Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2015 11:32:39 AM EDT
In the "Sandy Hook Commission Will Renew Call for Controversial Gun Ban In Final Report" thread I wrote:

"There is no reason for anyone down south or out west to have an ounce of respect for a so-called "Yankee".

All the Yale and Harvard fucks that end up being president keep scewing them. The northeast and the west coast keep screwing them too. "

Perhaps I should have worded that more as a question.

So.....

Why the hell should citizens of the south and the rest of "free" America show us any respect?  I've been stuck in this CT shit hole for 30 years due to marriage and other factors, but I have lived in MUCH better states and countries.  People from New England and the west coast keep dumping their commie crap on the rest of the country.  Why should they not hate us?

Link Posted: 6/1/2012 10:32:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:42:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
In the "Sandy Hook Commission Will Renew Call for Controversial Gun Ban In Final Report" thread I wrote:

"There is no reason for anyone down south or out west to have an ounce of respect for a so-called "Yankee".

All the Yale and Harvard fucks that end up being president keep scewing them. The northeast and the west coast keep screwing them too. "

So.....

Why the hell should citizens of the south and the rest of "free" America show us any respect?  I've been stuck in this CT shit hole for 30 years due to marriage and other factors, but I have lived in MUCH better states and countries.  People from New England and the west coast keep dumping their commie crap on the rest of the country.  Why should they not hate us?

View Quote

i feel they shouldnt. most uneducated feel like we voted the laws into affect because we didnt do enough to keep these lawmakers from being re-elected in the first place. obviously we tried. just outnumbered.

the rest say fuck it and move , your an douche if you dont. ya well its not so easy to do that either
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:43:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:13:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I had actually posted out a lengthy reply to that comment but deleted it. Then I typed out a really short reply, then deleted that, too.

Its actually one of the dumbest fucking things Ive read on here, and I spend a decent amount of time in GD. I think that about sums it all up nicely.

Food for thought - John Adams went to Harvard, and that douche bag had the nerve to be a large part of the founding of this country. So did both Roosevelts, Kennedy, and G.W.

If Im born white and in America, but attend a school in Africa, at what point do I become black?

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:22:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i feel they shouldnt. most uneducated feel like we voted the laws into affect because we didnt do enough to keep these lawmakers from being re-elected in the first place. obviously we tried. just outnumbered.

the rest say fuck it and move , your an douche if you dont. ya well its not so easy to do that either
View Quote

I'm not just talking about gun laws.  The northeast and the west coast export all their regulatory, nanny, commie shit all over the country and force other states to take it via the federal government.

RomneyCare, ObamaCare, EPA, No Child Left Behind, Common Core, HUD, 5mph bumpers, airbags, etc, etc, etc.......The list of freedom infringements (many of which start in the northeast and west coast) goes on for thousands of pages.  Hell, I'm surprised there isn't a national regulation for motorcycle helmet use.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So.....

View Quote

Fixed
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm not just talking about gun laws.  The northeast and the west coast export all their regulatory, nanny, commie shit all over the country and force other states to take it via the federal government.

RomneyCare, ObamaCare, EPA, No Child Left Behind, Common Core, HUD, 5mph bumpers, airbags, etc, etc, etc.......The list of freedom infringements (many of which start in the northeast and west coast) goes on for thousands of pages.  Hell, I'm surprised there isn't a national regulation for motorcycle helmet use.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the way i look at it is don't judge a book by its cover. just because we live in one of the most restricted areas of the country, doesn't make us the reasons for those restrictions.

hatters gonna hate
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:05:19 PM EDT
[#8]
There are plenty of votes for the commie BS coming from legislators representing so-called free states. We owe obamacare in no small part to a senator from Nebraska, for example.

ETA: Harry Reid is from Nevada for fucks sake.

ETA: And who are these assholes to say a word when almost every single one of them follows current federal and state laws.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:54:41 PM EDT
[#9]
You guys are clearly outnumbered and fighting one of the toughest fights for gun rights in the country, that's why they should respect you. Don't give up.

Next time someone tells you you should move out of CT, tell them they should move into CT.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:12:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You guys are clearly outnumbered and fighting one of the toughest fights for gun rights in the country, that's why they should respect you. Don't give up.

