM

Sunday July 19th. HARWINTON. Three Gun!! 9:00AM

Sunday July 19th SPRAGUE bowling pin match 9:30 AM

Friday July 24th. WOOSTER MOUNTAIN. Level 2 combat carbine $20 (can be 1, 2 or 3 gun shoots, SURPRISE!) 4:30-7PM

Saturday July 25th. METACON. Rifle match (multi gun match). 8:00AM  CANCELED FOR RANGE MAINTENANCE

Sunday July 26th SPRAGUE IDPA 9:30 AM

Sunday August 2nd METACON. IDPA, Outdoor, $20, 10:00AM

Sunday August 2nd NORTH CANAAN. 2 gun, shotgun and center fire pistol 75 pistol rounds, 25 birdshot, 5 slugs. $10, 10:00AM

Sunday August 2nd SPRAGUE bowling pin match 9:30 AM

Saturday August 8th SOMERS. 2 gun match Shotgun and Pistol. 5$, 10AM

Sunday August 9th SPRAGUE IDPA 9:30 AM

Friday August 14th. WOOSTER MOUNTAIN. Level 1 combat carbine $15 (can be 1, 2 or 3 gun shoots, SURPRISE!) 4:30-7PM

Saturday August 15th SOMERS. IPSC Style pistol match. 5$, 10AM

Sunday August 16th SPRAGUE bowling pin match 9:30 AM

Saturday August 22nd. METACON. Rifle match (multi gun match). 8:00AM CANCELED FOR RANGE MAINTENANCE

Sunday August 23rd SPRAGUE IDPA 9:30 AM

Friday August 28th. WOOSTER MOUNTAIN. Level 2 combat carbine $20 (can be 1, 2 or 3 gun shoots, SURPRISE!) 4:30-7PM

Sunday September 6th SPRAGUE bowling pin match 9:30 AM

Sunday September 6th METACON. IDPA, Outdoor, $20, 10:00AM

Friday September 11th. WOOSTER MOUNTAIN. Level 1 combat carbine $15 (can be 1, 2 or 3 gun shoots, SURPRISE!) 4:30-7PM

Saturday September 5th SOMERS. 3 GUN MATCH!!. 5$, 10AM (DATE MOVED)

Sunday September 13th SPRAGUE IDPA 9:30 AM

Saturday September 19th SOMERS. IPSC Style pistol match. 5$, 10AM

Sunday September 20th SPRAGUE bowling pin match 9:30 AM

Friday Sptember 25th. WOOSTER MOUNTAIN. Level 2 combat carbine $20 (can be 1, 2 or 3 gun shoots, SURPRISE!) 4:30-7PM

Saturday September 26th. METACON. Rifle match (multi gun match). 8:00AM

Sunday September 27th SPRAGUE IDPA 9:30 AM

Sunday October 4th NORTH CANAAN. 3 gun. 75 pistol, 75 rifle, 25 birdshot, 5 slugs. $10, 10:00AM

Sunday November 8th NORTH CANAAN. Prior military only pistol match!!  $10, 10:00AM

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 5:17:41 AM EDT
[#5]

This Sunday, July 12th at 9:00 AM. Harwinton Rod and Gun has an action Rifle and Pistol Match. I already have my kitchen Pass signed by the Wife, the weather is going to not suck...

Whose coming with me??

This will be my first center fire multi gun match. So far I've just done 22LR "2 gun" and center fire pistol matches, so I expect that this will be humbling.

Harwinton Rod and Gun is 20 minutes north of Waterbury, and 40 to 45 minutes west of Hartford. Nice easy ride on a Sunday morning.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 9:03:58 AM EDT
[#6]
King 33 started IDPA on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month. I'll be trying to go to the next one.

3 gun Match at METACON tomorrow. Brass cased rifle ammo only.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 9:57:01 AM EDT
[#7]
How was the Harwington multi gun match?
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 1:19:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Anybody else going to the CT State ICORE match tonight or tomorrow?
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 1:23:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Anybody else going to the CT State ICORE match tonight or tomorrow?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 3:10:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I heard a rumor about a 3Gun match at Rockville on 8/15, but nothing on the website. Can anyone confirm?

