Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:37:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got the 4x pathfinder- she is a fucking beast in the snow! I can get thru anything if I go slow!  I am in same local- holler if you need help- if I can I will!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't have a truck but I have a 4wd sedan, so if anyone in the Fairfield area needs help digging in an emergency I'm here.

I got the 4x pathfinder- she is a fucking beast in the snow! I can get thru anything if I go slow!  I am in same local- holler if you need help- if I can I will!
Ah this makes sense now it must be the water down here

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:42:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Seriously?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gentleman, this is serious. I just received a reverse 911 call, asking if people who drive 4x4 can be available for "emergency responders"...

Seriously?

Serious...were all going to die...or get fat eating french toast...

I really did get the call though...
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:49:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:51:37 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

Got my bread and milk today. Everyone else was thinking the same thing. Wtf
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:52:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gentleman, this is serious. I just received a reverse 911 call, asking if people who drive 4x4 can be available for "emergency responders"...

Seriously?

That's the first I have heard of that
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:56:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

went to costco in enfield today

the line was crazy! i was doing the bread and milk guy stuff and almost shit there was a dude with 10 gallons of milk! me and my wife almost burst into laughter.but

he is probably in charge of a shelter or something so i can understand that.

we walked out, nothing we were in dire need for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A costco card and one trip will change all that, forever.

the line was crazy! i was doing the bread and milk guy stuff and almost shit there was a dude with 10 gallons of milk! me and my wife almost burst into laughter.but

Buy 10 gallons of milk wait until tomorrow and sell for double. WINNING!!

Or buy it with EBT and then sell it outside for cash and then go buy some weed.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:24:57 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Posted that video on the first page but couldn't embed so its a link instead.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:29:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

What, you've never heard that before? Heard it several times in the past during major snow storms. Normally they want those folks to help get docs and nurse's to the hospital or help transport food/medicine to those snowed in. Or perform other similar tasks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:30:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What, you've never heard that before? Heard it several times in the past during major snow storms. Normally they want those folks to help get docs and nurse's to the hospital or help transport food/medicine to those snowed in. Or perform other similar tasks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope they call me. Sleds are ready to go
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:52:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like most RPG's
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:07:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sounds like most RPG's
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like most RPG's
Hahahahahaha

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:44:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A costco card and one trip will change all that, forever.

Bj's gas station in Waterbury was a mad house !!! Line was from the Harpers Ferry exit a mile away 1.96 a gallon !!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:56:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Anyone needs help tomorrow or Tuesday in Shelton and nearby Trumbull Monroe etc I'll be plowing and shoveling send me a message. Looks to be one for the record books.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:19:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Looks like it's been downgraded a hair. Not seeing any 30 inches numbers anymore
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:44:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Looks like it's been downgraded a hair. Not seeing any 30 inches numbers anymore
View Quote

Yep. Looks like 18 to 24 inches being predicted for most of CT. That's still a lot of snow to deal with.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:09:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Might as well post this blizzard report from the GD thread...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wML2V6crNc0#

Some forecasted snow totals for CT and surrounding states from the National Weather Service.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:12:39 AM EDT
[#17]
24"-36" let's get this party started
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:15:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Anyone needs help tomorrow or Tuesday in Shelton and nearby Trumbull Monroe etc I'll be plowing and shoveling send me a message. Looks to be one for the record books.
View Quote

If you need help,  just give me a call
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:58:40 AM EDT
[#19]
dont think we will see 36 inches. this one will be over tomorrow afternoon sometime. i say 16-18 inches for most of the state
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:09:53 AM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:41:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Very nice of you "younger" guys to volunteer to help "older" guys out if nèeded.  Frick'n years fly by and you find yourself stuck home with your leg up wrapped in ice recovering from your second total knee replacement in 8 weeks.  Last thing I need is a blizzard for the wife to handle.  She's a tough little polish woman though,  hardest working person  I ever met, it's true what they say about polacks.  (no offense intended).  Knee's suck but will get better, bought myself a new BCM upper  to ease the pain and have something to look forward to.  Don't forget stuttering Dan is probably creaming as he gets to play weatherman again and Nancy Wyman will be standing behind him robotically smiling, nodding and never speaking.  Does she ever talk?  Really can't remember ever hearing her voice.  We're actually pretty well set, got supplies, even the coveted D cells which will be like gold the  next day after the storm.  Neighbor will help out and clear the end of the driveway, dog will struggle though trying to find her now buried shit spot.  Ah, the joys of new England living, honestly if I never saw below 50 again.....
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:03:26 AM EDT
[#22]
I was in S&S last night, on my normal grocery schedule. It was pandemonium. The bread aisle was bare, milk was gone, even eggs and cheese were scarce. I find the panic amusing and scary at the same time. Its snow, its not even a lot of snow, and people go all end of days. Pretty pathetic.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:13:09 AM EDT
[#23]
" />