Next time someone tells you you should move out of CT, tell them they should move into CT.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:51:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank You
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:56:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Again.....  this isn't just about guns.  In the other thread (about the Sandy Hook Commission) some people were whining that southerners keyed a car, change your CT license plate, saying southerners hate Yankees and other such stuff.  Rather than clutter up that discussion I decided to start a different thread suggesting that perhaps southerners have good reason to not like New Englanders in general (regardless of firearm shit).

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:46:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit dude!

Obamacare - Ben Nelson (Nebraska) let the damn thing out of the senate along with votes out of FL, LA and SC.
No Child Left Behind - George W. Bush (Texas) signed it into law.
HUD - Lyndon Johnson (Texas) signed it into law.
Common Core - Gained early support from the governors of AZ, KY, GA, and ID, all renowned bastions of yankee liberalism of course
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:20:57 PM EDT
[#14]
There are people standing up for their rights here.  The people criticizing us don't have to worry about breaking laws.  They are not standing up for anything.  Who is the sheep now?

Why wouldn't they be behind us?

The fight for the 2A starts here, not ends here....

Think about that.   What does that tell you about the people speaking Ill of us?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:28:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So.....

View Quote

Sorry but the fight against government infringing upon our rights transcends state lines.

Personally I think its silly to put down people in another state who are trying to fight against infringements of their rights.

But this being a free country (such as it is) they are free to dump on us if they choose to do so. I'd hope that everyone on this website would recognize that beneath all the sniping and good natured (and not so good natured) ribbing that is handed out (especially in GD) based simply upon where one lives, that we'd all band together to fight or at the very least oppose these anti right laws where ever they may be. For if we don't, we'll all hang separately as the progressives defeat us in detail on a state by state basis.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:40:52 PM EDT
[#16]
"Let's get out of here."

Said by NO ONE at the Alamo.

Let's hope the outcome is different this time.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:52:19 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm trying to stay in this state, but it's harder and harder every year. I do not make tons of money like every other arfcommer. The only reason I would move to another state is for a better job and lower taxes, not because of the gun laws here. I have more guns than I know what to do with, even though I always lust for more. Someone help me get a better management job and I'd be happy to stay a few more years and continue fighting the good fight!
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

The first civilian version of the AR-15/M16 was the Colt Sporter, made in Hartford over 50 years ago!

What happened to this formerly firearm manufacturing State?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 6:25:00 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't look down on you, largely because I've been in your shoes. I moved from Maryland to Trumbull for a few years, then back to Maryland. Being able to get a permit in CT was amazing..... that's next to impossible in MD. But in 2010 I was having a tough time finding work there.

Circumstances permitted me to make the move West. But having lived in 2 deep-blue states, I empathize.
After many years of feeling a little smug because I could vote my conscience (since my vote made absolutely no difference in MD.), I got the opportunity to get the hell out, so I took it.

It's the problem of the urban-attitude folks being the bulk of the voters and controlling the more rural-type thinkers, and unless you can somehow move your state away from New York, I don't see a pretty outcome. Or get NYC to annex Fairfield County.

So I get it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 6:52:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Sadly, I don't see any way for you guys to win this fight. The deck is stacked against you by your tyrants.
You are NOT represented by your reps, you are RESENTED by them.
 You guys have been made into a boogeyman by your reps, and your media. If it was me, I'd figure out a way to escape Ct forever.
As always, you have my support.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:45:00 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Sadly, I don't see any way for you guys to win this fight. The deck is stacked against you by your tyrants.

You guys have been made into a boogeyman by your reps, and your media. If it was me, I'd figure out a way to escape Ct forever.

View Quote
It has been done before...it can be done again. There is recourse after the failure of representation.

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:33:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

thanks for the love
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 2:21:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Does your support include a contribution to CCDL, which is pretty much the only representation we have? The NRA seems to not give a shit about  the Constitution State.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:01:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Does your support include a contribution to CCDL, which is pretty much the only representation we have? The NRA seems to not give a shit about  the Constitution State.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's pulling the wagon in the best way possible.   No need to question surf.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:27:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Surf is good stuff

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:31:07 PM EDT
[#26]
OK, good enough for me
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 4:15:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Don't forget this present political dogma is a Chicago thing.

