Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2015 8:46:07 AM EDT
The wife and I went and saw American sniper last night.....I highly recomend it . I read the book about a year before Chris Kyle was killed and I have to say the movie did the book justice. The battle scenes were very well done but I thought the way Eastwood captured Chris's struggle with performing his duty as a Seal vs. his duty as a father and husband was detailed perfectly.

Even my wife who can't stand violence in movies said to me that seeing the violence was worth hearing his story ( as she balled like a baby walking out) .

She did not know he was killed on a gun range in Tx helping a PTSD vet.

Anyway I recomend seeing it.....and stay till the house lights come on...and it gets dusty in the theater.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:59:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The wife and I went and saw American sniper last night.....I highly recomend it . I read the book about a year before Chris Kyle was killed and I have to say the movie did the book justice. The battle scenes were very well done but I thought the way Eastwood captured Chris's struggle with performing his duty as a Seal vs. his duty as a father and husband was detailed perfectly.

Even my wife who can't stand violence in movies said to me that seeing the violence was worth hearing his story ( as she balled like a baby walking out) .

Anyway I recomend seeing it.....and stay till the house lights come on...and it gets dusty in the theater.
View Quote

we saw it, it was done well. i watched his entire funeral before and it didn't have the same affect as the movie. his funeral procession in the end is very tough to watch without a few tissues .

upsetting he's getting his recognition now, 2 years after his death

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:32:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree, very well done. The wife and I both saw it opening weekend. I am really glad they didn't mess this one up and did it right.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:49:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Been reading some of the comments people have written about him.....I am thoroughly disgusted in reading that people think " he got what he deserved" ,"he is a liar" and other disgusting BS. I really hate the Internet sometimes because I  damn well know they would never say that shit in person.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:10:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Been reading some of the comments people have written about him.....I am thoroughly disgusted in reading that people think " he got what he deserved" ,"he is a liar" and other disgusting BS. I really hate the Internet sometimes because I  damn well know they would never say that shit in person.

View Quote

let them say that shit. they won't be protected.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:33:02 AM EDT
[#5]
There is a Chris Kyle memorial benefit (film-reception and auction) fundraiser here in Connecticut February 8 in Berlin theater and Cromwell crown plaza hotel. I am one of the organizers with Kevin Lacz "dauber" who plays himself in the movie. Tickets are $75 and all the proceeds go to charity.

link to event page
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:19:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I saw it also On opening night , it was a packed house. Not a peep from the viewers as we left.

My wife didn't realize Chris Kyle was killed until about 15 min before we stepped into the theater. She was really upset which I wasn't expecting ,the book and the story really touched her.

We both are disgusted with the liberals and the comments that have come out since the film.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

we saw it, it was done well. i watched his entire funeral before and it didn't have the same affect as the movie. his funeral procession in the end is very tough to watch without a few tissues .

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with both your comments. Very sad , but HE will put our flags half staff for Whitney Houston  

eta; it was gov. christie  ordered the flags in NJ to be at half mast. sorry for the misinformation.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:23:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I agree with both your comments. Very sad , but we will put our flags half staff for Whitney Houston  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with both your comments. Very sad , but we will put our flags half staff for Whitney Houston  

Most don't even know who he was unfortunately . Younger generation is blind
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:32:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My 18 yr old son knows who he is. He was waiting for a long time to see this movie.

Whitney Houston got the flags at half staff because our state legislators are also on crack. They lost one of theirs.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:54:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My 18 yr old son knows who he is. He was waiting for a long time to see this movie.

Whitney Houston got the flags at half staff because our state legislators are also on crack. They lost one of theirs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ass crack maybe
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:04:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only as blind as their parents.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:27:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Holy shit!  The flag was set at half staff for Whitney Houston?  I missed that.  Was it a CT thing or a national thing?

It seems these days the flag is set at half staff for all sorts of dumb stuff.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:03:40 PM EDT
[#13]
One thing my wife found funny was the conversation Chris Kylie's dad has with his boys in the begining of the movie,the sheep,wolf and sheep dog conversation.
Not just last week did I have that conversation with my son.

... My wife looked at me and asked if the conversation is mandatory for southern/south western fathers and sons....I told her only if your goal is to raise good men.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:43:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Jesse Ventura disgusts me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:16:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the regular. Libtard that really disgusts me. The Michael moores and other celebrity libtards use it as a excuse to still be relevant. It's the unwashed libtard masses that I just can't understand
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:56:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet more younger people know who he is than older people.