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:25:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll be doing IDPA at King33 on Wednesday the 12th 6-10pm. Anyone else?
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:30:53 PM EDT
[#12]
hey JohnsMyName from rockville

3 Gun Action Match
Firearms: CF Pistol (no Magnums), Shotgun
( Lead Birdshot = #6) and Rifle (Max is 30-06 caliber)
Classes: Iron and Optic/Electronic based on Pistol
Targets: Paper and Steel 10-75 yards
Date: 8/15 (no steel core or penetrator ammo)
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 4:43:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

3 Gun Action Match

View Quote

Thanks MC. I'll be going to this with a couple buddies, anyone else going?

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 1:13:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Somer's 3 Gun match is moved from September 12 to September 5.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 1:23:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks Red, I'll try to make it.

Link Posted: 8/12/2015 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Rockland Rifle and Revolver Club / CAMP SMITH (200/300/500 yard XTC and prone matches)

Match Director: George Kline, [email protected]

HP League Dates:  Aug. 22, Aug. 30, Sept. 19, Oct. 10

Notes:

AUGUST 22 – XTC OUT TO 500
AUGUST 30 – PRONE MATCH FROM 500
SEPTEMBER 19 – XTC OUT TO 500
OCTOBER 10 – XTC / MAYBE PRONE OUT TO 300

.223 only at Camp Smith

Link Posted: 8/15/2015 10:00:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

3 Gun Action Match
View Quote

Anyone in here go to the Rockville 3 gun match today?  I was the guy holding the clip board in the red shirt helping to RO the 1st upper range stage.  A couple of folks stepped up to help me out during the hot day, and if it was any one of the CTHTF - I want to thank you!  It was hot out there...  
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 10:34:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Anyone in here go to the Rockville 3 gun match today?  I was the guy holding the clip board in the red shirt helping to RO the 1st upper range stage.  A couple of folks stepped up to help me out during the hot day, and if it was any one of the CTHTF - I want to thank you!  It was hot out there...  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

3 Gun Action Match

I was there in an OD green plate carrier.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 10:45:19 PM EDT
[#19]
I was guy with OD green HK shirt and tan flag hat.

Good match, thanks for helping run it!

Link Posted: 8/16/2015 10:33:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for the guys attending - it was a long day...

Here's a couple videos of the upper range 1st course (I apologize in advance for my poor & adrenaline pumped up shaky reloading...  I'm an old fat guy and this is way too much cardio for me!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjLd9WQYzM0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I24tUroNzy0
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:03:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thanks for the guys attending - it was a long day...

Here's a couple videos of the upper range 1st course (I apologize in advance for my poor & adrenaline pumped up shaky reloading...  I'm an old fat guy and this is way too much cardio for me!)

View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 9:50:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Cool videos, I like the first person view. I have a few as well I'll try to get up today.

ETA: Links below, I can't do fancy embedded vids like Tbr

https://youtu.be/YWt5OFQ--5I

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 10:08:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Nice video John!  Great shotgun reloads!  Thanks for posting the lower range stage...
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 10:17:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Cool videos, I like the first person view. I have a few as well I'll try to get up today.

https://youtu.be/6unEXh8Exf0

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 10:47:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Nice video John!  Great shotgun reloads!  Thanks for posting the lower range stage...
View Quote

Thanks F, nice Jeep BTW! I was having a few issues with the shotgun that hopefully are squared away now. Are you shooting the Somers match on Sept. 5th?

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 10:49:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

https://youtu.be/6unEXh8Exf0

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:52:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Greyson's guns in Orange has plate shoots every other Wednesday night. Tonight there should be one.

Link Posted: 9/5/2015 7:14:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Just got back from the Somers 3 Gun shoot put on by our very own Bigred200e! It was a great match, many thanks to Red and all the guys who helped set it up.

Here is a video from the last stage. Needless to say I will not be using light target loads or a cylinder choke on steel anymore .

STAGE 5 VIDEO

Link Posted: 9/5/2015 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Just got back from the Somers 3 Gun shoot put on by our very own Bigred200e! It was a great match, many thanks to Red and all the guys who helped set it up.

Here is a video from the last stage. Needless to say I will not be using light target loads or a cylinder choke on steel anymore .