My photo bucket it broken. Probably because of the storm.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:33:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Someone just called W TIC jim V show said he saw on craigslist that someone bought 960 loaves of bread and is selling them on craigslist for $10 a loaf! I almost died laughing I can't find the ad.The caller was  pissed

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:39:06 AM EDT
[#26]
</a>" />

Found it!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:47:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Pure coincidence - I brought one of my snowmobiles home from VT yesterday so I could do some wrenching in the garage one evening this week.  If things keep up, I'm sure my son's school will be closed tomorrow so I'll plan on fixing the sled tonight and ripping around town all night :)
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:49:22 AM EDT
[#28]

Lololol

Master level trolling

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:49:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Our fearless leader has instituted a travel ban beginning at 9:00 PM today...
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:52:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

No

My 4wd is for my own damn emergencies
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:54:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Our fearless leader has instituted a travel ban beginning at 9:00 PM today...
View Quote

Will not comply

FDM molon labe

I'm grabbing mah SKS and goin innawoods

69+1
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:11:51 PM EDT
[#32]
I hate this fucking snow.  I run truck routes and this causes hell for me.  
Used to love it when it was a school snow day but now this type of snow causes me aggravation and costs me money.  

Bah humbug!!!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:19:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I hate this fucking snow.  I run truck routes and this causes hell for me.  
Used to love it when it was a school snow day but now this type of snow causes me aggravation and costs me money.  

Bah humbug!!!!
View Quote

Makes me want to suck start a shotgun
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Massively downgraded.  This morning try were talking 30".  Now they're saying the worst areas might see 24".  Well probably see 12-18".  The wind will be the issue though, knocking down trees and taking power lines down.  Prepare guys for no power.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:20:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Massively downgraded.  This morning try were ak king 30".  Now they're saying the worst areas might see 24".  Well probably see 12-18".  The wind will be the issue though, knocking down trees and taking power lines down.  Prepare guys for no power.
View Quote

way downgraded is right. this is gonna be ultra fluffy snow. 12 inches of air
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:21:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:40:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That was the arfcom group text in action
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Someone just called W TIC jim V show said he saw on craigslist that someone bought 960 loaves of bread and is selling them on craigslist for $10 a loaf! I almost died laughing I can't find the ad.The caller was  pissed

That was the arfcom group text in action

Haha nice! The caller was upset , jim V told him " I think someone punked you"  I'm still chuckling
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:47:30 PM EDT
[#38]
When are the MRAPS being brought out to play in the snow so they can say, "See!  We told you we need them."

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:05:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Hey funny I saw this thread. Some people at work are talking about some snow tonight. First I have heard of it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:15:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Massively downgraded.  This morning try were ak king 30".  Now they're saying the worst areas might see 24".  Well probably see 12-18".  The wind will be the issue though, knocking down trees and taking power lines down.  Prepare guys for no power.

WOW my spellcheck took my mis-spelling of talking and converted it to ak king
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:20:17 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Very nice of you "younger" guys to volunteer to help "older" guys out if nèeded.  Frick'n years fly by and you find yourself stuck home with your leg up wrapped in ice recovering from your second total knee replacement in 8 weeks.  Last thing I need is a blizzard for the wife to handle.  She's a tough little polish woman though,  hardest working person  I ever met, it's true what they say about polacks.  (no offense intended).  Knee's suck but will get better, bought myself a new BCM upper  to ease the pain and have something to look forward to.  Don't forget stuttering Dan is probably creaming as he gets to play weatherman again and Nancy Wyman will be standing behind him robotically smiling, nodding and never speaking.  Does she ever talk?  Really can't remember ever hearing her voice.  We're actually pretty well set, got supplies, even the coveted D cells which will be like gold the  next day after the storm.  Neighbor will help out and clear the end of the driveway, dog will struggle though trying to find her now buried shit spot.  Ah, the joys of new England living, honestly if I never saw below 50 again.....
View Quote
Not sure where you are in CT but if you need help just shout.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:31:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