But not enough people know who he is regardless.  Hopefully this movie changes that.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:02:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Movie was ok.
I couldn't read the book- not sure that I believe everything that he wrote, if I start to question 1 thing then I start to question everything. His story about Ventura proved to be a lie! He also had another story that was questionable- him killing two would be robbers and getting a pass cause of his connections.... So I can't jump on the bandwagon. I liked hathcocks book much more but I was a kid when I read it- time changes your perspective.
I am sure he was very good at what he did however his book is/was self serving which makes me question it. Truthfully I think both he and Ventura are/were a little nuts! Maybe that's what it takes to be a seal! Killing people- even bad guys has to take a toll on one- unless your a sociopath.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:37:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Movie was ok.
I couldn't read the book- not sure that I believe everything that he wrote, if I start to question 1 thing then I start to question everything. His story about Ventura proved to be a lie! He also had another story that was questionable- him killing two would be robbers and getting a pass cause of his connections.... So I can't jump on the bandwagon. I liked hathcocks book much more but I was a kid when I read it- time changes your perspective.
I am sure he was very good at what he did however his book is/was self serving which makes me question it. Truthfully I think both he and Ventura are/were a little nuts! Maybe that's what it takes to be a seal! Killing people- even bad guys has to take a toll on one- unless your a sociopath.
View Quote

It's SEAL.  Always capitalized as a sign of respect.  No, I never served.  That's just the way certain things are done.  But of course, as always, just a suggestion.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:36:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It's SEAL.  Always capitalized as a sign of respect.  No, I never served.  That's just the way certain things are done.  But of course, as always, just a suggestion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Movie was ok.

uh........ thanks grammar prosecutor!
shouldn't you be busy busting isis or la cosa nostra?
go drink some expensive scotch or cook some kobe beef ya pogue!
no offense meant- that's just how i roll when I deal with grammar cops
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:47:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Movie was ok.

Riiiiiiight.  Again, it's just respect. Nothing grammatical about it.  You don't care to give it but instead go on a tangent.   Never stop being you.  Whatever that may be.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:53:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:05:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:10:59 PM EDT
[#23]
I read the book a couple months before he was killed, so it was a shock when I heard what had happened to him.  I havent seen the movie yet, Ill probably wait for the comfort of my living room(not a fan of theaters anymore), but my parents saw it and loved it.  

After reading the book, I can say I felt really different than nutter.  He was arrogant, cocky, etc.....and he knew it.  He was proud of that, and based on what he wrote, that is a MUST in the qualities that make a guy a SEAL.  Yea the book was flattering of him, but so what, its an autobiography about himself, and he was extremely proud of his life.  What was he supposed to write, that he hated himself and what he had done?  

I just dont how you came to your conclusion nutter?  You have to know what your going into when you pick this book up.  Kyle makes it clear early on in the book.  

Anyways, he is a hero, and excelled at whatever he did, and im glad hes getting recognition from people who would have otherwise never heard of him.

Also, look up the conspiracies surrounding his death.  Around the same time a handful of 2A activists died, including John Noveske.  Literally within a month or so I think it was 4 or 5 guys that all died untimely deaths.  After Sandy Hook, when the government was talking about a national ban.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:16:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I read the book a couple months before he was killed, so it was a shock when I heard what had happened to him.  I havent seen the movie yet, Ill probably wait for the comfort of my living room(not a fan of theaters anymore), but my parents saw it and loved it.  

After reading the book, I can say I felt really different than nutter.  He was arrogant, cocky, etc.....and he knew it.  He was proud of that, and based on what he wrote, that is a MUST in the qualities that make a guy a SEAL.  Yea the book was flattering of him, but so what, its an autobiography about himself, and he was extremely proud of his life.  What was he supposed to write, that he hated himself and what he had done?  

I just dont how you came to your conclusion nutter?  You have to know what your going into when you pick this book up.  Kyle makes it clear early on in the book.  

Anyways, he is a hero, and excelled at whatever he did, and im glad hes getting recognition from people who would have otherwise never heard of him.

Also, look up the conspiracies surrounding his death.  Around the same time a handful of 2A activists died, including John Noveske.  Literally within a month or so I think it was 4 or 5 guys that all died untimely deaths.  After Sandy Hook, when the government was talking about a national ban.
View Quote

I pointed out how I came to my conclusions- the whole Ventura story was a lie, and the story about him killing a couple of would be attackers and getting a pass- doesn't add up!
He was also good at what he did! never said he wasn't!
I just dont believe everything he wrote- thats all. If you do, thats cool - to each their own.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:37:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
the whole Ventura story was a lie,
View Quote

You're basing this on what?  Two seperate parties stories, both of whom had witnesses to back their accounts?
Or a jury who, most likely,  didn't understand half the crap the trial laywers where spewing?