Gotta keep on pushing back.
And what is up with NRA?

It gets old when you get called out for lying down and giving up, when that couldn't be farther from the truth.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:57:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
And what is up with NRA?

It gets old when you get called out for lying down and giving up, when that couldn't be farther from the truth.
View Quote

As far as CT is concerned it seems like NRA stands for "Not Ready to Act"

CCDL is a better place for my money.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:09:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
And what is up with NRA?
View Quote

They have 50 states to worry about and figure out where best to allocate their limited funds to fight back. The view from the cheap seats is that they have in large part written off CT as a place to make a major investment of their limited funds. Cant say I blame them considering how long we've had the AWB and how long the Democrats have controlled the legislature.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#30]
We are gangrene...lost.

I could care less what a juvenile keyboard commando from another State thinks. Anyone with half a brain realizes the folks posting here were outnumbered in our democratic process.

We deserve the government we elect.

"Move" is the answer.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:19:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
"Move" is the answer.
View Quote

Move is the short term solution. But long term those progressives here are also moving, and or their crotch fruit will also be moving out of state. Which then begs the question. Do you stand and fight now or do you or your children/grandchildren stand and fight at some later date when the progressive infection has spread beyond its current boundaries?

The progressives know that if they can continue to spread, typically to the inner cities and to locations that are affluent, they can turn those locations hard core progressive over time. There is a plan at work on their side, one with will bear fruit over the long term if they are not opposed.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:35:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Move is the short term solution. But long term those progressives here are also moving, and or their crotch fruit will also be moving out of state. Which then begs the question. Do you stand and fight now or do you or your children/grandchildren stand and fight at some later date when the progressive infection has spread beyond its current boundaries?

The progressives know that if they can continue to spread, typically to the inner cities and to locations that are affluent, they can turn those locations hard core progressive over time. There is a plan at work on their side, one with will bear fruit over the long term if they are not opposed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Move" is the answer.

Paul Revere didn't take his ride to tell people to move....
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:09:54 PM EDT
[#33]
anal sucks
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Paul Revere wasn't likely to have his life ruined by a felony.

Reality: CT isn't changing. I'm sticking around because of financial reasons and will vote accordingly. Look at the reality of the situation, did the ban of 94 hold up until superseded? Yep...indicative of the current climate. The politics might change slightly, but there's no apparent political will to change current statutes.

You reach a point where you calculate your remaining years and determine you want to enjoy them, not piss in the wind.

The first step is to separate fantasies from reality. There's no "revolution"...just gradual erosion. Do you want your kids and grand-kids to enjoy shooting? CT may not be the place.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:35:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Paul Revere wasn't likely to have his life ruined by a felony.

Reality: CT isn't changing. I'm sticking around because of financial reasons and will vote accordingly. You reach a point where you have to look at the reality of the situation. Has the ban of 94 held up? Yep...indicative of the current climate. The politics might change slightly, but there's no apparent political will to change current statutes.

You reach a point where you calculate your remaining years and determine you want to enjoy them, not piss in the wind.

The first step is to separate fantasies from reality. There's no "revolution"...just gradual erosion. Do you want your kids and grand-kids o enjoy shooting? CT may not be the place.
View Quote

No he wouldn't have faced a felony.  Just a red coat firing squad.

Don't confuse allegory with fantasy.  I'm not talking about open revolution.

The difference is of you take risks and draw a line in the sand of what bullshit you'll put up with, or not so you can plink with the grandkids
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:43:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Ya I hate most of CT and I agree with most on saying this state sucks.  Only here because I'm cheap and lazy.  Although this vegas trip has me doing a lot of job searching while here to see if I could move.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:45:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Ok, what does this line consist of? Stop or I'll say stop again?

We lost the battle and likely the war. The next step woud be to regroup and consolidate...our numbers are the same and the NRA isn't exactly dumping millions into "freedom" commercials in CT. You would think that would have occurred during the drama, or perhaps some mass mailing to the citizenry...yup, didn't happen either. Free safety course clinics to increase our numbers? Ah...no.