We should all call the guy and ask if he will part out the bread. Tell him we need 2 slices for a sandwich, how much? Then lets all call him in a week and ask if he has any left. Just drive him nuts with constant phone calls.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:32:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Times like this I wish we still had our quads and snowmobiles
I miss that Banshee
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Many towns/cities have put up parking bans. For those in New Haven here is the parking ban info.

“New Haven is well-prepared for a coordinated, comprehensive response to this snowstorm and that response will be all-the-more effective with cooperation from city residents,” Mayor Harp said. “We’re asking those with extra driveway space to allow neighbors to park there and we’re asking local businesses with parking lots to make those available as well.”

The parking ban includes downtown New Haven (the area encircled by Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard, State Street, Grove Street, and Howe Street), posted snow emergency routes, and the odd-numbered side of all other city streets.

Free alternative parking is available in New Haven Public Schools parking lots, city park parking lots, the Granite Square parking garage, and for a $3 per day fee, at the Temple Street parking garage. Residents are also reminded the neighborhood parking remains permissible on the even-numbered side of city streets.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:40:40 PM EDT
[#45]

I was in the Torrington Walmart this morning. Gas cans, camp stoves and propane bottles were all sold out. I just laughed at everyone that was panic shopping. 4 people asked for gas cans in the course of 5 minutes. I didn't buy a thing. ( except bread)

Mike
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I was in the Torrington Walmart this morning. Gas cans, camp stoves and propane bottles were all sold out. I just laughed at everyone that was panic shopping. 4 people asked for gas cans in the course of 5 minutes. I didn't buy a thing. ( except bread)

Mike
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Mike

One of the advantages to living in a small town is you have lots of food on hand. We live in Stafford so we are forced to either pay the ridiculous prices at our local Big Y or go to another town to shop. My wife being the frugal person she is shops all the sales. We buy large amounts of stuff when on sale. So when times like this hit we are good to go. About the only item we really need is milk for my coffee. So if we run out I drink black coffee not a big deal. She bakes her own bread anyway and we have enough flour and yeast to bake a hundred or more loaves.

Generator has fuel for 4-5 days.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Many towns/cities have put up parking bans. For those in New Haven here is the parking ban info.

“New Haven is well-prepared for a coordinated, comprehensive response to this snowstorm and that response will be all-the-more effective with cooperation from city residents,” Mayor Harp said. “We’re asking those with extra driveway space to allow neighbors to park there and we’re asking local businesses with parking lots to make those available as well.”

The parking ban includes downtown New Haven (the area encircled by Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard, State Street, Grove Street, and Howe Street), posted snow emergency routes, and the odd-numbered side of all other city streets.

Free alternative parking is available in New Haven Public Schools parking lots, city park parking lots, the Granite Square parking garage, and for a $3 per day fee, at the Temple Street parking garage. Residents are also reminded the neighborhood parking remains permissible on the even-numbered side of city streets.
View Quote

FUCK NEW HAVEN!!  they should allow all parking garages to be free in big snow storms...   Or do they already??
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#48]
My local Cumby's in Burlington, now out of gas. They have been crowded all day. It truly amazes me that everyone waits for the last minute to get ready for the storm.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:18:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
My local Cumby's in Burlington, now out of gas. They have been crowded all day. It truly amazes me that everyone waits for the last minute to get ready for the storm.

Mike
View Quote

Most of the gas stations here had premium only.  One of the stop and robs had no snacks.  People just grabbing old cans of Pringles.  Amazing when you think about it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:27:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Most of the gas stations here had premium only.  One of the stop and robs had no snacks.  People just grabbing old cans of Pringles.  Amazing when you think about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mike

Wait! You pump your own gas. I thought that was only for us serfs.  
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top