Ventura is a scumbag, because even after Cheif Kyle's murder, he continued his lawsuit against the widow and estate. He should have just stfu and walked away. Who cares if he did or didn't talk some smack and get corrected? If anything, his character was defamed exponentially more when he sued a fellow, brother SEAL's widow over some dumb shit no one cared about in the first place. $1.8M, you got to be kidding me!

The man IS a hero, plain and simple. Cocky, braggadocious.....whatever.
You go graduate BUDS, then sniper school, do 4 tours in a combat zone, oh and get the MOST confirmed kills in ANY US war and tell me your balls won't be dragging on the floor.

Sorry for coming off wrong, but thats just how I roll when I see a chimp come in waving his arms around!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:56:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You're basing this on what?  Two seperate parties stories, both of whom had witnesses to back their accounts?
Or a jury who, most likely,  didn't understand half the crap the trial laywers where spewing?

Ventura is a scumbag, because even after Cheif Kyle's murder, he continued his lawsuit against the widow and estate. He should have just stfu and walked away. Who cares if he did or didn't talk some smack and get corrected? If anything, his character was defamed exponentially more when he sued a fellow, brother SEAL's widow over some dumb shit no one cared about in the first place. $1.8M, you got to be kidding me!

You go graduate BUDS, then sniper school, do 4 tours in a combat zone, oh and get the MOST confirmed kills in ANY US war and tell me your balls won't be dragging on the floor.

Sorry for coming off wrong, but thats just how I roll when I see a chimp come in waving his arms around!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

your not wrong and its ok if you like him, believe him....whatever
I stated my opinion on the book and movie- that's it! nothing more!
If what I said knotted your panties up, I got 1 suggestion- stop wearing panties
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:35:40 AM EDT
[#27]
For nutter
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:55:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:41:15 AM EDT
[#29]
I liked the movie, though I'm still sitting on the book.

As for this other drama, I really don't care.  I'm happy to think of him as loyal to his country and very good at his job.  I appreciate his service and was sad about the way his life ended.

If you want to remember him for anything other than that, you're free to think or say what you want (thanks to guys like him), but I think that misses the point.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:47:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Are some of the stories in his book tall tales or exaggerations? Most likely, yes. We will never know for sure since his untimely death.

Some things are fact.

1. His confirmed kill number is a fact. He probably has more kills but the confirmed number is on the record.

2. He did 4 tours of duty.

3. He came home with PTSD.

4. He was a SEAL.

The rest is unproven fact. Some embellished to make an interesting book and movie. One thing all these fuck nut hollywood assholes can't claim is serving their country. American hating assholes like Michael Moore should actually do something heroic instead of hiding behind armed security disparaging those who served.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:20:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Badass alpha dog SEAL tells a few tall tales ???  Imagine that!?

Big deal!  These guys are human too.  Flaws and all.

He's dead.  At least let the good he did inspire a few generations.

Jesus.... Think of the TRUE stories he couldn't tell anyone and he took to his grave......
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:09:46 PM EDT
[#32]
On Facebook, I've been spending quite a bit of time discussing my point of view about *I* feel people are wrong about how they're seeing Chris Kyle, Clint Eastwood, the book, the film, etc. I guess I could say I've been arguing with them, but I do try not to come across as though I'm telling them they're wrong, because it's just their opinion and/or perspective of a situation that none of us are part of. It's like arguing with someone else about their choice of favorite color.

And most of the people I've been arguing with, are Ron Paul supporters.

These are people who see themselves as "awake" to the reality of government control. They have a view of themselves as having had "their eyes opened" to the truth.

But more often than not, they're just as blindly fucking ignorant as the most progressive libtard in Connecticut, because their arrogance has put up a wall as to how everyone else could possibly see them. They refuse to see things as a whole, rather than just the black & white, textbook take on the world that they think everything is based on.

Sometimes I truly hate a large majority of ROn Paul supporters. Some of them see every word out of his mouth as though it's from the mouth of God, and they blindly support it as such, the same way these die-hard obama supporters will overlook the shit he does, when they know damn well they'd spit blood very their face if George Bush did they same thing!

Anyway... I've got one "friend" on my Facebook friends list, whom I've never met, who has a huge hard on for chastising Chris Kyle. He posts all these memes that depict him as the character in Tarantino's film "Inglorious Basterds", who's glorified for killing hundreds of American troops.

He's relating Chris Kyle to being a nazi.

I asked him, simply, "Have you seen the film?"

