Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 11:56:02 PM EDT
Hey nutter might want to rethink that boating trip.   This guy wants a hi tech anti-terror boat for trips to abbots.

Old Saybrook didn't want to have taxpayers buy them new a boat, and the guy gets pretty interesting.  

The attitude is just..... Wow.    Before anyone could ask him who does he think he works for, he heads that off with a direct challenge to just try to do anything about his statutorily protected employment.

This is just.....wow.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:39:00 AM EDT
[#1]
My town has a pretty nice police boat, I think it's a Bahston whaler outrage, but we have the Thimble islands with quite a few houses on them. Maybe old saybrook can hook this guy up with a pair of molle swimmies or a tacticool inner tube
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:50:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok....
We have 3 police boats, one is huge. We have two jetskis. We have a small fire boat. We have a Huey helicopter and Helipad. We have a motorcycle units. We do not have an MRAP though!
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:33:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh I have story's about spera. That guy is a pile. I lived in os for most of my life and I can say this guy is a angry as they come. He's got little man syndrome bad. I mean real bad
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:37:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok....
We have 3 police boats, one is huge. We have two jetskis. We have a small fire boat. We have a Huey helicopter and Helipad. We have a motorcycle units. We do not have an MRAP though!
View Quote

Technically Stratford owns the Huey. You also do not need an MRAP, you've had an LAV300 for years.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Technically Stratford owns the Huey. You also do not need an MRAP, you've had an LAV300 for years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok....

Yeah I am sure there are details that I don't know. I know that helicopter sees very little use - it didn't cost them much if anything- towns have to pay for upkeep and pilots- MRAP is newer and more better!

Lav300 is out of date- cannon don't work ! We are trying to get M1a Abrams- for no knock raids and such!
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:57:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Cop sounds like a cry baby.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:16:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah I am sure there are details that I don't know. I know that helicopter sees very little use - it didn't cost them much if anything- towns have to pay for upkeep and pilots- MRAP is newer and more better!

Lav300 is out of date- cannon don't work ! We are trying to get M1a Abrams- for no knock raids and such!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok....

Stratford and Fairfield have been very good about using that program to be honest, saved a lot of money for their towns. The Huey was a regional assets as I understand it, and the maintenance and upkeep costs are shared by the region, not just one town.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:36:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Stratford and Fairfield have been very good about using that program to be honest, saved a lot of money for their towns. The Huey was a regional assets as I understand it, and the maintenance and upkeep costs are shared by the region, not just one town.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok....

Yeah, I remember reading about it when they first got the Huey. Cobra would have been better though
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:53:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Great, so it appears the FSA mentality has pervaded the police force, too. What a whining rotter this guy is. "But I neeeeeeeeed it!"
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:25:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Great, so it appears the FSA mentality has pervaded the police force, too. What a whining rotter this guy is. "But I neeeeeeeeed it!"
View Quote

It certainly looks like they need something.

But like most of the people in this state, they either cannot afford it, or they cannot afford that much boat and the readiness costs that go along with it.

A good chief would do the best he can given the fiscal realities.   It's amazing what a resourceful group of people can field effectively.

Instead this chief wants to use even more town funds to use lawyers to pressure the finance committee, or sue them into getting his way.

Also, while I'm not one to argue salary versus merit, there is an interesting video on that channel describing the chief's pay and payroll relative to other towns and cities.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:30:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

But like most of the people in this state, they either cannot afford it, or they cannot afford that much boat and the readiness costs that go along with it.

A good chief would do the best he can given the fiscal realities.   It's amazing what a resourceful group of people can field effectively.

Instead this chief wants to use even more town funds to use lawyers to pressure the finance committee, or sue them into getting his way.

Also, while I'm not one to argue salary versus merit, there is an interesting video on that channel describing the chief's pay and payroll relative to other towns and cities.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately the town will eventually give in and give him what wants.... Or he will wage a war against all that oppose him!
It is my opinion that a police chief should not be eligible for overtime!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:04:16 PM EDT
[#12]
old saybrook has the some of the cheapest taxes in the state. they also have some of the nicest toys around. they have a very new 90ft ladder truck. tallest building in town is 3 story's though
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:05:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
old saybrook has the some of the cheapest taxes in the state. they also have some of the nicest toys around. they have a very new 90ft ladder truck. tallest building in town is 3 story's though
View Quote

Their kitties climb some pretty tall trees.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:06:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Unfortunately the town will eventually give in and give him what wants.... Or he will wage a war against all that oppose him!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like what new london did.

They put their chief on admin leave (albeit paid), she can't do shit.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:09:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yup. thats about all they need them for
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:20:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do you hate mutual aid?

Anyways, how short is this chief?   Is he under 5'5"?

The Acadamy needs a min height requirement.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:32:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Midgets have rights too!

Police chiefs should be salaried with no overtime. Who authorizes his OT?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:35:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't think height, think reach.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:40:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

im guessing 5,5.

i remember watching him pull his gun at a traffic stop. never saw anyone so angry in my life.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thats what she said
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:19:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I questioned a buddy of mine about a super tall ladder truck for a town with a 3 story building he explained. Yes the height is needed to rescue or enter exit from a high floor. The thing I did not think about was when deployed at that length you can spray water on the roof of a large warehouse in an area you can't reach without the ladder.