The people in charge of the Democratic party /gov vilify the gun culture. We're just holding on by our fingernails, waiting for the next Lanza.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

We lost the battle and likely the war. The next step woud be to regroup and consolidate...our numbers are the same and the NRA isn't exactly dumping millions into "freedom" commercials in CT. You would think that would have occurred during the drama, or perhaps some mass mailing to the citizenry...yup, didn't happen either. Free safety course clinics to increase our numbers? Ah...no.

The people in charge of the Democratic party /gov vilify the gun culture. We're just holding on by our fingernails, waiting for the next Lanza.
View Quote

That's up to you.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:19:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That's up to you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's up to you.

I don't think so. The way you guys were ignored at the hearings, even though you overwhelmed the antis, together with the last election, I must sadly agree with JKM.
I would like to think you guys could fix this shit, but I just don't see it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:55:41 PM EDT
[#40]
There are no legal means to "fix this shit". None.

Even if a large pink winged mammal erupts from my anus and SCOTUS strikes down the entire SB1160, it matters not. The state legislature will already have rammed/ecerted  3 or 4 more equally or more damning laws into the books which would take millions of dollars and another 10 years to reach the supreme court again for a roll of the dice.

Without a bottom to top cleansing there is no recourse.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:10:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The way you guys were ignored at the hearings, even though you overwhelmed the antis, together with the last election, I must sadly agree with JKM.
View Quote

Which hearings, the ones before or the single one after Sandy Hook. Keep in mind that prior to Sandy Hook gun control bills rarely made it out of committee for the past 10 years. Only because of Sandy Hook were we ignored despite the 300+ pro rights people who showed up for the one single hearing on a different gun bill than the one passed and talked for 15 hours. Because of 20 dead school children and 6 school employees we were guaranteed more gun control. Hell if Sandy Hook happened anywhere else, even in the reddest of states, chances are better than even that state would have more gun control.

I'm not as pessimistic as others. If the courts, ultimately SCOTUS, overturned portions or all of SB1160 then there is no telling what our legislature would do. They may try to pass something watered down like DC repeatedly does but I'm not so sure such a watered down bill would pass if we're talking five or ten years post Sandy Hook. A lot will depend on what happens this legislative session and what if any more gun control they are able to pass. As time passes people's emotions have died down from Sandy Hook. Yes the usual suspects will flog the Sandy Hook dead to advance their agenda but people may tire of it and realize that what was passed had nothing to do with preventing another Sandy Hook.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:13:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Ten years?
It's been two years, and now they want to take all your guns. In ten years time, they likely will infringe more, not less. Also, you have the dipshit media hyping every time anyone shoots anything.
  As an outsider looking in, I don't like your odds, though I guess I respect your optimism.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:08:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Ten years?
It's been two years, and now they want to take all your guns. In ten years time, they likely will infringe more, not less. Also, you have the dipshit media hyping every time anyone shoots anything.
  As an outsider looking in, I don't like your odds, though I guess I respect your optimism.
View Quote

Its important to remember that these are just proposed bills. Often there are similar bills proposed during the odd year sessions that are mucho .

While there are some die hard gun grabbers like Bye and Looney. Most of the legislators are not die hard gun grabbers and are more concerned with getting reelected. Its why prior to Sandy Hook most gun bills failed even with strong media backing. If they enacted any sort of serious gun grab/confiscation of guns or magazines they would hit the very people who vote for them as well as hitting the rest of us who never would vote for them. The fact is that quite a few people don't have a problem with registration since they view it similar to registering their car. And some of those folks may even be fine with a low level tax on their firearms too. But the minute the state says "turn them in" there is liable to be a fairly good backlash by Democratic and Independent voters simply because they will be loosing their costly personal property or even family hand me downs.

Its been two years now since Sandy Hook, much of the emotion (outside of the media) that helped ram through more gun control seems to has dissipated amongst the legislators. While its important to be vigilante and aware of what our enemies are doing so we can prepare for possible action, lets not loose our minds over this and make assume that these proposed bills are a done deal. Time will tell if we get more gun control or not in CT.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm moving to Vegas.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:57:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I don't think so. The way you guys were ignored at the hearings, even though you overwhelmed the antis, together with the last election, I must sadly agree with JKM.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's up to you.

You misunderstood me.

When I say "it's up to you".  I mean that it's up to the individual as to how much they are going to capitulate.

Why the fuck are we even following these laws?  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top