His response was "I won't watch it."

And this was my response...

"The Catholic Church says "We don't need to watch it" every time they protest a film that could depict a version of Jesus that *might* be contrary to their teachings, too. They've caused many films to either lose a lot of money (if not destroy a franchise entirely), or even ruin careers. And then when the film comes out, they never retract what they've done or apologize for overreacting.

I've seen American Sniper, AND I've read the book. Neither the film, nor the book, come across like he was promoting killing people. The book is more of his emotional thoughts on paper and the film is strictly a story about him, and not popularizing a sense of "hero worship" that many people seem to have for soldiers, just for the sheer fact that they're soldiers. I don't suffer from that problem, myself. Though I do have an enormous blanket respect for firemen and Coast Guard. But that's my own opinion, based on my own experience.

Chris Kyle's fellow Soldiers, Airmen, Marines, Sailors, SEALS, etc, all call him "hero", solely because, as depicted in the film, he was their first line of defense in the field of combat. He saved the lives of many soldiers, who would have otherwise died if he didn't pick off that guy with a grenade, rifle, rocket launcher, etc, from a distance, or stop other snipers from shooting them. And the families that know that the only reason their sons are home now, to raise kids of their own on American soil, are there solely due to the fact that Chris Kyle stopped some piece of shit from killing them.

That fictional film in Inglorious Basterds showed a sniper who was similar to Charles Whitman, randomly sniping people as he saw them. Anyone who came near to him, got shot. And he did so without remorse, simply because it was his duty, And stood behind the excuse that he was just following orders.

As explained in the book and shown on film... It genuinely bothered Chris Kyle to "kill". But he felt that he needed to be out there, to save his fellow soldiers, and was willing to let his family life suffer for it. Any enjoyment he got from "killing brown people", was because he's seen what they've done to his friends, while in active duty. More as a retaliatory desire to kill, that satisfied his anger and agression over seeing his friends being killed. Very much the way I know I'd take glory in tearing the skin off of anyone who armed a member of my family.

Now... Debating whether he SHOULD HAVE been over there, in a country that's NO threat to American national security, is something I'll never argue over. That's a pure and simple fact. Our politicians in Washington are the guilty ones in that. The ones who decide to go to "war" illegally and send young men to do their financial bidding... Those are the ones who deserve our wrath.... They're wearing suits and collecting large salaries on our dime, to wage war with people who otherwise wouldn't give a shit about us, if we weren't already  over there bombing, raiding and shooting them.

Chris Kyle and millions of other soldiers sent into battle, since the dawn of recorded human history, all HAD a choice to do what they MUST have known to be wrong or right. He chose to do what he was told, by men who don't give a shit about him or the people who he was being ordered to kill. Provide whatever adjective you want, to suit that description. *I* don't see it as a positive.

*I* would follow my sworn oath to protect Americans and defend the values of the Constitution, by going after the corrupt politicians on American soil.

But I don't believe anything Chris Kyle did, would deserve him being called a nazi.

I see Chris Kyle more as an Oscar Schindler. He knew he wasn't doing the bidding of God's best intentions... But based on his situation he was in, he made the best of it, to save the lives of those he was closest to."

Just today, I saw This Article pop up on my Facebook News Feed.

I agree with a lot of what that article is saying.

Maybe because I already know that Clint Eastwood IS an anti-war, Liberty minded Ron Paul supporter? And those who have a different perspective of Clint or snipers or Iraq, etc, see things their own way.

Before you pass judgement on something, like a film, take a look at the film's director, first. I'm pretty sure Clint Eastwood has proven himself over the decades.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:16:33 PM EDT
[#33]
As for the other things surrounding Chris Kyle,tbh I don't care.
He went and served his country and by all accounts was an excellent soldier who did his job very well.

...If you dig long enough.....eventually you can find things a person says or does that others can use as fodder for there own cause.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:30:47 PM EDT
[#34]
What pisses me off the most, is how the libtards will rail against his being a nazi or a liar or a murderer or satan, etc...

Yet they praise obama for drone bombing hundreds of children and women who've never threatened American national security.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:37:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What pisses me off the most, is how the libtards will rail against his being a nazi or a liar or a murderer or satan, etc...

Yet they praise obama for drone bombing hundreds of children and women who've never threatened American national security.

View Quote

Why you don't?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:58:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:06:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Feminists!

Who the fuck told them women they were worth anything!

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:24:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Well at least those women and girls won't be able to vote, right?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well at least those women and girls won't be able to vote, right?

I don't care what they do in other countries. Just as long as they stop fucking it up here.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top