STAGE 5 VIDEO

View Quote

Like the SSC events I've attended that looks like a very fun match. Wish I could have made it up there today

If you use a modified or full choke, light loads (even AA) work fine. Some places will use impact, instead of reaction, steel for birdshot stages- to level the playing field between cylinder and choked shooters. The other consideration with that Texas star is that placement of the plates is critical- where the retention clip is placed can make a very big difference in how the targets will react to being shot.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 10:10:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Thanks for the response JAD and right on. I've read that modified is the dominant pattern used for these matches and definitely see why now. Also the placement of those clips on the star (my first experience with one) makes a huge difference. The guys there showed me how to set it when we were resetting for next shooters.

Link Posted: 9/5/2015 11:20:53 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Greyson's guns in Orange has plate shoots every other Wednesday night. Tonight there should be one.

View Quote

What does that entail and cost? I've never done any competition or plate shoot but that's close enough to be feasible.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 6:32:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

STAGE 5 VIDEO

View Quote

Thanks. The Texas star is always fun. Definitely check out the 2 Gun shoots next year.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 10:05:12 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

What does that entail and cost? I've never done any competition or plate shoot but that's close enough to be feasible.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

$20 to enter and you could end up shooting 50-100 rds. Depending on how many people show up, you shoot 3-5 relays of practice (of which they also use to classify you in A, B or C class) prior to a double elimination competition. They have 2 plate racks, so you're going head to head with another shooter. First one to knock down all the plates wins.

Link Posted: 9/7/2015 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

$20 to enter and you could end up shooting 50-100 rds. Depending on how many people show up, you shoot 3-5 relays of practice (of which they also use to classify you in A, B or C class) prior to a double elimination competition. They have 2 plate racks, so you're going head to head with another shooter. First one to knock down all the plates wins.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a lot of fun, I'm there every time with my Kimber 9mm.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 9:29:57 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The last couple times I went I've been using my wheel gun with a red dot.

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 6:25:00 PM EDT
[#36]
IDPA Tomorrow @ King33, Anyone going?
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 7:03:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Damn I didn't realize you guys were posting videos in here!  I never really check this thread because I figured it was just dates.  Glad I checked though.  Good videos guys!  Should post em in the video thread
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Damn I didn't realize you guys were posting videos in here!  I never really check this thread because I figured it was just dates.  Glad I checked though.  Good videos guys!  Should post em in the video thread
View Quote

Now that's thinking! I unfortunately can't post embed video, but if links are OK I'll post some.

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 9:13:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Now that's thinking! I unfortunately can't post embed video, but if links are OK I'll post some.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure someone with a team member shipnwill fix them
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 9:45:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 10:46:29 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll post your videos and you can fix them

Link Posted: 9/20/2015 9:24:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Bump back to page 1.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Northwest Connecticut Rod & Gun Club

316 W Main Street

Canaan, CT 06018

Sunday, October, 3rd @ 10:00 AM

3-Gun Assault Course

75 rounds pistol/rifle, 25 shotgun target, 5 slugs

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 12:19:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Andover Sportsmen's Club

122 Rt. 6

Andover, CT 06232

Sporting Clays!!!

Sunday, September 29th

Registration starts @ 8:30, shooting from 9:00 to early afternoon

Breakfast sandwiches and burger/dogs will be available.

Link Posted: 9/25/2015 11:15:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Sporting clays reminder, this Sunday at ASC.

All you need is a shotgun and 2 boxes of birdshot, it's a ton of fun.

Link Posted: 9/25/2015 12:41:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Sporting clays reminder, this Sunday at ASC.
All you need is a shotgun and 2 boxes of birdshot, it's a ton of fun.

View Quote

I'm gonna be there ,not participating though. I'm finishing up my hours. See you there!
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 6:46:32 PM EDT
[#47]
IDPA Classifier at Sprague Rod and Gun this Sunday, 10/11/15, beginning at 9:00.

90 Bushnell Hollow Road
Baltic, CT 06330

Plan on getting there around 8:30 for sign in and safety brief.
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 12:54:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Did anyone go to the Andover three gun ? I wish I had known,I live right by there and went last year. It was fun
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 4:49:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Did anyone go to the Andover three gun ? I wish I had known,I live right by there and went last year. It was fun
View Quote

I did. It was a good match. I did my large stage run in the blizzard.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top