My friend knows a little something about it. His family owned Saulsbury Fire Equipment which they sold and now he works for KME Fire.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:34:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think in terms of girth
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:35:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

im guessing 5,5.

i remember watching him pull his gun at a traffic stop. never saw anyone so angry in my life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

im guessing 5,5.

Jesus

What a punk
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:14:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

thats what she said
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thats what she said

lol
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:15:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

When I questioned a buddy of mine about a super tall ladder truck for a town with a 3 story building he explained. Yes the height is needed to rescue or enter exit from a high floor. The thing I did not think about was when deployed at that length you can spray water on the roof of a large warehouse in an area you can't reach without the ladder.

My friend knows a little something about it. His family owned Saulsbury Fire Equipment which they sold and now he works for KME Fire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

well that too

but also the reach

may only be 3 stories, but how close can you get to the building?

in the burbs, alot of buildings are set back farther then in the city
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:15:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

of dildos?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:21:39 PM EDT
[#27]
My take way?

The leadership of the town needs to look for a new Chief.  To have their Chief throw a tantrum like that is ridiculous.  He basically dropped several threats to get his boat.    With an operating budget of 27% of the town's budget is insane.  I would now look through his spending with a fine tooth comb.  Starting with his overtime.  I don't see how he has any justification for anything new.

Second, I would have voted against the 300K plus boat too.  The town isn't guarantee that grant to reimburse most of the cost.  I also don't like the hitch with this grant.  To have the town on a 24/7 readiness for federal use concerns me.  However  I'd ask how far the 90K would go in modernizing of the current boat.  

Overall this Chief needs to go.  The current boat needs some modernization.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

well that too

but also the reach

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

well that too

but also the reach

this particular building is next to a huge empty parking lot.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:23:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My take way?

The leadership of the town needs to look for a new Chief.  To have their Chief throw a tantrum like that is ridiculous.  He basically dropped several threats to get his boat.    With an operating budget of 27% of the town's budget is insane.  I would now look through his spending with a fine tooth comb.  Starting with his overtime.  I don't see how he has any justification for anything new.

Second, I would have voted against the 300K plus boat too.  The town isn't guarantee that grant to reimburse most of the cost.  I also don't like the hitch with this grant.  To have the town on a 24/7 readiness for federal use concerns me.  However  I'd ask how far the 90K would go in modernizing of the current boat.  

View Quote

hes dirty as they come. corruption written all over him.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:50:42 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

My take way?

View Quote

Sounds pretty level headed and logical. +1

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:24:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My take way?

24/7 year round readiness would require two boats due to scheduled maintenance.  A second boat would also allow for true force on force training.

If anybody would like to sell the dept. a boat here is the form.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:28:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

24/7 year round readiness would require two boats due to scheduled maintenance.  A second boat would also allow for true force on force training.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My take way?

lol Old saybrook wants to do boarding parties and fast rope onto pirate skiffs

It's a sleepy little town made up of old money and retired New York executives.  

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:17:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

well that too

but also the reach

not just saying that one particular building

a wide variety of calls where it might be needed
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#34]
i lived there for 30 years and never heard or seen them need it. oh and they also have an older one about the same size. being big and shiny an new is good for the towns rep i guess
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:44:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
i lived there for 30 years and never heard or seen them need it. oh and they also have an older one about the same size. being big and shiny an new is good for the towns rep i guess
View Quote

One is none, two is one.

Gotta have a spare.

Ive got a fire extinguisher I never needed

til last march

Edit to add

Its also way safer for both the victim and firefighter if rescuing out of window with an aerial device

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:25:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

One is none, two is one.

Gotta have a spare.

I say meh!
Fuck him!
Fuck me!
Fuck em all!- the tax payers ... That is!

til last march

Edit to add

Its also way safer for both the victim and firefighter if rescuing out of window with an aerial device

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One is none, two is one.

Gotta have a spare.

I say meh!
Fuck him!
Fuck me!
Fuck em all!- the tax payers ... That is!

til last march

Edit to add

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:45:54 PM EDT
[#37]

It's a sleepy little town made up of old money, retired New York executives and a police chief with Napoleon complex.  

View Quote

Fixed it for ya.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:23:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Fixed it for ya.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's a sleepy little town made up of old money, retired New York executives and a police chief with Napoleon complex.  

Fixed it for ya.

Should we just refer to the police chief now as the "little corporal"
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:32:32 AM EDT
[#39]
hes such a douche.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:32:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
hes such a douche.
View Quote

id say uber douche
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:43:41 PM EDT
[#41]
I boat on the Thames quite a bit.

New London, Ledyard, Norwich, Groton, and USCG all on the river. We have all the police boats we need thanks!

Maybe he is excited that boaters cannot decline a search.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:03:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I boat on the Thames quite a bit.

New London, Ledyard, Norwich, Groton, and USCG all on the river. We have all the police boats we need thanks!

Maybe he is excited that boaters cannot decline a search.
View Quote

i live off the thames. nobody up my way
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:03:33 PM EDT
[#43]
FUCK THAT COCKSUCKER!!!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:39:26 AM EDT
[#44]
You seem familiar
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:02:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 7:41:11 AM EDT
[#46]
little update. making sure my folks vote no

here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top